Any one live in notts on here

I know it’s not truck related , but my girls looking to buy a house in best wood , Blackburn way , what is this area like :question: , it looks ok but I’m a bit baffled as the house she’s looking at is £115,000 ( but according to records was sold in 2004 for 123,995 ) .
I’d of thought over 13 yrs the price would of gone up , has the area gone down hill , only reason I can see for a reduction in price .
Ta

Bestwood had a tough reputation but some parts are ok. Do your homework and a really good recon lol

Blackburn way is not on the Bestwood estate, but is right next to it.
It was a new development built on an old school, there are a mixture of houses and flats. The houses are quite small, a lot of them are rented, probably as it is close to a hospital.

Ah next to where i work lol. Should be ok there ! Just a little remote for the shops.

I’ve got friends that live that way, house burglary and car theft is rife. They want to move, and this year alone one had his sparky kit nicked out his van on his drive and the other week my mates house robbed while he was in Spain to take his car. Cheeky ■■■■■■■ got both sets of keys and log book.
I live not far in basford its a lot nicer less crime and idiots. Local pub the fox on valley road nice place good food. The tavern up the road just been done up but caters for the residents of bestwood estate, I’ll say no more :laughing:

taxi ray:
Blackburn way is not on the Bestwood estate, but is right next to it.
It was a new development built on an old school, there are a mixture of houses and flats. The houses are quite small, a lot of them are rented, probably as it is close to a hospital.

Yea we could see it was small but as her first house it would be ok , being close to hospital is idea as she’s on about getting a job ( she’s a nurse ) at hospital , I’m just struggling with why it was 123ish in 2004 and 2017 it’s actually £110,000( I thought it was a bit more , normally house prices go up , ta though

chloelovesfur:
Bestwood had a tough reputation but some parts are ok. Do your homework and a really good recon lol

Yea me and Mrs are going to have a ride out and have a look round ,ta

OllieNotts:
I’ve got friends that live that way, house burglary and car theft is rife. They want to move, and this year alone one had his sparky kit nicked out his van on his drive and the other week my mates house robbed while he was in Spain to take his car. Cheeky [zb] got both sets of keys and log book.
I live not far in basford its a lot nicer less crime and idiots. Local pub the fox on valley road nice place good food. The tavern up the road just been done up but caters for the residents of bestwood estate, I’ll say no more :laughing:

Ta Ollie , even though small it did seem cheap , and the price going down over 17 years and not up had alarm bells ringing ,is there any reasonably priced decent areas nr the city hospital ( im assuming she’s on about that hospital )

Yeah basford where I live, my Mrs walks to the city hospital every day she works there. Sherwood is nice to that’s also walking distance.
I’d stay away from Edwards lane estate and bestwood estate.
It’s not always what you see on a drive though, the areas are normally worse at night.
Tell her to look around valley road and heathfield area they’re nice and quiet I’ve got friends all over there.

OllieNotts:
Yeah basford where I live, my Mrs walks to the city hospital every day she works there. Sherwood is nice to that’s also walking distance.
I’d stay away from Edwards lane estate and bestwood estate.
It’s not always what you see on a drive though, the areas are normally worse at night.
Tell her to look around valley road and heathfield area they’re nice and quiet I’ve got friends all over there.

Thanks Ollie