Morris Dancing

Has anyone any experience of this? A friend of mine is a morris dancer in a local folk group, he has asked if I would join them this weekend as they are a man short. I am uncertain as to whether or not to join them, I do ballroom dancing frequently but not had any experience of morris dancing. Just wondered if any one has done any before I commit to it?

I’d steer clear…

v1.jpg

It is said that you should try everything once, except ■■■■■■ and morris dancing.

Harry Monk:
It is said that you should try everything once, except ■■■■■■ and morris dancing.

Not heard that before Harry, but I suspect you may be right.

Bully’s…

I tried it once but I kept slipping off the bonnet. :smiley:
Ithankyou.

I’m here all week. :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:

Coined by the late great Mike Dickin RIP, I believe,
(Talksport). :bulb:
And used ever since by me. :smiley:

robroy:
Ithankyou.

I was surprised until I read the full reply :smiley: I know a lot of drivers who are interested in this traditional dance. I know it entices a broad range of people who express themselves in this way. My friend is a Morris dancer and he is extremely clever. I am not sure it is for me though to be honest.

UKtramp:

robroy:
Ithankyou.

I was surprised until I read the full reply :smiley: I know a lot of drivers who are interested in this traditional dance. I know it entices a broad range of people who express themselves in this way. My friend is a Morris dancer and he is extremely clever. I am not sure it is for me though to be honest.

Cmon mate, enough now,
you’ve got away with a lot of wind ups on here toying with the gullible and the not so quick off the mark, but Morris Dancing?..nah, not having that mate.
6 out of a possible 10 for effort.
:laughing:

Forgot to say I tried Tap dancing as well, but kept falling in the sink.
:smiley:

robroy:
Cmon mate, enough now,
you’ve got away with a lot of wind ups on here toying with the gullible and the not so quick off the mark, but Morris Dancing?..nah, not having that mate.
6 out of a possible 10 for effort.
:laughing:

It’s a charity event that is taking place in a village near to where I live, one of the dancers has dropped out and they need another volunteer urgently. I told him I don’t know the dances and that it will take too long to learn. He told me no need as they just make it up so am asking if anyone has any tips if they do this dance. I doubt I would ever do it again but if it helps them out and it is for a good cause. I feel a bit daft doing it so not sure if I would bottle out of it.

I’m not even gonna comment on your ball room dancing Rob!

the maoster:
I’m not even gonna comment on your ball room dancing Rob!

Hey mate,… all the ladies round my way I knew when I was younger, STILL talk about my pase dobla. :sunglasses:

My friend told me not too worry about being embarrassed and has just sent me this picture through of the costumes, he said no one will recognise me in it. I have decided that I am going to give it a shot.

morris.jpg

I think you’ll be good, after all you did used to be a red coat at Butlins.

bobbya:
I think you’ll be good, after all you did used to be a red coat at Butlins.

It is similar bobbya I agree. I used to perform dance and song as a redcoat, this role simply involves dance.

Be better on bully’s

> UKtramp:
> Has anyone any experience of this? A friend of mine is a morris dancer in a local folk group, he has asked if I would join them this weekend as they are a man short. I am uncertain as to whether or not to join them, I do ballroom dancing frequently but not had any experience of morris dancing. Just wondered if any one has done any before I commit to it?

You can’t do it if you’ve been circumcised - you have to be a complete prick to do it :grimacing:

Harry Monk:

You’ll never catch me morris dancing cough

Most morris sides have a “fool”,whose job it is to raise donations from the watching crowd…this is done by clowning about,frightening young children,and hitting them on the head with an inflated sheep’s bladder attached by string to a stick :open_mouth:
Please don’t ask me how I know this :blush: :unamused:
I think you could possibly fit the bill :wink: