Abuse..

Personally i think TN is the best truck forum on the net and rarely look elsewhere.
Its usually a well balanced place with good debates and although it can get heated on some subjects its a shame (imho) that some seem to have to resort to abuse and name calling just because someone else has a different viewpoint. It seems to have only been the last few weeks when some topics have gone really pear shaped…
Me… well i have different views to some on transport so really expect to get berated for my misdemeanors :grimacing:

AndrewG:
Personally i think TN is the best truck forum on the net and rarely look elsewhere.
Its usually a well balanced place with good debates and although it can get heated on some subjects its a shame (imho) that some seem to have to resort to abuse and name calling just because someone else has a different viewpoint. It seems to have only been the last few weeks when some topics have gone really pear shaped…
Me… well i have different views to some on transport so really expect to get berated for my misdemeanors :grimacing:

Very well said

AndrewG:
its a shame (imho) that some seem to have to resort to abuse and name calling just because someone else has a different viewpoint.

No we dont you ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■■

I think it is fair to say I get my fair share of abuse for no apparent reason.

UKtramp:

We seem to have a thing about fridge engineering it’s like every time you mention it like you should have said you were one

UKtramp:

I think its also fair to say you hand out more than you receive. Perhaps that’s the reason which doesn’t seem very apparent to you?

I have a theory that you might be one of the people AndrewG politely didn’t mention as a muck-slinger in his OP.

nsmith1180:

UKtramp:

I think its also fair to say you hand out more than you receive. Perhaps that’s the reason which doesn’t seem very apparent to you?

I have a theory that you might be one of the people AndrewG politely didn’t mention as a muck-slinger in his OP.

Don’t think so, you are way off the mark saying that. Your just a ■■■■■

UKtramp:

nsmith1180:

UKtramp:

Don’t think so, you are way off the mark saying that. Your just a [zb].

I’m not sure if you are really bad at irony or actually diagnosable. Either way I’m not being drawn into this.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
I’m not sure if you are really bad at irony or actually diagnosable. Either way I’m not being drawn into this.

Well you started it you abusive ■■■■■■■■ learn to keep your mouth shut.

Bloody heck Andrew, have you got the worlds biggest wooden spoon stuck up your pipe or what :open_mouth: , half a dozen posts and look where we are :unamused:

Juddian:
Bloody heck Andrew, have you got the worlds biggest wooden spoon stuck up your pipe or what :open_mouth: , half a dozen posts and look where we are :unamused:

Looks like my attempt at a truce has back fired mate…

I think it is a good post tbh, I am only kidding with my last posts btw nsmith1180. Just in case you really believed I am been abusive I aren’t. Just my humour, sick & twisted perhaps but not offensive in the least. :wink:

Nice recovery attempt.

This thread topic reminds me of my days moderating an antiscam forum where arguments where constant and very entertaining.

Usual scenario, new member joins to enquire about a to good to be true investment scheme. We all dissect it showing how it’s either a pyramid, ponzi, dodgy mlm, autosurf, matrix scam etc.

Thread is then picked up by shills for the particular scam who join the discussion and it all kicks off.
The original poster who is usually lead shill then joins in.

To try and stop this the admin tried to toughen up the moderation to attract more members, this backfired and the place became a ghost town.

Moral of the story is forum members need a free rein to kick off and the few new members put off is a drop in the ocean compared to the regulars who attract like-minded argumentative buggers.
Yes there will be flounce offs but get the balance right and even the most abused member will come back for more in a weird quasi Stockholm syndrome stylee…

I think the admin team here have it just about right for a forum that almost mirrors the banter truckers can get up to in the real world.

But then I’m biased as I’ve been here a while and love everyone, or would do given half a chance.

UKtramp:
I think it is a good post tbh, I am only kidding with my last posts btw nsmith1180. Just in case you really believed I am been abusive I aren’t. Just my humour, sick & twisted perhaps but not offensive in the least. :wink:

I get your humour - but then I’m a very sick git. Tis my experience that people like to dish it out but cry like babes when others hit back… smudge probably thinks it’s ok to say you’re diagnosable… but is offended by your retort.

I’m happy to go too far one day and forget the next… think I might ask Rob if he’ll marry me.

Jingle Jon:
I’m happy to go too far one day and forget the next… think I might ask Rob if he’ll marry me.

I see this a lot, Rob is the lead gigolo for many a bromance. Starts off the usual way with little fall outs then the making up begins and very soon you will find yourself trying to enter his inner circle.

Talking of Robs bromance’s what happened to ‘evilbeezle’, I can confirm he is not one of the forum members I have met up with and eaten.

Dipper_Dave:

Jingle Jon:

I see this a lot, Rob is the lead gigolo for many a bromance. Starts off the usual way with little fall outs then the making up begins and very soon you will find yourself trying to enter his inner circle.

Talking of Robs bromance’s what happened to ‘evilbeezle’, I can confirm he is not one of the forum members I have met up with and eaten.

Glad you asked that, i’ve been wondering why Evil has vanished.

Dipper_Dave:

Jingle Jon:

I had to re-read that post . .
Twice!
[emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Dipper_Dave:
This thread topic reminds me of my days moderating an antiscam forum where arguments where constant and very entertaining.

Usual scenario, new member joins to enquire about a to good to be true investment scheme. We all dissect it showing how it’s either a pyramid, ponzi, dodgy mlm, autosurf, matrix scam etc.

Thread is then picked up by shills for the particular scam who join the discussion and it all kicks off.
The original poster who is usually lead shill then joins in.

To try and stop this the admin tried to toughen up the moderation to attract more members, this backfired and the place became a ghost town.

Moral of the story is forum members need a free rein to kick off and the few new members put off is a drop in the ocean compared to the regulars who attract like-minded argumentative buggers.
Yes there will be flounce offs but get the balance right and even the most abused member will come back for more in a weird quasi Stockholm syndrome stylee…

I think the admin team here have it just about right for a forum that almost mirrors the banter truckers can get up to in the real world.

But then I’m biased as I’ve been here a while and love everyone, or would do given half a chance.

Are you sure ? :grimacing:

Think I have got Stockholm Syndrome rather than anything else, like DD I would love everyone given the chance. I agree the forum mods have the right balance though, they realise that a boring forum would turn away more members than one that is graced by a fun loving tramp that has intellect, style, humour, ■■■ appeal and modesty and above all else is just a dam fine driver too, (class 1) of course!!