What a great country to live in UK Re Brexit

The country wants to go on its own and thats a joke and a laugh.
Lets talk about outsourcing and we should not forget that most of what the countrys people thinks we own is owned by foreign countrys and companys
Buses
Trains
any road works you see is foreign
transport companys
shipping companys
There is nothing produced in the uk thats exported, if you know better please state what, not cows or sheep
BA biggest invester is foreign
And you wonder why you dont see uk trucks in europe much now, its because we dont produce anything
its a bit late to try and get back the english way of things that disappeared many moons ago, every where you go and any one you deal with about anything in this country you will deal with a person who lives here through links from far away places, in any departments in the government and the rest.
Its like what was voted is we want to put the cart before the horse and go back, its to late because the horse is well bolted

nightline:
There is nothing produced in the uk thats exported, if you know better please state what, not cows or sheep

Great argument, except of course for the fact that you are talking out of your arse…

United Kingdom shipped US$408.9 billion worth of goods around the globe in 2016, up by 13.7% since 2009 when the Great Recession kicked in but down by -12.3% from 2015 to 2016.
United Kingdom’s top 10 exports accounted for more than two-thirds (69.8%) of the overall value of its global shipments.
Based on statistics from the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook Database, United Kingdom’s total Gross Domestic Product amounted to $2.778 trillion as of November 2016. Therefore, exports account for about 14.7% of total UK economic output.
From a continental perspective, 54.3% of UK exports by value are delivered to other European trade partners while 21.2% are sold to Asian importers. United Kingdom ships another 16.7% to North America and just 2.8% to Africa.
Given United Kingdom’s population of 64.4 million people, its total $408.9 billion in 2016 exports translates to roughly 6,300 for every resident in that country.

United Kingdom’s Top 10 Exports
The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in UK global shipments during 2016. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from United Kingdom.

1. Machinery including computers: US$60.3 billion (14.7% of total exports)
  2. Vehicles : $51.7 billion (12.6%)
  3. Pharmaceuticals: $32.6 billion (8%)
  4. Gems, precious metals: $27.5 billion (6.7%)
  5. Electrical machinery, equipment: $27.1 billion (6.6%)
  6. Mineral fuels including oil: $26.2 billion (6.4%)
  7. Aircraft, spacecraft: $20.7 billion (5.1%)
  8. Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $17.2 billion (4.2%)
  9. Plastics, plastic articles: $11.2 billion (2.7%)
  10. Organic chemicals: $10.8 billion (2.6%)

Not to mention homegrown produce like cheeses, spirits, beers, cloth, small cottage industry concerns and probably many other things I haven’t though of…

But no apart from all that we don’t produce and export anything out of the UK :unamused:

You know where the door is, please avail yourself to any of our numerous ports or airports.

You’re right we have an unsustainable trade deficit with the EU among others.In the case of the EU we also pay a fortune in net contributions and have to agree to allowing unelected commissioners and people like Merkel and Juncker and Tusk and foreign majority vote to rule over us,for the privilege.

Staying with the EU fixes any or all of that that how ?. Oh wait you think it’s better to go on paying them and to keep importing their stuff until we can no longer afford to pay for the resulting debt and would rather be ruled by foreign interests who you have no democratic control over.Rather than re building our own industrial base and telling the Germans to do one. :unamused:

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of rebuilding our industrial base and standing alone like a shining beacon in a sea of foreign beaurocracy I’m sorry to say it’s just that, sentiment.
I remember when we were encouraged to buy British cars, Leyland especially. The cats were ■■■■, underdeveloped and the build quality was beyond a joke. You’d think any workforce fighting for it’s survival might’ve taken care to ensure at least the quality was there? Then there were the Rover group years where the senior management ensured failure by legally nicking all the money.
Nissan, Toyota, Mini, all successful because their owners planned long term and strategically. The UK and the US are in the ■■■■ because our culture is one of the next 3 months. Unless we can wean business off “the next quarter” mentality it won’t matter what kind of Brexit we have the people who run the country (not politicians) will ■■■■ it up for most of the rest of us anyway.
They, obviously, will still increase their wealth.

Munchkin:
Whilst I agree with the sentiments of rebuilding our industrial base and standing alone like a shining beacon in a sea of foreign beaurocracy I’m sorry to say it’s just that, sentiment.
I remember when we were encouraged to buy British cars, Leyland especially. The cats were [zb], underdeveloped and the build quality was beyond a joke. You’d think any workforce fighting for it’s survival might’ve taken care to ensure at least the quality was there? Then there were the Rover group years where the senior management ensured failure by legally nicking all the money.
Nissan, Toyota, Mini, all successful because their owners planned long term and strategically. The UK and the US are in the [zb] because our culture is one of the next 3 months. Unless we can wean business off “the next quarter” mentality it won’t matter what kind of Brexit we have the people who run the country (not politicians) will [zb] it up for most of the rest of us anyway.
They, obviously, will still increase their wealth.

