And I thought Friday's couldn't get any worse

Just wandered down from my sick bed to find the biscuit tin empty , just can’t face a cup tea without dipping a digestive , zb it I’m going back to bed
Anyhow how are you all getting on , please tell me your struggling like hell and won’t get home :wink: :laughing:
Had mate on phone last night and he’s got hoddesdon, Andover , ash ford and Chelmsford and then back to Boston , this week he’s just gone from tues- thurs to tues - fri , not zb sat , he doesn’t work sat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: lol , and apparently there’s nothing zb wrong with me , bitter or what :laughing: , anyway if you see a stressed out solstor driver on your travels put a arm round him / buy him a coffee and tell him dozy has gone to buy himself a new pair of boxers as his ■■■■■■ the previous pair
All the best and enjoy your night in a layby :laughing: :laughing: think I’ll set alarm for midday :laughing:

I might not get home tonight Dozy if that cheers you up, I’m starting 12 days off and will be having several if not more today so who knows where I’ll end up but not looking forward to the hang over tomorrow :frowning:

It might be 1am Saturday when I get in, but that’s the trouble with Wetherspoon’s closing at 12:30 and kicking us out :laughing:

bald bloke:
I might not get home tonight Dozy if that cheers you up, I’m starting 12 days off and will be having several if not more today so who knows where I’ll end up but not looking forward to the hang over tomorrow :frowning:

I too started 12 days off today, but I knew that I would be home last night, very rare to have a night out as a shunter.

May I recommend the current selection of Belgium beers at Lidl? The hangover is not too bad.

I’ve got 5 days off next week , currently eating lunch at Bulls bridge toscos and waiting for a phone call with a contact name for first drop
Then back to sunny Southampton

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

I too started 12 days off today, but I knew that I would be home last night, very rare to have a night out as a shunter.

May I recommend the current selection of Belgium beers at Lidl? The hangover is not too bad.

Moto go is good

bald bloke:

Had 7 days off and I can see at least another 14 off :wink: :smiley:

Currently chilling at home then in a bit off on my hols for 2 weeks.
Did have to do 2 nightout this week :imp: :smiling_imp:
Really bummer being put up in a nice hotel in Kirkby Lonsdale with decent food and a choice of premium lagers. :stuck_out_tongue:
All paid for by the company
On top of that only drove a lorry for 1 day this week :smiley:

Make the most of your Friday night at home, you don’t seem to get many.

Great to hear your all struggling :smiley: , I’m really enjoying myself , feet up watching Moto gp, I could get used to this being sick lark , cough , cough, got a cancellation at docs this afternoon , can’t see why he can’t just send the sick note through , cough , cough , anyway anyone seen my mate ( solstor ) , not answering his phone :laughing: :laughing: , I’m assuming it’s not going well :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:
Just wandered down from my sick bed to find the biscuit tin empty , just can’t face a cup tea without dipping a digestive , zb it I’m going back to bed
Anyhow how are you all getting on , please tell me your struggling like hell and won’t get home :wink: :laughing:
Had mate on phone last night and he’s got hoddesdon, Andover , ash ford and Chelmsford and then back to Boston , this week he’s just gone from tues- thurs to tues - fri , not zb sat , he doesn’t work sat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: lol , and apparently there’s nothing zb wrong with me , bitter or what :laughing: , anyway if you see a stressed out solstor driver on your travels put a arm round him / buy him a coffee and tell him dozy has gone to buy himself a new pair of boxers as his ■■■■■■ the previous pair
All the best and enjoy your night in a layby :laughing: :laughing: think I’ll set alarm for midday :laughing:

I’m golden. Started a new job today. Boss said bloke who’s job it was is pretending to be off sick but he’s tossing it off at home eating biscuits. I don’t know how his boss knows this.

Whoever it was has left a fire extinguisher on the dash. He’s put his name on it using a big felt tip. There’s a couple of well thumbed dandy comics on the bunk, an old discarded yoghurt pot, a conker on string plus a well used unhappy looking action man minus a leg peeking out of the side pocket.

James the cat:

dozy:

I’m golden. Started a new job today. Boss said bloke who’s job it was is pretending to be off sick but he’s tossing it off at home eating biscuits. I don’t know how his boss knows this. Emplacement

Whoever it was has left a fire extinguisher on the dash. He’s put his name on it using a big felt tip. There’s a couple of well thumbed dandy comics on the bunk, an old discarded yoghurt pot, a conker on string plus a well used unhappy looking action man minus a leg peeking out of the side pocket.

thougt he might replace me :wink: not a happy bunny , not sure if it’s worth sending him the sick note for 2 weeks or not :exclamation: but I can’t rush back to work , got to take docs advice , rest for 2 weeks then see him again :wink: :smiley:
Might have a look at late hols , break would do me good :slight_smile:

Hank Hill:
Currently chilling at home then in a bit off on my hols for 2 weeks.
Did have to do 2 nightout this week :imp: :smiling_imp:
Really bummer being put up in a nice hotel in Kirkby Lonsdale with decent food and a choice of premium lagers. :stuck_out_tongue:
All paid for by the company
On top of that only drove a lorry for 1 day this week :smiley:

Make the most of your Friday night at home, you don’t seem to get many.

Ta Hank , yea it’s nice to be at home not getting yourself more and more wound up because your struggling to get home on a Friday , off for another 2 weeks so time to sort out a day job , mom- fri , 8-10 hrs , won’t be easy but there must be something like that out there , take care

Poor old Dozy, stuck at home watching This Morning, Jeremy Kyle, " Dna evidence, did you get your sister pregnant ? ".
Then there’s Judge Grinder, Border control shows from Oz and Canada .
With all these feminine shows on tv, Doctor Doze will be an expert in PMT ,Menopause, and vaginal yeast infections .
With a bit of Cystitis thrown in .

Thought I was having a good Friday with a nice early finish, until I got sent out on a last minute “emergency” job - amazing how much wheelspin you can get out of a Luton Sprinter van and the toolboxes are amazingly strong after been launched half way across the warehouse and off the dock leveller :laughing: :laughing:

Dozy…is that Yaxley your working from ? sounds like it when you mentioned Solstor…i`m an ex crayford driver…but been to Yaxley a few times. the office staff are idiots…especially the manager…if its the same one.

truckyboy:
Dozy…is that Yaxley your working from ? sounds like it when you mentioned Solstor…i`m an ex crayford driver…but been to Yaxley a few times. the office staff are idiots…especially the manager…if its the same one.

No truckboy , mate works for them , I was tempted as going back on fridges appealed to me , but he’s worse than me for moaning :wink: :laughing: , gets very upset when they want him to do 15 hrs for £110 :exclamation: :exclamation: , still tipping tesco store at 9 pm , can’t get back on a fri etc , etc
Though we are running out of options locally so you never no