Car advice sort

What should I do ? 2 months back a tractor reversed a dump trailer up the bonnet of my parked car it was very close to write off ,it got mended ,today some Zb in a pile of junk modified disco thing reverses straight back in to again ,this time £2200 for bits not inc labour and paint ect ,should I get paid out buy it back and mend it ? Or beg for it not to written off ? Or just let it go ? It’s done 90,000 miles,pic of damage to follow .

its wrote off prob as a cat d this time…if you buy it back,the logbok will come back as a cat d and itl not be as easy to sell on again as itl be on the vcar register by then…let them keep it and walk away assuming they pay out decent,or take the payout minus the salvage.

The Radiator,air con rad,bonnet,bonnet catch,bumper,grill ,slam panel ,£2191 inc vat ,without paint and labour and the unseen .

They abolished VIC in 2015, also DVLA are not informed of a Cat D…

If your car has been written off as a Category D case, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) will not be informed of the situation, and the car will not be subject to a Vehicle Information Check.

rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know … write-off/

Mine was a Cat D write off after a transit decided his left turn only lane was perfectly usable as a straight ahead lane, but this was a couple of years before the VIC was abolished so I had to pay out for that at the time, all I had to do to fix my car was replace the rear N/S door (which I purchased from an online breakers and luckily it was even the same colour) and it was like brand new again!

The Mrs loves this car .

Punchy Dan:
The Mrs loves this car .

There’s your answer then, if it pleases the good lady it has to be fixed.

No decent local car breaker’s yards Dan with decent stuff in.
Or someone breaking a one on Ebay.
Will be a fraction of new price.

robroy:

If I do a deal it will be the way for the panels ,it’s that air con rad that’s £400’odd !

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

If I do a deal it will be the way for the panels ,it’s that air con rad that’s £400’odd !

Just leave the air-con until one crops up cheap on ebay, you’re not gonna want it for at least 8 months now.