You seem to have missed the points that:

1. We’ve voted to Leave not Remain.

2. All the downsides of remaining,in the form of paying a fortune in net contributions which we can’t afford,and being ruled by an unelected foreign dictatorship,for the privilege of an unsustainable trade deficit,outweighs any possible argument to go on with the status quo.

As for British cars no not build quality.More like a deliberate policy of handicapping our products at the design stage.In addition to traitorous propaganda which made out that a BMW was better than a Jag for example.In addition to transfer of domestic production of GM/Ford/Chrysler products to Europe.All part of the post war stitch up which made sure that Germany at least was always going to be top dog in Europe for geopolitical reasons.Those being mostly US foreign policy and making sure that America was going to get the money back which it had ploughed into European,mostly German,industry. :unamused:

Oh, I’m fully aware we* voted to leave. The reduced weight of my wallet has reminded me for the last 16 months.

Yawn.

Munchkin:
Oh, I’m fully aware we* voted to leave. The reduced weight of my wallet has reminded me for the last 16 months.

Do you mean the artificial reduction in the value of the pound caused by the same bankers who want to over turn the decision.Or the fact that wages aren’t keeping up with prices because of an over supplied labour market and the situation of Brit jobs for foreign workers in the form of EU free movement rules and our trade deficit.In addition to the austerity caused by UK taxes going into the EU budget to be spent there and paying for the national debt created by that trade deficit.

BA is owned by IAG, International Airlines Group, a holding company set up when BA took over (or merged with depending on your viewpoint) Spanish airline & flag carrier Iberia. London headquartered IAG now owns several airlines.

Just thought I’d correct that one ‘fact’ out of the sea of balls you posted

switchlogic:
BA is owned by IAG, International Airlines Group, a holding company set up when BA took over (or merged with depending on your viewpoint) Spanish airline & flag carrier Iberia. London headquartered IAG now owns several airlines.

Oh wait.

‘‘By 2012 it was reported that British Airways profits had been wiped out by Iberia losses,placing he Spanish airline in a fight for its survival.By 2013 Iberia had lost 1 billion Euros leaving Willie Walsh to defend the merger.In May of the same year Iberia had suffered further losses and IAG’s balance sheet was in deep deficit’’.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/internati … al_results

Nothing new there then.Like our net EU contributions.Cash made from the efforts of Brit workers and industry thrown away on propping up failing EU basket case economies so that the Germans can keep more of theirs.So not exactly a ringing endorsement of maintaining our trading relationship with the parasitic EU and therefore a spectacular own goal by the OP and the rest of the remainers.Not to mention Willie Walsh’s predictable support for remaining in the EU.

As opposed to pulling up the drawbridge and keeping money earn’t here invested here and not throw it down the drain by investing it in the EU,at the expense of Brit workers. :unamused:

CF, I think you’ll find currency trading is international and that UK bankers have a very limited influence on it. So, no.
IIRC we’ve paid into the EU, EEC, Common market for over 40 yrs during which most people have become wealthier or at least felt wealthier. So, no.
As an indigenous population, whatever that means, wherever you set your time clock, we’re not reproducing fast enough to replace ourselves. This leads to a stagnating economy full of older people costing the fewer taxpaying workers more. Japan are now in this scenario having had a fairly restrictive immigration policy. Rapidly expanding national debt and downrated credit. Why do you think Japanese companies expand abroad so much? So, no.
As an aside where is the default time clock set for native UK citizens? Do post war Poles and Italians count? Do Indian and Carribbean workers brought in to drive buses and work in factories because of worker shortages count? Do we draw the line when heavy industry nearly died out in the '80s? Anyone who can’t trace their ancestry back pre Norman Conquest?

Holiday cost more as did spending whilst there. Food costs are rising. Also my job is more precarious.
OK!

Munchkin:
CF, I think you’ll find currency trading is international and that UK bankers have a very limited influence on it. So, no.
IIRC we’ve paid into the EU, EEC, Common market for over 40 yrs during which most people have become wealthier or at least felt wealthier. So, no.
As an indigenous population, whatever that means, wherever you set your time clock, we’re not reproducing fast enough to replace ourselves. This leads to a stagnating economy full of older people costing the fewer taxpaying workers more. Japan are now in this scenario having had a fairly restrictive immigration policy. Rapidly expanding national debt and downrated credit. Why do you think Japanese companies expand abroad so much? So, no.
As an aside where is the default time clock set for native UK citizens? Do post war Poles and Italians count? Do Indian and Carribbean workers brought in to drive buses and work in factories because of worker shortages count? Do we draw the line when heavy industry nearly died out in the '80s? Anyone who can’t trace their ancestry back pre Norman Conquest?

If we aren’t reproducing fast enough then the exstablishment obviously wouldn’t be telling indigenous young women that having children and raising a family is bad and to concentrate on ‘further education’ and their ‘career’ instead.When the fact is low wages,caused by the resulting over supplied labour market and ze Germans thinking they have the god given right to be top dog etc etc,actually mean that they couldn’t even afford the cost of raising them even if they did want to stay at home and be housewives and let the father do his job of earning enough money to keep the family.

