Children in need ffs!

Pain in the arse, millionaires asking us mere mortals for money. Chris Evans show as been unbearable with the auctions this week. 25000 for a night out with him and rick Astley!

A friend of mine turned up somewhere yesterday and got told they wouldn’t tip him unless he paid a fiver for children in need. He asked for his notes back and threatened to ■■■■ off. Surprisingly they still tipped him but made him out to be the bad guy.

Too many people making a good living off of this charity lark.

Astley and evans? Bloody hell by the horns of beelzebub what could be worse than this apart from gary barlow and peter andre maybe.

Optional to pay/give money though isnt it, no ones forcing anyones hand here. I pay into a cats charity. If at any point i wanted to stop giving (which i wouldnt) i could do. I wont pay into children in need but others will, its their choice…
I do agree that refusing to tip without a donation to a charity (whichever one it is) is out of order.

Extortion guilt trips finger pointing these charity parasites know all the tricks.

Not sure as i’d do a night out with Chris Evans for a measly £25k, they’d have to up that offer considerably.

Working for the BBC children in need mob is quite a lucrative little number, average employee cost (wages NI and pension) over £10k more per year than the usual charity cases, BBC pension too for the win, kerbleedinching.

As for charities in general, i’m about out of goodwill, i only ever give to charities that operate in Britain, and have become selective with those avoiding the ones with vastly overpaid fat cats at the top.

It can be quite interesting if in your travels you happen to be tipping next door to one of these charity offices, you won’t see much activity till between 9 and 10am, when surprisingly expensive cars start arriving.

bugcos:
A friend of mine turned up somewhere yesterday and got told they wouldn’t tip him unless he paid a fiver for children in need. He asked for his notes back and threatened to [zb] off. Surprisingly they still tipped him but made him out to be the bad guy.

That is absolutely outrageous.

The whole “Children in Need” thing has just become a huge scam. I’d be very surprised if any of the celebrities who promote it have agreed to give up their performance fees “for the sake of the children”. I absolutely refuse point-blank to donate to it and I’ll be glad when we get back to normality on the radio.

I run the Berlin Marathon in 2014 to raise money for Cancer research and the phone didn’t stop ringing for 2+ years!! Can I do this, donate that, do I want to sponsor someone/something etc etc

ended up Blocking several of their numbers and and being downright rude to them before they would leave me alone.

The only charity thats gets a penny out of me now are the old boys selling poppy’s.

Battle of Britain day and Poppy Day area must for me , as well as cancer research , being a cancer surviver it’s close to my heart . As said before , Children in needs has become a huge scam and a platform for hasbeens and wannabes to display their , er , talents ?

The issue for me is the amount that actually goes to those that need it, the BBC are currently sitting on £87 million of donations.

All these big charities take huge amounts to run, then you have all the tax dodging celebrities telling us to give what we can, a complete fraud.

The worst example for me is save the children, whose chief executive rakes in £234,000 a year.

bugcos,i agree,i listen every year and I think where the hell do people get their money,£20,000 here,£40,000 there,it’s ridiculous,and after all a lot is used for administration,wages,expenses,and so on,a lot of these bloody celebs don’t do it for free despite what people hear

mike68:
The issue for me is the amount that actually goes to those that need it, the BBC are currently sitting on £87 million of donations.

All these big charities take huge amounts to run, then you have all the tax dodging celebrities telling us to give what we can, a complete fraud.

