Dent on my Leaf

martinviking:

lancpudn:

martinviking:
Cheers Simcor, think I’ll try a mobile repair for a quote, don’t want to trust the dealer as they’ll probably charge £500 just to look at it.
I’ve tried the boiling water trick but it hasn’t worked & the paint has got a tiny chip in it, so it is noticeable.

I’ve often wondered what gets defined as wear & tear on a lease contract, do they inspect it with a magnifying glass when you take it back just to gouge some more dosh out of you!

Speaking of the Leaf I think that will be my next car, How did you get on with it! Since I’m retired now I have no commute or rarely do more than 80/100 miles a week these days. I think one of those Nissan Leaf BEV’s will be right up my street.

The new 2018 Leaf will be hitting the showrooms next Spring & I should imagine there will be a lot of ex lease Gen 1 Leafs to choose from.

We love it, cost about £3 to charge up for around 80 miles, I can get 2 commutes of 36 miles out of a charge, when I don’t use my Bike. We had £10,000 of incentives when we leased it on a PCP Contract, goes back in Feb 2019 with about 15,000 miles on the clock & hopefully nothing else to pay, or o could buy it for about £10k.
You just need to get a charge unit on the garage/drive (discounts are available) the batteries are the only concern, but you see plenty of 1st Gen Leafs about, still going strong.

Thanks for the reply, I can see the attraction of those running costs, I don’t think we would even do 80 miles in a week, A Leaf would suit our driving needs perfectly nowadays, I have an old Rover 75 & if I can get it on a cheap limited miles classic insurance policy I might just keep it. I’ve already downloaded ‘leafspy pro’ (£10) to my smart phone & got an OBDII connector (£8) to plug into a leafs diagnostic socket to read it’s history when the time comes to go & look at some, I’ve been researching how to do it for six months so I shall be picking the Leaf with the best battery condition and to make sure there are no nasty surprises. :smiley: