Why am I so great?

Well actually I don’t really think that I am so great but this should provoke a decent debate off. As a lorry driver, can your job satisfy your aspirations. Does a new truck or a certain make of truck make you feel better. Is the make of truck an actual influence on taking a lower paid job? Interested to hear from any sensible answers to any of these questions. Should you have a higher opinion of yourself in order to achieve a better job or higher pay.

UKtramp:
Well actually I don’t really think that I am so great but this should provoke a decent debate off. As a lorry driver, can your job satisfy your aspirations. Does a new truck or a certain make of truck make you feel better. Is the make of truck an actual influence on taking a lower paid job? Interested to hear from any sensible answers to any of these questions. Should you have a higher opinion of yourself in order to achieve a better job or higher pay.

At least we both agree on one thing then …

Anything good on the telly tonight? Been thinking about catching up on Game of Thrones (I’ve only got as far as the end of season 3 I think atm) but I dunno just sick of the ‘overhype’ attached to it, really enjoying Season 3 of Narco’s though, anyone else watching that?

raymundo:
At least we both agree on one thing then …

I am genuinely interested on any answers to any of the questions I posted from posters who have an opinion. I will say this here and now, I already know what the majority of answers will be from the ordinary folk as only the decent posters will be honest and interesting to read.

UKtramp:

Big man seriously I think you need to get your hole !!!

What no one has any opinion on TV shows? That’s surprising, I had many here pegged for lovers of a good Drama series.

images-26.jpg

UKtramp:

It’s a very easy and generally an interesting way to make a living. Beats the hell out of sitting in front of a computer - which I have to do far too much of.

IMO everyone should have aspirations… unfortunately many are beaten due to lack of imagination. See 1 post above.

Jingle Jon:
It’s a very easy and generally an interesting way to make a living. Beats the hell out of sitting in front of a computer - which I have to do far too much of.

IMO everyone should have aspirations… unfortunately many are beaten due to lack of imagination. See 1 post above.

And here is the first sensible poster. Appreciate the answer JJ. I agree a lack of imagination but also perhaps a fear of rejection or failure?

UKtramp:

Jingle Jon:

And here is the first sensible poster. Appreciate the answer JJ. I agree a lack of imagination but also perhaps a fear of rejection or failure?

As they say… It takes all kinds to make the world go around…

For a lot of people, they’d love to take the leap - but for many, they worry about what will happen if it all goes ping.

I take the view that holding a Class 1, gives me a safety net and has always allowed me the ability to leap.

I’m also very fortunate - I married a very smart woman and she earns well too… keeps the wolves away etc… I was self employed when we met and she was at Uni… about a million years ago now… :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t want to look back and wonder: What if…

Reef:
Anything good on the telly tonight? Been thinking about catching up on Game of Thrones (I’ve only got as far as the end of season 3 I think atm) but I dunno just sick of the ‘overhype’ attached to it, really enjoying Season 3 of Narco’s though, anyone else watching that?

I had never
heard of Narcos…just googled it and it looks good…going to give it a go…thanks for the tip

Never got into ‘Game of Thrones’ Reef , but then I’m not a telly watcher apart from the odd documetary or historical film. I prefer reading over watching, now a good book is something to get lost in !

Heisenberrg:

Reef:

I had never
heard of Narcos…just googled it and it looks good…going to give it a go…thanks for the tip

Narcos is brilliant, not started third season yet. In a similar vein El Chapo is good too. Not as good but good all the same. Also if you like weird American Gods on Amazon Prime is ridiculously brilliant.

To answer the OP- I’ve a fairly low opinion of myself yet for some reason I keep being given flash lorries to drive. :wink: If I was someone else observing me I’d probably think I’m a Muppet.

switchlogic:
To answer the OP- I’ve a fairly low opinion of myself yet for some reason I keep being given flash lorries to drive. :wink: If I was someone else observing me I’d probably think I’m a Muppet.

Interesting concept though, I wonder how many people are driving flashy trucks who have a low opinion of themselves. I have a very high opinion of myself and yet I drive a Renault Premium… :open_mouth:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

Interesting concept though, I wonder how many people are driving flashy trucks who have a low opinion of themselves. I have a very high opinion of myself and yet I drive a Renault Premium… :open_mouth:

In my experience drivers of flash trucks are either like me or the opposite and their ego goes through the roof the moment they get a truck thats powerful/flash. Alas the majority fall into the latter category, it makes them think they are something special, which they aren’t, we can all be replaced in a heartbeat

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

In my experience drivers of flash trucks are either like me or the opposite and their ego goes through the roof the moment they get a truck thats powerful/flash. Alas the majority fall into the latter category, it makes them think they are something special, which they aren’t, we can all be replaced in a heartbeat

Can I . . . Dare I ask the question Luke?

Why are your sock puppets conversing amongst themselve’s?

UKtramp:
Does a new truck or a certain make of truck make you feel better.

Well dare I say the Brand New 17 plate Scania that is on loan to the company makes me feel better…

and what exactly…its the additional lights on the top of the grill just under the windscreen.

Hit the beam lights and switch on the extra one and by God you have daylight on a dark night. :smiley:

Appart from everything else it only drives at 56 mph…all the light switches are on the door card so when it chucks it down will prove how waterproof they are!!

Dork Lard:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

Can I . . . Dare I ask the question Luke?

Why are your sock puppets conversing amongst themselve’s?

I don’t have any sock puppets and I have no idea who UK Tramp is. Or indeed who most of you are. I’m quite rare in actually putting my own face to my own opinions, radical eh?

boltonboy:
…its the additional lights on the top of the grill just under the windscreen.

Hit the beam lights and switch on the extra one and by God you have daylight on a dark night. :smiley:

That’s very impressive.

boltonboy:
…all the light switches are on the door card so when it chucks it down will prove how waterproof they are!!

That’s not so impressive.