Refrigeration masterclasses

I am sure that everyone is mystified by refrigeration and would love to have a more in depth knowledge of cold stores and the whole refrigeration cycle in general. You are lucky that you have me as a member of TNUK, I have decided to give you this knowledge and de mystify the subject in terms that will be of interest for you to know in relation to those that pull reefers and deliver temperature controlled produce. As you will all be aware that real fridge men like myself are often looked upon in a similar light to rocket and nuclear scientists which often frightens off your average person ever looking into the subject. It is true that refrigeration is an art and a science combined together and takes a lot more than your average bear to get their heads around. However I will give you a good working knowledge far greater than your average reefer driver knows without the headache of the science. This is really fantastic of me to do this but that is typical of me, just helping others out without any need for recognition. I will also give you some of my greatest refrigeration tales along the way as I know everyone has their own favourite refrigeration tale.

1 out of 10 for another look at me trolling attempt pal.

I turn them on and off and adjust the set points. I fill it with red diesel and on occasion jump start them and bleed them of they have run dry. If none of that it isn’t my problem and is someone elses problem to deal with.

Everyone needs a fridge and freezer but most of us don’t give two hoots as long as they get cold.

This ^^^^^

1.jpg

iT5m9O198zl4I.gif

simcor:

I turn them on and off and adjust the set points. I fill it with red diesel and on occasion jump start them and bleed them of they have run dry. If none of that it isn’t my problem and is someone elses problem to deal with.

Everyone needs a fridge and freezer but most of us don’t give two hoots as long as they get cold.

Perhaps this isn’t for you then. Others will be fascinated and gain additional knowledge. You might look on the CPC as your level of knowledge needed and that’s fine but you cannot spoil it for those who are interested.

UKtramp:

simcor:

Perhaps this isn’t for you then. Others will be fascinated and gain additional knowledge. You might look on the CPC as your level of knowledge needed and that’s fine but you cannot spoil it for those who are interested.

What the ■■■■ has DCPC got to do with it. Everything I know about fridges has been taught or explained to me by people who were more experienced than me.

Do you really think anyone will be that interested in you and your refrigeration master classes?

I very much doubt it somehow.

One day you might just read one of your posts and realise they come across as the little kid stood in the middle of the room shouting “look at me look at me”. You might also realise how they make you look like a knob constantly bragging about how fantastic you are et al.

I wonder how you get your head inside a truck sometimes.

I know what I need to know pulling reefers and that is where my interest in them ends, much like the majority will have little interest in how they work etc.

simcor:
I know what I need to know pulling reefers and that is where my interest in them ends, much like the majority will have little interest in how they work etc.

Absolutely fine, just what is your problem with anyone else being interested just because you are not? I don’t understand your logic, I am giving away free knowledge here that has taken me a lifetime of experience, not asking for money from you. I understand you may have no interest in knowledge but I am not forcing you to learn something new.

UKtramp:

simcor:

Absolutely fine, just what is your problem with anyone else being interested just because you are not? I don’t understand your logic, I am giving away free knowledge here that has taken me a lifetime of experience, not asking for money from you. I understand you may have no interest in knowledge but I am not forcing you to learn something new.

You have on inflated sense of self importance and superiority in nearly ever post you start. So I go back to the original info, you do it deliberately to troll, no one can be that dumb to make the posts you do by accident.

As for who is interested let’s see who is then, and I would not say anyone who seems interested actually is, they are more likely in it to wind you up by pretending to be interested.

Anyway good luck. Oh and it’s my opinion and you have it for free as well, no money will need to exchange hands.

And again stop acting like a child, it’s a public post by starting it you invite responses, whether you like them or want them is irrelevant, you can say your piece everyone else can say theirs, it’s the Internet after all, there is a life outside this forum.

Hook, line, and sinker…

73c444fe-cfc0-40a2-b59d-f688f7299795.gif

Share you’re wisdom with us oh wise one

simcor:
As for who is interested let’s see who is then, and I would not say anyone who seems interested actually is, they are more likely in it to wind you up by pretending to be interested.

I doubt people will act interested to wind me up, this may surprise you but there are quite a number on here who will be not only interested but will have some questions that they have but been afraid to ask. It is not me being big headed or feeling superior at all, I am giving my vast expertise to those who want it. My knowledge is invaluable to some and to others may seem worthless, I would love someone like me to give their knowledge to me for my own gains. That is what I am offering. Take it or leave it.

the nodding donkey:
Hook, line, and sinker…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That’s my favourite gif donkey.

ROADRANGER:
Share you’re wisdom with us oh wise one

Your wish is my command ROADRANGER. Knowledge is coming your way.

Fridge for cold.
Microwave for hot.

Now go and enjoy your lives.

AndieHyde:
Fridge for cold.
Microwave for hot.

Not the wisest of words I have heard, if someone put a post up telling us how to fill and empty a tanker which is something I do not know, then I would be most interested as I would learn something from that. This is the same principle.

I,m always willing to learn, so please begin the lesson.

Don’t shoot the messenger

UKtramp:

AndieHyde:
Fridge for cold.
Microwave for hot.

Not the wisest of words I have heard, if someone put a post up telling us how to fill and empty a tanker which is something I do not know, then I would be most interested as I would learn something from that. This is the same principle.

Thank god you dont work in my local shop, somehow i dont think i would be served for at least a couple of hours…so instead of harping on about will you wont you with another driver, at least start the subject, or tell us when the class lessons begin. i too have worked on fridges over the years, and all i need to know is how to set the temperature…+ or - for the various loads i have had to carry, salad stuffs, fruits, frozen etc, these days the temp is set to what ever the exporter/customer tells us, or i always ask…i am always up for knowledge that would benefit me…i can jump start a fridge, fill it and keep it filled with cherry, and have never run a fridge dry, i have washed them out after carrying fresh killed lambs, i have carried hanging beef too ( not with 20 tons of steel plate underneath though ) so if theres something that will benefit me, i will listen, if you want to tell me how or why…i`m not interested, and i dont suppose anyone else would be either…but carry on SIR… BTW, if you want to know how to fill up and empty a tanker, thats no problem for me either…liquid or powder. ?

biggriffin:
I,m always willing to learn, so please begin the lesson.

Well you could start by using an apostrophe between the I and the m rather than the comma you have used… :slight_smile: