Firefox Quantum

Has anyone else tried this new Firefox browser? I’ve been trying the developer edition prior to it’s release on November 14th. I’ve always been a fan of firefox but lately it’s got bloated, slow and a bit of a memory hog. This new Quantum browser is lightening fast & much slicker, Me likey. mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/quantum/

Is there a Linux version?

Firefox Quantum is the new Firefox version 57 which, as the OP said, is due for release in November, I haven’t tried it yet but the beta seems to be getting good reviews.

gardun:

Yes I should think so as Firefox is the default browser of Linux distro’s.

lancpudn:

gardun:

Yes I should think so as Firefox is the default browser of Linux distro’s.

I assumed so, just too lazy to look it up!

It came in automatically on my update couple of days ago, i never asked it to just appeared, thanks :unamused:
Everythings bloody changed but can’t say as anythings better, supposed to be faster no it bloody isn’t
Had to find new versions of me add ons, which meant sodding about white listing all the sites i don’t want to auto destroy cookies when i shut down.
Tried its best not to let me use DuckDuckGo as me home page/search engine, so had to download DDG again.

Netflix now almost unusable, it wasn’t much better before mind.

Why can’t people just leave bloody things alone, it wasn’t broke so why fix it.

Because I lost some of the adons I regularly use I went back to version 56.0b9 (Quantum is version 57).

Firefox older versions

Install an older version of Firefox notes.

I found that I didn’t have to uninstall version 57, I just installed the version I wanted and it took Firefox back to version 56.0b9 without any problems.

If you want to go back to an earlier version be sure to disable automatic updates.
(Menu bar / Tools / Options, on the General tab scroll down to near the bottom of the page and you’ll see the update options - Allow Firefox to)

If you use Firefox Sync like I do it will make sure your adons are installed to :smiley:

The Mrs’ update to quantum was causing real issues, however, we disabled Adblock plus and put UBlock Origin on as an adblocker and fetched in a fresh version of Ghostery and her PC is back to running fine.
I did the same, dumped Adblock and added UBlock and mine is a lot better now too, haven’t a clue why but UBlock seems to be killing more ad trackers than Adblock was, if the counter on the icon is to be believed.

So we’ll keep the quantum for now and see how we go.

Thanks for the the links there Tachograph, if we get further probs we’ll restore the older.