Children in need ffs!

albion:

Reef:
PDSA get generous donations off of me every time one of my 4 pets (2 dogs, 2 cats) go for a checkup or treatment, when we were on our arse a few years back the PDSA was there to treat one of my animals f.o.c, now even though I don’t qualify for free treatment I still go to them over a regular veterinary surgery.

I’m presuming the PDSA are having to change the way to do things. From another forum :

I have received today a letter and leaflet from the PDSA stating that they can no longer afford to fund veterinary services for people who are in receipt of state benefit. The previous scheme is to run until the end of the six month certificate previously awarded to each client to be presented at their vets and a contribution made to the cost. In place, via the leaflet, there is now a £4.50 charge each month and if I understand this correctly gives you access to one vet consultation per 12 month plus one booster also. There is then 20% off FULL price vet treatment and 15 % off PDSA Vet Insurance

Probably a combination of falling donations and people abusing the system.

I’m not too sure whether it’s different from region to region or not but ours (Swansea) have recently started this year having only one registered pet per household qualifying for free veterinary care (assuming you meet benefits requirements) and any other pet within that household then gets a reduced fee per consultation/treatment/medication (it may be 40% of the overall cost but don’t quote me on that as I cannot remember exactly off the top of my head)