Another London attack

London bridge district cordoned off.

No access via London Bridge itself from the City, Borough High street closed and the public being held back.
Reports of “more than one” fatality already.

Gunshots heard.

No security services beyond the regular police to be seen.

Grim indeed for a sticky saturday night. :frowning: :frowning:

As usual, the media will now finish the job by terrorising the rest of the country with wall to wall blanket coverage with all the gory details.

3 reported attacks. London Bridge, Borough Market and Vaxuhall. Its Paris all over again.

Radar19:
3 reported attacks. London Bridge, Borough Market and Vaxuhall. Its Paris all over again.

The police have said that the incident at Vauxhall is not connected to the incidents on and by London Bridge.

Like it or not, this will have an effect on the imminent election.

We’ve now got to choose between Labour who want to open the floodgates to these people even wider, or Conservative who seem more scared of the Right than of the Left who are snapping at their heels, if the latest opinion polls are anything to go by.

DM is saying there are now 7 separate fatalities across at least the two locations London Bridge itself, and Borough Market (across the road from London Bridge tube station) involving knives and running people down. :frowning:

No further info on Suffolk Street and Vauxhall as yet. 7.7 all over again.

(Picture-heavy webpage)

tachograph:

Radar19:

The police have said that the incident at Vauxhall is not connected to the incidents on and by London Bridge.

It was a plain old stabbing… as if thats normal now. They’re saying it was a gang of 5 men, 2 have been shot, the rest still on the run. The BBC have got a pic of what they think was the van used. A Hertz rental, looks like a Renault Master.

I wonder if these people were taken off the watch list as they don’t pose a risk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is ok. We will sing songs, light candles, everyone will suddenly pray to a God that most never believe in, ‘we will never be broken!’, ‘we can fight by getting on and not giving in!’.

Meanwhile, the children torn to shreds at a concert, parents picking those children up, tourists on London bridge and nightclub and resturant goers; all 32 who died this year wont ever go home. The 100+ survivors will never be the same.

It’ll be the usual soundbites
“They will never force us to change our way of life. BTW, heres a list of a dozen things you will now not be able to do”

Meanwhile, some senior Common Purpose trained fast tracked chief constable, bedecked in rows of medals, will speak solemnly in front of the cameras, warning the far right (read working class blokes, the ones they used to call up when they needed cannon fodder to fight their previous wars) against uttering a single word out of place, let alone doing anything like protesting, to defend our freedoms and way of life.

What was it Churchill said? “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last’’
We are led by politicians, and have been for 40 years, whom Mr Churchill would despise.

Winseer:

We’ve now got to choose between Labour who want to open the floodgates to these people even wider, or Conservative who seem more scared of the Right than of the Left who are snapping at their heels, if the latest opinion polls are anything to go by.

DM is saying there are now 7 separate fatalities across at least the two locations London Bridge itself, and Borough Market (across the road from London Bridge tube station) involving knives and running people down. :frowning:

Moment London Bridge jihadis were shot dead by police | Daily Mail Online
(Picture-heavy webpage)

Why turn this to politics??

Winseer:

(Picture-heavy webpage)

Let’s be very very clear, these attacks are happening under our current Conservative government. Snoopers charter is a huge success… NOT. Cuts to fire, police, army and navy into 10s of 1000s. Get the tories out!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

bobbya:

Winseer:

(Picture-heavy webpage)

Well said Bobbya

bobbya:

Winseer:

(Picture-heavy webpage)

That’s not my intention, and I object to anything I say being turned into politics when it’s about Pre-emptively stopping these attacks before people actually get killed.
That’s not a political argument - it’s common sense. Instructions to our police. I’m satisfied to hear that armed police have given these murdering scum no quarter, and just blown them away.
I’m not a politician seeking election - so I’m not exactly touting for votes here am I?
The only connection to “politics” is how our incumbent politicians actually make policy and give instructions to our security services to deal with the consecutive attacks we now face.
No changes so far, so “politics” has not been allowed to effect anything so far either.
That is a mistake that will continue to cost lives imho.

We’ve yet to hear of our security and police blowing anyone away before they get to kill anyone. I’m starting to feel like Khaaan is doing me a favour by banning old banger drivers like me from entering London at all.
It would be bloody difficult to arrange some kind of curfew upon “Olive Skinned Londoners” = and I’ll be the first to say that such a move is not the answer.
Getting the community to better communicate suspicious activity among their own - seems a better way to go.
You still don’t have very long to react when a van pulls up alongside innocent members of the public, three complete stranger geezers of any colour get out, and start stabbing people though.
The only changes in laws I have in mind is “The right to defend oneself using deadly force” - as they have in America. Such legislation could be implemented easily by any party, so it’s not a political argument either.
That I don’t want Diane Abbot in charge of all this police and security stuff by this time next week - now that IS a political argument. :open_mouth: :imp:
(The Left will say I’m being racist though of course, and example of a faux news argument that they like to make these days…)

Laup:

Winseer:

(Picture-heavy webpage)

Let’s be very very clear, these attacks are happening under our current Conservative government. Snoopers charter is a huge success… NOT. Cuts to fire, police, army and navy into 10s of 1000s. Get the tories out!

lets be very clear it all started when a labour government sided with america and went into iraq, now that went well didnt it, then the conservative goverment backed the arab spring which hasnt helped in anyway but at the end of the day it wouldnt matter who was in office it was still happen.

No Islam…Know Peace. Simple.

Let’s be very very clear that Iraq under Blair charged the atmosphere indeed including the situation in Libya under the tories. It all adds up and proves that persistent destabilisation by the West has its bloody consequences. Selling arms to Saudi which is the biggest supporter of terrorist activity globally also does not help does it Mrs may! We need a change of government desperately but these acts play into their hands because fear in society ■■■■■ with people’s heads.

Janos:
No Islam…Know Peace. Simple.

Corbyn was right to oppose bombing Iraq and Libya
Theresa May was wrong to cut police by 20,000
UK is less safe as a result
#londonattack

think everyone opposed going into iraq except the blair and his cronies, yeah wasnt the best idea cutting the police but this would still have happend regardless if there was 10.000 more

What’s done is done. It’s time to correct past mistakes - and not now compound them.

Corbyn is as short as 5-1 to be PM in a week’s time. Time appears to be working in Labour’s favour too, so don’t be surprised if there are calls to postpone the election by a week or two…

That’s a scary thought that there are that many people in this country rallying to Labour with their “Tolerance” of Terrorism. “Friends” of the IRA, “Recognition” of Sinn Fein, and “Cromwellian” attitude towards our Monarchy.