Maccy Ds

This new system that McDonalds have adapted whereby you give your order, pay, and it goes into a queue system where you watch your number come up is totally crap, the service is shocking.

(I aint some lard arse btw who lives on burgers :laughing: , all I ever use McDs for is, that I like their latte, and that is all I get)

The old system was, you ordered, got your coffee, got served, paid, and away you went.
Now you get a ticket with a number on, and have to wait in a queue for ages while they serve everybody else with a load of Big Macs or whatever, not ideal when you need to get away.

I’ve heard a lot complain in many different branches, has anybody else noticed?
btw…I know this is trivial and not life and death, but I’m just curious if anybody else gets a bit ■■■■■■ with this.

No never eat the zb ,kfc system much better pay debit card jump the que :sunglasses:

I have and yes as you say it’s pathetic,everything now is cooked to order hence the ridiculous waiting times…so much for fast food :unamused:
I got told to park in the bays when I ordered 2 coffees last week told them I’d wait at the window as it’d be quicker they soon got the drinks to me :smiley:

Two 10p price rises of large Lattes too, was £1.99 about a year ago and now its £2.19, and whilst like you Robroy i only use Maccy’s for a Latte now and again, it isn’t as good as either Gregg’s or Subway’s versions.

The new system doesn’t bother me too much, if i go to get one and there’s a bloody great queue milling round with umpteen Mcbodies standing around doing bugger all useful whilst they only have two on the counter then i can’t be arsed waiting.

If i want a latte i usually try to get to a Subway or Greggs before 11am and take advantage of the breakfast deal, at Monmouth for example £2.30 gets you a poached egg bacon and cheese sub and the latte…though cos i don’t want to get any fatter i make sure not to bring a pack up the days i’m headed that way :laughing:

I to dislike this self order system.

I’m not a big Maccy eater myself but I do like a morning muffin as a treat, so does the wife…

Tried the pre order touchscreen booth the other day and although I was concerned about germs from all the previous scutters deceided they can’t be any worse than what’s on the end of my fingers and cracked on.

Here we go I thought a nice picture of a juicy double sausage and egg mcmuffin, that’s the baby so fingered it as my selection then proceeded to make payment.

Order complete I removed the ticket, clocked my number ‘15’ and moved away from the booth to a sort of queuing area, well it’s not really a queuing area as such more just folk hovering around the counter trying not to look or talk to each other.

Anyway checking the screen I could see my order ‘15’ was in the prepare side moving it’s way up until it moved over to the collect side and I could remove myself from this awkward social situation and grab my tasty muffin.

Well 12, 13, 14, all got collected and here we go I thought I’m next the excitement was almost killing me and as you can guess the next number to move over to the collect side was forkin 16. WTF I thought staring at my now stranded ‘15’ stuck in the prepare side like a lost puppy.
There it stayed, 17/18/19/20 came past and by this point I’m getting worried and have checked my ticket 10 times to confirm ‘15’ is my magic number. OMG I thought I’m either going to have to leave and abandon my poor ‘15’ or embark on a mission to the manned till and enquire what disaster has fell on my lost muffin.

So queuing up for the till, sods law is I get stuck behind a family of 5 who are taking faffing at food ordering to a whole new level.
Anyway eventually I get to the counter and explain about my stranded order, this is met by some confusion at first but seeing my stranded number and bearing in mind the collection screen was now up to ‘47’ the lady in her wisdom deceided my order had been ‘lost in the system’.

Not wanting to dispute this undeniable logic I accepted a fresh muffin and an apology from the lady who to be fair was very nice and I’m sure she realised that one day these touchscreens would nick her job anyway.

Sorry to be odd one out, but I love the new system. In the services that I stop in, I can place my order, get my ticket, then pop off to the toilets to wash up & when I get back to the counter it’s either just getting called or it gets called just as I’ve got my straw & napkins.
Have also noticed that ordering ■■■■ ups have reduced since the new system. I’m not fussy, but the wife & kids always want no lettuce or no mustard etc & the counter staff rarely got it right, but when using the customization options on the screen it usually comes back spot on.

waue1978:
Sorry to be odd one out, but I love the new system. In the services that I stop in, I can place my order, get my ticket, then pop off to the toilets to wash up & when I get back to the counter it’s either just getting called or it gets called just as I’ve got my straw & napkins.
Have also noticed that ordering ■■■■ ups have reduced since the new system. I’m not fussy, but the wife & kids always want no lettuce or no mustard etc & the counter staff rarely got it right, but when using the customization options on the screen it usually comes back spot on.

Ok, but as I said I just get a latte, I don’t want to wait for it for the time it takes as you say, to walk to the khazi, do the business, wash my hands, walk back and re.introduce myself …asking where my coffee is.

I don’t suppose Maccys will either notice or give a toss, but I find myself visiting them less and just microwaving my own milk (leave it dipper :smiley: ) more and more these days.

I find that if I order the odd Cappuccino at the till, and engage with the till operator in a friendly manner, they tend to go and get my coffee direct, instead of me having to wait with the plebs.

the nodding donkey:
I find that if I order the odd Cappuccino at the till, and engage with the till operator in a friendly manner, they tend to go and get my coffee direct, instead of me having to wait with the plebs.

That doesn’t work for me if there are half a dozen more plebs behind me waiting to be served…or maybe you’re even more charming than me, which I doubt. :laughing:

Feels like your in Argos sometimes and it makes you wonder if you walked in to the right store.

I like the Argos system, especially if eating in. It’s sort of a proper restaurant now with the table service. Main gripes are people who can’t decide what to have until the very front of the queue. It’s normally two middle aged women who only order coffee, who you can tell never normally go to McD’s.