Hurricane Irma

Good luck to you boys n girls trying to make it home or your delivery . Just remember us going over Shap …

Dont suppose your gonna get much response to your post of humour…many people have been killed, and many more will die once the hurricane hits…they should all have been evacuated, but there was not enough time, my thoughts and prayers go out to them, they must be terrified.

I don’t live there and find it difficult to care.

A.

truckyboy:
my thoughts and prayers go out to them,

Don’t worry, they got this…

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe the Nepalese should have tried this tactic to ward off the earthquakes that flattened the homeland of the Gurkha’s killing 9000.

How anybody can find humour at such devistation is really beyond words. Lets just hope your just deserts is served warm with extra’s.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

midlands-lad:
How anybody can find humour at such devistation is really beyond words. Lets just hope your just deserts is served warm with extra’s.

Mine were.

Warm apple pie with extra custard.

A.

midlands-lad:

It’s human nature to laugh in the face of adversity, it’s peoples way of saying “[zb] you you’ll not beat me!” Well at lest it was until the birth of the internet and social media and the lefty libtard ‘offended by everything’ brigade came into being… Go soapbox somewhere else eh.

truckyboy:
Dont suppose your gonna get much response to your post of humour…many people have been killed, and many more will die once the hurricane hits…they should all have been evacuated, but there was not enough time, my thoughts and prayers go out to them, they must be terrified.

why do you think it is humour ?
he actually raises a very serious point. There will be more (probably considerably more) people die on britains roads in weather related accidents anually than there will be by this hurricane. And unless those who die on UK roads are causing a nuisance to others by closing the roads we will probably never hear about it.

It’s odd isn’t it that road deaths are largely just ignored. If 1,000 people die in an earthquake then it becomes global news for weeks on end with charities raising money to help the victims. Meanwhile globally 1.3 million are dying on the roads every year (that is 3,500 every single day) We never hear about it.

Reef:

midlands-lad:

It’s human nature to laugh in the face of adversity, it’s peoples way of saying “[zb] you you’ll not beat me!” Well at lest it was until the birth of the internet and social media and the lefty libtard ‘offended by everything’ brigade came into being… Go soapbox somewhere else eh.

+1

Grumpy Dad:
Maybe the Nepalese should have tried this tactic to ward off the earthquakes that flattened the homeland of the Gurkha’s killing 9000.

They say god helps those who help themselves.A lot more lives could be saved if they used heavily built,high rise,concrete buildings in hurricane and tornado zones and lightweight shacks and mobile home parks etc in earthquake zones.Instead of vice versa. :bulb:

Victa1:
Good luck to you boys n girls trying to make it home or your delivery . Just remember us going over Shap …

When the darkness comes your last thoughts will be regret for your actions in life.
Finding humour in others suffering is easy but in the end your demise will be no less painful than anyone elses.

Dipper_Dave:

Victa1:

When the darkness comes your last thoughts will be regret for your actions in life.
Finding humour in others suffering is easy but in the end your demise will be no less painful than anyone elses.

Deep !

chloelovesfur:

Dipper_Dave:

Victa1:

Deep !

Never say that to Dipper !!

Franglais:

chloelovesfur:

Dipper_Dave:

Victa1:

Deep !

Never say that to Dipper !!

Lol, I’m sure it carnt hurt ! :grimacing:

I honestly don’t know where half this stuff comes from, my meds must be off.

Perhaps this thread triggered a troll response or just maybe food for thought that in the end we all suffer the same fate.

Poking fun at peoples suffering regardless of whether or not you know them makes no difference. Shows what kind of a person you are towards others. Nothing big or clever about it and certainly not funny, sick and weird springs to mind.

UKtramp:
Poking fun at peoples suffering regardless of whether or not you know them makes no difference. Shows what kind of a person you are towards others. Nothing big or clever about it and certainly not funny, sick and weird springs to mind.

To laugh in the face of one’s own adversity is courageous, to laugh at the adversities of others is cowardly.

UKtramp:

where did the OP poke fun at other people dying ?

At this moment in time the media seem to be reporting 3 deaths in florida as a result of the hurricane. In the next 6 months how many lorry drivers will die on high level routes in the UK (Shap, Slochd, Drumochter, A66 Trans Pennine etc) due to weather related accidents ?

Don’t let the likes of the BBC dictate how you should think.

Since the OP (4 hours ago); worldwide there has probably been 20 or 30 lorry drivers have lost there lives, but the BBC are not reporting this, so do they not matter ?

And why o’ why have the BBC sent a weather reporter + crew out to Miami to stand on a street and report ‘oh look how wet and windy it is’ ? What bit about air travel, global warming and intensification of such storms do the BBC not yet understand ?

Carryfast:

Grumpy Dad:

They say god helps those who help themselves.A lot more lives could be saved if they used heavily built,high rise,concrete buildings in hurricane and tornado zones and lightweight shacks and mobile home parks etc in earthquake zones.Instead of vice versa. :bulb:

Something ive always thought…most likely just purely down to cost. Theres so many who cant even afford home insurance…