37 years ago today

Well I don’t like to talk about it too much but 37 years ago today I was all over the television news headlines. Yes it was on this day in history that I led the SAS raid on the Iranian embassy. Like I say I don’t like to talk about it. But I was the leader of the troop who ended the siege. What was not reported at the time was that, and I don’t like to talk about it, was that I was only 7 at the time. Keep that under your hat though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi mate (I won’t give your name away for obvious reasons) long time no see how are you ? Yeah what a chaotic day that was but we done our country proud and OMG was it really 37 yrs ago !! Have you seen this picture of the two of us on that day ■■

Obviously you in front .

No one at school believed me the next day for some reason :cry:

I remember watching the then Embassy world snooker final which Alex Higgins won being interrupted to show the siege as it happened

So are you the one who let that one live who we now give a home and benefits to?

@happysack, @baldbloke I know you are both making this up, coz I was A group leader and you two were definitley not there. Rusty F. was second in C and was first in, the one terrorist that has been in the news recently had a grenade and the possibility of losing 4 of the team just for the one slag was too big a risk. :wink:

See youse in the bar beer’s on you two :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Uncleskid:
I remember watching the then Embassy world snooker final which Alex Higgins won being interrupted to show the siege as it happened

Well funnily enough I was meant to be referee for that match but I want allowed out of school for the tournament. Fortunately the head mistress was more lenient when the regiment came calling.

davepenn54:
@happysack, @baldbloke I know you are both making this up, coz I was A group leader

Now who’s making this up :unamused: I WAS - ‘A’ group leader with C as secondary backup (B was sectioned inside). There were others, D & F who were at the bottom waiting for THE call and E was waiting for a ferry. That’s all I can say really.

If I hadn’t missed the ferry I would have been there.

the nodding donkey:
If I hadn’t missed the ferry I would have been there.

The original plan was to it the day before. Happy Star Wars day. :grimacing: may the forth be with you. :laughing: unfortunately they didn’t think tommy terrorist would have a sense of humour. :sunglasses: as the original 1977 Star Wars film was three years earlier, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK! :smiley: WHOOSH. :wink:

If I hadn’t caught the wrong ferry I’d have been there too.

Well clearly you are liars. I shouldn’t really disclose this, but all the other chaps were in fact schoolgirls. But that’s classified. Obviously I wsant a girl because I was Len Ganleys stand in for when he was too drunk to attend the crucible.

and Dozy was meant to be there but he couldn’t get organised in time…

Trukkertone:

No his boss had him running ragged all week and he couldn’t get back in time.

bald bloke:

Trukkertone:

No his boss had him running ragged all week and he couldn’t get back in time.

not a case of an unplanned night out?

:laughing:

Quality chaps!

Wasn’t it the RAF Reg? Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT HAVING TO LOOK INTO GOOGLE THEN YOU JUST MAY HAVE BEEN THERE… :smiley:
my saving grace was that at least nobody took my pic when i fell off the back of the roof and got tangled up in the rope…

myself and fellow sneaky beakies and desmonds were well rewarded for our exploits that day, starting nicely with egg banjoes all round,though at 1st it was assumed we would be dropped in as lawn darts from a fat albert,it was later decided to be a full on all points entry with our black taxis as the main tool for entry (apart from blowing out the windows) a quick 5 mins brass swap ( there wasnt much brass in return).then by the end of the day we had all wEnt out on the tap in the big city complete with trapping kit.despite out training we still met a few kronenbergs and had to use the kebab compass to get back to base again for the appointment with maggie the next day,though by this time we had met a couple of squaddie mattresses ( albeit bobfoks)so the night went well enough.by morning it was wets all round then numerous whoopi goldbergs we all felt rough as more than 1 of us had a grand slam in the maggots during the night and all of us at some point had killed our grollies,1 of us was a swamp donkey so it didnt make much difference to him,but once there we all had to be on top form and remember to be using the yaffling spanners to our best ability.
after that it was a quick hop back to hereford on a willy wocker ,a quick 400 mile yomp just to unwind and get into some serious sheet pressing.
as far as i remember,gormless dozy was on yankers as he had failed to check the fire extinguishers on the biscuit tins the previous saturday due to the fact that the aforementioned tins were now all charred remains as he misunderstodd the order to blow up the tyres with the resulting carnage and subsequent loss of a hundred and seventy tins.
I WONDER IF ANYONE UNDERSTANDS THAT…IF SO.YOU COULD BE ONE OF US… :open_mouth: …SHHHHHHH NUFF SAID :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
surely with the number of ex regiment drivers crammed into the rdc waiting rooms around the uk then there has to be someone that can read the previous post and understand the jargon…i cant believe we didnt all end up driving trucks… :open_mouth:

^^^^^ of course I can understand it. Problem is if I posted the unscrambled version I’d have to kill each and everyone who reads it and I’m busy doing my hair today so it’s a no no.