The worst example for me is save the children, whose chief executive rakes in £234,000 a year.

they also have offices valued at over £17 million,and no doubt they have all the benefits,company cars,liquid lunches etc,most charities are a big con

from time to time I give to animal charities,the one who I think is really good is animal aid in india,seen their work on you tube and what they do,mostly street dogs,they do a fantastic job

thirdsector.co.uk/simon-ant … le/1404657

whatdotheyknow.com/request/ … sthrough=1

From Wiki

In November 2006, Intelligent Giving published an article about Children in Need, which attracted wide attention across the British media. The article, titled “Four things wrong with Pudsey”, described donations to Children in Need as a “lazy and inefficient way of giving” and pointed out that, as a grant-giving charity, Children in Need would use donations to pay two sets of administration costs. It also described the quality of some of its public reporting as “shambolic”.[61][62]
In 2007, it was reported that presenter Terry Wogan had been receiving an annual honorarium since 1980 (amounting to £9,065 in 2005). This made him the only celebrity paid for his participation in Children in Need. Wogan, however, stated that he would “quite happily do it for nothing” and had “never asked for a fee”. The BBC stated that the amount, which was paid from BBC resources and not from the Children in Need charity fund, had “never been negotiated”, having instead increased in line with inflation.[63] Two days before the 2007 event, it was reported that Wogan had waived his compensation.[64]
There has also been concern about the type of groups receiving funding from Children in Need. Writing in The Spectator, Ross Clark noted how funding goes towards controversial groups such as Women in Prison, which campaigns against jailing female criminals. Another charity highlighted was the Children’s Legal Centre, which provided funding for Shabina Begum to sue her school as she wanted to wear the jilbāb. Clark pondered whether donors seeing cancer victims on screen would appreciate “that a slice of their donation would be going into the pockets of Cherie Blair to help a teenage girl sue her school over her refusal to wear a school uniform”.[65]

AndrewG:
Optional to pay/give money though isnt it, no ones forcing anyones hand here. I pay into a cats charity. If at any point i wanted to stop giving (which i wouldnt) i could do. I wont pay into children in need but others will, its their choice…
I do agree that refusing to tip without a donation to a charity (whichever one it is) is out of order.

What about kittens in need…■■? :laughing:

Retired fridge engineer in need, Trampy has been to places so dangerous and hostile , that even the SAS ,SBS would not go to.
The charity would provide 24 hour nursing care and buy a field to walk around in.

exit:

AndrewG:

I would gladly donate…i just adore cats… :smiley:
I also donate boxes of cat food to the local charity in Nerja where i live, they provide feeding stations for the communes of strays…

Charity equals big business. I have a relative who set up a charity with very good intentions from scratch. It has done well and now is quite well to do. Expenses rocket and more money is spent on costs than the beneficiaries.

A friend of my wife’s brother died. He left a five figure sum to the RSPCA. He had seven cats and guess what, the RSPCA wouldn’t do anything to do with the cats.

Another person I know son died. He left his house to a charity. They hounded them to get the money. When the house was sold the charity said it was sold too cheap and they would have to make up the difference.

I no longer give to charities unless I know who’s involved and it’s local.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

AndrewG:

exit:

AndrewG:

I also donate boxes of cat food to the local charity in Nerja where i live, they provide feeding stations for the communes of strays…

do they leave anything out for the kittens also ?

nerjatoday.com/2013/09/08/45 … boran-sea/ :open_mouth:

PDSA get generous donations off of me every time one of my 4 pets (2 dogs, 2 cats) go for a checkup or treatment, when we were on our arse a few years back the PDSA was there to treat one of my animals f.o.c, now even though I don’t qualify for free treatment I still go to them over a regular veterinary surgery.

The other charity donations we do is donate old clothes, books and other re-usable goods to local charity shops I was quite pleased that a Help for Heroes charity shop has recently opened near us, unfortunately we have nothing to take down to them as of yet.

I will not give money to charity until the blatant misuses are fixed such as ''named ''people getting ‘‘honarariums’’ for having their name on the letter headings,etc,the corruption and bribery involved in getting said charity to the recipients.
Many years ago i was asked to do a few internal loads of food aid in Sudan.Whilst being loaded in Port Sudan i watched pick up trucks being loaded with the same aid and driven directly to the market to be sold ‘‘black’’.And waiting for permits to deliver which were only given after an envelope was handed over with a ‘‘Little present’’ to the official,and this for their own people.

AndrewG:

There’s nothing better than stroking a well groomed ■■■■■