Vintage army vehicle

Anybody an expert on old army vehicles?
I followed this old armoured car the other day, Bristol area, I never got a look at the front to photo it.
Just curious to know what it was, nationality, and what era it was from.

Anybody?

I’m no expert but I think it maybe one of thesehttps://tanks-alot.co.uk/product/ferret-armoured-car/

It does look similar mate…Thanks for that.
I did think it looked like something out of the 60s, but it was purely a guess.

It’s the rear of a Ferret 100%.
Spent many hours driving round the ranges in Germany in one of these in the 70s.

Odd. No licence plate nor any tactical markings.

the nodding donkey:
Odd. No licence plate nor any tactical markings.

Probably someone’s pet restoration project that they couldn’t resist taking for a quick spin. That grille looks very similar to a Saracen armoured car, but I never saw one of them with a turret though.

the maoster:
That grille looks very similar to a Saracen armoured car, but I never saw one of them with a turret though.

We had a couple of Sarecens, most memorable was the one that the medics used to ride round Belfast in with a big sign saying “Daktari” bolted to the roof.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

the maoster:
That grille looks very similar to a Saracen armoured car, but I never saw one of them with a turret though.

We had a couple of Sarecens, most memorable was the one that the medics used to ride round Belfast in with a big sign saying “Daktari” bolted to the roof.

Did you ever use that water drip thingy that dripped water onto the chassis and electrified the outside of the vehicle? I never drove one for long enough but I’m told that parking outside Division flats for 10 minutes to let the little scrotes climb all over it before electrifying the outside was spectacular! :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

the maoster:

Did you ever use that water drip thingy that dripped water onto the chassis and electrified the outside of the vehicle? I never drove one for long enough but I’m told that parking outside Division flats for 10 minutes to let the little scrotes climb all over it before electrifying the outside was spectacular! :smiley: :smiley:

We were always tasked with the city centre, one of the other battery’s did Divis flats, the only time I went near there was in a pig on the way to the airport for my R&R.

We didn’t have the luxury of armour plating, we had the bog standard macralon in slipper city. (Lisburn) :wink:

Yeah that’s 'cos nowt happened there Boss. It was like doing a tour of Surrey, but with funny accents! :wink:

This isn’t a Saracen, it’s a Humber 1 tonne Pig. One tonne Brakes and chassis with 9 tonne of armour piled on top of it. I’m the handsome devil on the far left :wink:

Edit to add; there actually is a Saracen under the pile of bodies that I’ve just noticed.

the maoster:
Yeah that’s 'cos nowt happened there Boss. It was like doing a tour of Surrey, but with funny accents! :wink:

Just as well I finished my tour on weapons intelligence in South Armagh to make it a bit more interesting. :wink:

Turret looks weird for a ferret ?

Is it the back end of a Daimler Dingo armoured car?

Fat Controller:
Is it the back end of a Daimler Dingo armoured car?

That’s what I ‘think’ it is !

I reckon what we have here is a Humber Reconnaissance 4x4 dating back to the 1940’s. Turret would be armed with heavy machine gun(s) maybe a Vicker’s Bren?

paulycats:
I reckon what we have here is a Humber Reconnaissance 4x4 dating back to the 1940’s. Turret would be armed with heavy machine gun(s) maybe a Vicker’s Bren?

Like F/C said i reckon its a Dingo. Dont know if its thars the same thing.

Yes looks that way. Reminds me of the fox. Had some (cold) fun times in them :grimacing: