New Camera

Going to India in 4 weeks so need a camera but apart from this holiday it won’t get much use, anyone know if a Kodak AZ422 astro zoom would be any good at £139 or could anyone recommend something simple but suitable.

I’ll reply to bump this for you and hope that someone with experience of that camera and more experience of photography in general will be along to give more helpful advice :wink:

Did you already google for reviews? There are plenty of customer reviews on Amazon, also an article at photographyblog.com/reviews/ … 21_review/
That article also lists some of the camera’s main rivals, which might also be worth looking at.

Something that goes from wide angle to a long zoom I think is a good choice for travel, where you might be shooting everything from street scenes to animals on safari.

Don’t forget whatever you get you will need to charge it, so make sure that you have the necessary adapters and leads. Also again, whatever camera you get, do practice with it as much as possible beforehand so that you are completely, thoroughly familiar with it by the time you are actually there on holiday. You don’t want to miss a shot because you were fiddling with the camera trying to remember what button to press :wink:

Most of getting good photos is down to practice, rather than the choice of gear as such. I’ve got lots of cameras :blush: :laughing: and the pictures I take tend to look similar regardless of what I used to take the picture :wink: . The nearest I have to that Kodak is probably a Panasonic FZ-50 which is much older and has a much less wide zoom range. I’ve been very happy with it though and if I were looking for another bridge camera Panasonic would be on the list of ones I’d look at.

Good luck with your Kodak or whatever you choose, and enjoy the trip!

Thank you for your reply Zetor, I have also been told to look at a Canon Powershot SX430 as they are more reliable than Kodak and about the same price.

I can’t help you with the Kodak but I have a Fuji Finepix SL1000 which is similar and would say that bridge cameras like this are the way to go if your not into photography but want to take decent photos. if you can find one at a decent price they are an excellent camera and get very good reviews.I would advise getting at least one spare battery and a memory card. the 50X zoom can run the battery down if you use it a lot and I would think it would be the same for a similar camera.
[attachment=1]DSCF1566.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]DSCF1572.JPG[/attachment]

This is what a 50x lens gives you, The squirrel is sitting on a branch of the tree on the left just above the shed. The tree on the right no longer exists we woke up one morning to find it in the garden after a storm.

DSCF1566.JPG