[Split from] Self-employed HELP!

Jingle Jon:
Most of the advice you are being offered here is good advice. Ignore Rob… he’s a gopping, bald ■■■■ having a mid-life spectacle crisis and believes he’s a mafia Don.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
To o/p… yeh that’s right ignore me and listen to this guy.
I won’t chuck insulting opinions on him, and sink to his child like level :smiley: …but just read some of his previous posts…they speak for themseves and will tell you all you need to know. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Jingle Jon:
Most of the advice you are being offered here is good advice. Ignore Rob… he’s a gopping, bald ■■■■ having a mid-life spectacle crisis and believes he’s a mafia Don.

I won’t chuck insulting opinions on him, and sink to his child like level :smiley: …but just read some of his previous posts…they speak for themseves and will tell you all you need to know. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob, you constantly abuse and make threats and false accusations… funny thing is I find you very amusing… I have a picture of Victor Meldrew in my mind… and laughed my ■■■■ off when you said what you’d do to another branch manager if he spoke to you bla bla bla etc… I’d put good money on you being all wind and ■■■■. ■■■

Jingle Jon:

robroy:

Jingle Jon:

Rob, you constantly abuse and make threats and false accusations… funny thing is I find you very amusing… I have a picture of Victor Meldrew in my mind… and laughed my ■■■■ off when you said what you’d do to another branch manager if he spoke to you bla bla bla etc… I’d put good money on you being all wind and ■■■■. ■■■

Mate… :laughing: You have got serious issues. :neutral_face: :smiley:
I’ve just sussed you out, you came on here before saying I had made threats towards you, and you’re at it again. :open_mouth:

You either live in your own little world, have a persecution complex, or both…and.what false accusations, and branch manager are you slavering about? :laughing:
Btw…Please don’t answer, it was a rhetorical question, I aint really interested, and I don’t need any more of your drivel tbh. But hey! …thanks for taking the trouble to follow me so much on here, I’m flattered.

So…if you know me fair enough, you are entitled to your opinions on my personality and character.
If you don’t stop making yourself look pathetically stupid…this is a computer based forum mate ffs, …not real life, chill out . :bulb:
Off to bed, so…night now. :wink:

Jingle Jon:
and on the personal insult… that’s just immature bs! Get a grip.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Yeh?..Seriously Jon? :open_mouth:
A classic case of…

CALLING

download.jpg

Hey Del Trotter, check out my new signature…I love it :laughing:

Sorry guys, I’m ALMOST getting as childish as him. :blush: :blush: :wink:
He also said I remind him of Victor Meldrew, but as for that last comment …‘‘I don’t believe it’’ :laughing:

Rob, you’re obviously a desperate attention seeker. But this thread isn’t about you. Could please foxtrot oscar somewhere else and leave the adults to discuss grown up matters.

Thanks
Jon

What does ’ gopping ’ mean? :confused:

eagerbeaver:

Military expression bud, as in "Jeez that girl you picked up last night was gopping " aka fugly.

Edited to change topping to gopping 'cos that made no sense whatsoever. :wink:

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

Military expression bud, as in “Jeez that girl you picked up last night was topping” aka fugly.

Yes… and can be used in a broad range of circumstances. Things have changed but words like gopping were often used by NCO’s to describe anyone that ■■■■■■ them off for whatever reason.

“Cease mincing around you gopping crap hat” was constantly barked at recruits… back in the day.

the maoster:

eagerbeaver:

Military expression bud, as in “Jeez that girl you picked up last night was topping” aka fugly.

So basically this chap is not only suggesting that Rob is follically challenged and a fool, he is also suggesting that Rob is unattractive?

No way.jpg

I know Beav, and I’m sat here in tears…I really thought he loved me. :cry:
:laughing:

Jingle Jon:
Could please foxtrot oscar somewhere else and leave the adults to discuss grown up matters.

What time do they arrive and what will you do when they do?

Meanwhile, great new signature Rob, you gopping bald ■■■■.

Geeez… Jilted John’s only be a TNUK member for less than a year, and he’s already telling senior members to foxtrot oscar :unamused:

Jingle Jon:

Big Truck:

Jingle Jon:
Big T,

You clearly have no understanding of how it works.

Company registration is done through Companies House… as the current rules stand there is no reason for his application being refused - unless he is struck off… given his questions… that’s very unlikely.

If he incorporates as a Ltd Company… as the company director - he is an employee of the company… he can register the company to pay PAYE… ‘to himself’. It’s all legal and no rules or guidelines to prevent this.

There is a huge difference between Ltd or Sole Trader / Self Employed.

That said, although financially he would be much better off as Ltd Co Director - there’s a lot more detail and he’s clearly not ready for it.

As for Conor, another example of nonsense. As he would be an employee of the company - the company would pay for his PPE etc, this can be deducted from profits and if he registers for VAT… he can claim that back too.

All a bit much for him to deal with right now and this can all be confirmed by the accountants he speaks with.

One thing is clear in this thread… the propensity for drivers who know sweet fa about a subject to spread rumours never diminishes.

I had my own artic tipper on road 10yrs ago so have a fair idea!!!

Your still ignoring the fact that Sole Trader or Ltd HMRC are “advocating/Advising/instructing” That either of the above cannot “chose” to go SE and drive a truck owned/operated by an employer rather than driver being employed via PAYE!!!