While with a population at record levels approaching 80 million on this tiny Island how many bleedin people do you want here.Also are you saying that all the immigrants will be sent home when they reach retirement age or need health care or social provision benefits themselves.

No the truth is we pay firstly in jobs as part of the trade deficit to keep Germany rich and to prop up East Euro for political reasons.Then again in the form of taxation to pay for our net contributions to prop up the EU basket case economies.Also to take the burden off of Germany and subsidise German exports to those countries at our expense.Then we import cheap East Euro labour which over supplies the labour market regarding what jobs we’ve got left thereby putting downward pressure on wages and the need for in work benefits.Which then ironically get sent home to Poland etc to prop up their own zb social security system.

That’s why the international establishment wants to keep us in because they know the effect that us leaving will have on keeping Germany rich and East Euro onside v Russia.Not to mention that the global elite is based on dictatorial expansionist/Federal governments whether it be China or US and they don’t want to see secession succeed in Europe as part of that.Which explains that same international establishment hitting the pound to stop us leaving.On that note remind us of the nationality of the head of the bank of England and his feelings regarding Brexit.

As for us supposedly being ‘wealthier’ since joining the Federal scam and foreign aid rip off.Don’t remember young people moaning about low incomes and lack of job opportunities in 1972.As opposed to 1975 onwards to date.While just about any accepted financial marker figures you care to mention prove that we were better off in 1960’s-72 than since 1973 to date.Despite us having to pay off the costs of the massive war losses caused by the bleedin Germans.This anti Brit bs really is tiresome and it’s time for us now to do what’s in our interests and ours alone and zb Germany and its EU 4th Reich.

As for who is British and who isn’t for the purposes of Brexit.Ending EU free movement,to apply retrospectively from the date of the referendum will do fine.As for transport are you seriously suggesting that the present situation,of Brit jobs for East Euro workers,let alone removal of what cabotage restrictions we have,is supposedly good for us.You’re avin a larf. :unamused:

“As for transport are you seriously suggesting that the present situation,of Brit jobs for East Euro workers,let alone removal of what cabotage restrictions we have,is supposedly good for us.”

I didn’t say that.
Refer to post#13 for what I did say.

The biggest reason why people voted out I think was the overwhelming immigration figures and the fact that the UK bowed lower than every other country.
Greece having vast loans out of the money pot as did Italy France and oh yes Germany because they couldn’t balance the books.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Oh wait.

‘‘By 2012 it was reported that British Airways profits had been wiped out by Iberia losses,placing he Spanish airline in a fight for its survival.By 2013 Iberia had lost 1 billion Euros leaving Willie Walsh to defend the merger.In May of the same year Iberia had suffered further losses and IAG’s balance sheet was in deep deficit’’.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/internati … al_results

Nothing new there then.Like our net EU contributions.Cash made from the efforts of Brit workers and industry thrown away on propping up failing EU basket case economies so that the Germans can keep more of theirs.So not exactly a ringing endorsement of maintaining our trading relationship with the parasitic EU and therefore a spectacular own goal by the OP and the rest of the remainers.Not to mention Willie Walsh’s predictable support for remaining in the EU.

As opposed to pulling up the drawbridge and keeping money earn’t here invested here and not throw it down the drain by investing it in the EU,at the expense of Brit workers. :unamused:

Oh wait.

hl.co.uk/shares/share-resear … nues-climb

(And my link isn’t 5 months old let alone 5 years old :wink: )

I think the link that Luke posted is more accurate based purely on the fact it isnt pulled from wikipedia

The-Snowman:
I think the link that Luke posted is more accurate based purely on the fact it isnt pulled from wikipedia

No it just proves that the fuel tax breaks,enjoyed by the air transport industry and as part of that the EU’s obviously selectively applied immunity from the global warmist agenda when it suits it,can predictably offset Iberia’s probable ongoing losses.With the help of the ongoing draining of BA’s funds.Also,unlike the previous figures,those provided in Luke’s example conveniently no longer seem to show the respective seperate accounts of BA v Iberia within the group for ‘some’ reason.Nor can any figures now seem to be easy to find from any source in that regard. :unamused:

telegraph.co.uk/finance/news … dmits.html

cnbc.com/2017/08/17/reuters- … -jobs.html

Carryfast:

The-Snowman:

No it just proves that the fuel tax breaks,enjoyed by the air transport industry and as part of that the EU’s obviously selectively applied immunity from the global warmist agenda when it suits it,can predictably offset Iberia’s probable ongoing losses.With the help of the ongoing draining of BA’s funds.Also,unlike the previous figures,those provided in Luke’s example conveniently no longer seem to show the respective seperate accounts of BA v Iberia within the group for ‘some’ reason.Nor can any figures now seem to be easy to find from any source in that regard. :unamused:

telegraph.co.uk/finance/news … dmits.html

cnbc.com/2017/08/17/reuters- … -jobs.html

You didn’t look very hard then…

google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe … html%3famp