You still haven’t answered my previous question what is to stop a shop floor factory worker doing same thing!!!

Why instead of millions of agency workers in factories/farms/processors etc just opt Sole trader/Ltd and cut out the agency middleman■■?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I currently have three lorries, two vans, one pickup truck and I’m married to a chartered accountant… I know you’re wrong on the Ltd company issues and off the mark re SE. All that garb about factory workers etc is nonsense… I also own several properties that I rent out… by your measure you might aswell ask me why my tenants don’t buy their own houses… pointless analogy.

My wife confirms you are wrong… you’ll just have to accept that I’d much rather trust her qualified opinions over your opinions which appear to be backed up by either what you’ve heard… or what you’ve read on some obscure article.

FWIW, HMRC publish this information about Ltd Co etc on their website.

These issues you know naff all about are what my QUALIFIED wife advises business on every day.

It’s not the only thing she’s good at mate :wink:

Jingle Jon:

Honestscott76:
… it’s all perfectly legal and above board. Of course, HMRC would prefer PAYE but are powerless to change the law.

We got there in the end.

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell, this is actually written into the law of the land.

You are right that ‘some’ at HMRC would prefer this to change and there has been long winded, multi agency consultations running for several years now. As far as I can see from my observations… this has pretty much run its course and isn’t being progressed any further for now.

What the Government cannot get away from is that this situation involves many thousands of people across several lines of work.

There’s also the issue of choice. You may not want a job… you may not like having to be told when you must work etc. You might just prefer doing the odd bit of driving or gardening for that matter.

It may come as a surprise to some here, that HMRC use self employed Chartered Accountants on contracts to investigate companies on these very issues…

Hospitals could not operate if it was not for self employed consultants etc… the range of jobs is massive.

Where HMRC appear to have been particularly aggressive is where they have recieved compaints of worker exploitation or where there’s an obvious tax evasion issue - and good on them for that.

The OP, is an example that is quite different, he has been told by the truck owner that he will only take him on - on a self employed basis. Without doubt the truck owner is breaking the rules.

What I would advise is that he gets what he can from it and from the start either has no contract, or a contract that states he is not to suffer any financial loss if during any part of the agreed term of SE - if he (the OP) is forced to cease providing a self employed driver service - due to any reason beyond his control. He could indicate to the truck owner this might be such as illness or injury.
Then he could get the qualifications he need… then speak covertly and in confidence to HMRC about his predicament… HMRC will intervene and it’s game set and match. All the OP has to do is make sure he pays his dues at the appropriate times.

Much easier using a keyboard… :slight_smile: home sweet home.

Jingle Jon:
… are what my QUALIFIED wife advises business on every day.

eagerbeaver:
It’s not the only thing she’s good at mate :wink:

She said thanks for the compliment - she doesn’t remember you, so you must be very small and exceptionally disappointing.

I said, nahhh he’s just unwell and probably off his meds.

For someone who believes that he is very clever, it seems such a shame that you bit on the oldest hook in the game…

What a ■■■■!.jpg

eagerbeaver:
For someone who believes that he is very clever, it seems such a shame that you bit on the oldest hook in the game…

I’ve done a screen capture and reported you to the police for online abuse… enjoy.

Jingle Jon:

eagerbeaver:

I’ve done a screen capture and reported you to the police for online abuse… enjoy.

Frightened.jpg

Jingle Jon:

eagerbeaver:

Seriously? You had better report me as well then, because I think you’re an [zb] [zb] who ■■■■■ [zb] whilst your [zb] [zb] of a [zb] [zb] trumpet [zb] every [zb] person when you’re not [zb].

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

scottie0011:

Jingle Jon:

eagerbeaver:

Seriously? You had better report me as well then, because I think you’re an [zb] [zb] who ■■■■■ [zb] whilst your [zb] [zb] of a [zb] [zb] trumpet [zb] every [zb] person when you’re not [zb].

Just got a pm to look at this thread mate. :smiley:
Reckon you’ll get a yellow card for that level of abuse and personal attack.

Hey! I’m surprised nobody has thought of getting past that obstacle on here, by making a personal attack (and crossing the line of decency, not to mention being completely out of order) by insulting another member’s wife, in a foreign/European language, …but I don’t think anybody on here is THAT big a ■■■■…
Oh! Hang on a minute.

scottie0011:

Jingle Jon:

eagerbeaver:

FFS Scottie…just spilt my bloody cup of tea.

robroy:

scottie0011:

Jingle Jon:

eagerbeaver:

Just got a pm to look at this thread mate. :smiley:
Reckon you’ll get a yellow card for that level of abuse and personal attack.

Hey! I’m surprised nobody has thought of getting past that obstacle on here, by making a personal attack (and crossing the line of decency, not to mention being completely out of order) by insulting another member’s wife, in a foreign/European language, …but I don’t think anybody on here is THAT big a [zb]…
Oh! Hang on a minute.

I’ll be honest, I can’t remember what the [zb] I wrote I was drunk, but tbh I hate the holier than though attitude, we’re all lorry drivers at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what our spouses do for a living, we should all be sticking together, but hey ho that will never happen :cry: