French Presidential Elections - your views

Would like to know what you lot think of this weekends first voting results.

This is the first time in France that neither of the major party candidates have passed the first stage, it would be like here in the UK that a Conservative and Labour representative not getting through the preliminary vote and losing to say, UKIP and the Libs or Greens.
Macron is a Republican and very pro Europe, Le Penn is… love her or hate her … fighting for France, to bring the country back to where it should be.

The next vote will be between them. How do you think the French people will vote?

It doesn’t matter how the people vote. Unless the person ‘elected’ becomes a totalitarian dictator, along the lines of Hitler and Stalin, Saddam Hussain or What’s his name in Zimbabwe, they are nothing more than a puppet for the establishment.

I think the polls will be right and Macron will get in, and it will be business as usual, while the ordinary people of France like elsewhere get forgotten, despite some 40% of them voting for anti-establishment candidates from either the right or left.

My feeling is if the main stream politicians don’t start listening and representing and addressing the issues that effect ordinary people, then it will end up in civil unrest, look back at history and we are seeing the seeds of revolution being sowed in fertile ground.

The BBC is back to it’s biased best, reporting Macron, a Pro EU, Pro Globalisation, Pro Free Trade, former Banker and Government minister, as an outsider of the political system. :open_mouth: :laughing:

One thing that The Nodding Donkey has eluded on is that whichever one is voted as president neither has major representation in the National Assembly, (or whatever the French equivalent to parliament is called) so will they be able to get any radical policies through?

Carryfast will be along soon to give us all his righteous answers as to how it will go … and on that note … :slight_smile:

would love to see Marine take it but don’t think she will - still think it will be much closer than the 60:40 the polls are showing. I think Marcon will take it 55:45

Bluey Circles:
would love to see Marine take it but don’t think she will

+1 :frowning:

The question is bearing in mind the implications of a Le Pen win to the EU establishment and globalist agenda can we trust the election count.Which seems to have given an unbelievable amount of votes to both Melenchon and Fillon which will no doubt then conveniently end up with Macron in the secondaries and the turnout figure also seems a bit unbelievably low.Bearing in mind the make or break nature of the vote for France.

Le Pen to win.

Now that would shake up the system.

The globalist elite own and/or run the mainstream media, until people seek out other sources of news they will naturally veer towards how they have been, just like so many of us, indoctrinated by that very same media,

LePen sadly doesn’t stand a chance, despite apparently giving up leadership of the FN and standing herself now as an indy (if what i read tonight is true).

France will carry on getting exactly what it votes for, if it votes for more of the same, as in recent years, then that is exactly what they shall receive, and may the Lord have mercy, for what is coming isn’t merciful.

I have several French people as friends on facebook, ages rage from mid 20’s to late 40’s.
The posts from the younger ones seemed anti establishment, (as you should expect from young people) and when Macron won the first round, there was a post with a drawing of Macron saying basically
“The French People are stupid and they have short memories, they have forgotten I served in Hollande’s government.”

I’d like to think that the French People are as bloody-minded as us Brits. It is who Melenchon and Fillion’s supporters now get behind that counts here.

Melenchon is supposedly hard left. Unlike our Corbyn though, he’s quite the showman, and VERY popular further afield that his own party.
My thinking is that “losing in the first round” is the French version of “Throwing Bernie Sanders under the bus” that we saw done at the hands of Hilary’ Clinton’s subfaction within the Democrat party last year.
I wonder then, if some of those supporters rather than hating the “Hard Right” that the media says Le Pen is with a passion - they will instead be welcomed to Le Pen’s side with open arms. We are talking about ordinary workers left behind after all. I would not expect them to support France’s Tony Blair in Macron any more than Corbyn’s supporters over here would get behind Blair, should the axe one day fall on Corbyn’s time at the top…

As for Fillon’s supporters - He’s said to be the French Thatcher. Those supporters would go as naturally to the Rightmost party then as obviously Ex-UKIP voters will be getting behind Theresa May’s Conservatives in our own forthcoming election…

Marine Le Pen is currently 7/1 in the betting, having drifted OUT slightly upon getting through to the second round.
Supposedly, Macron is the only candidate that can beat her…
I suggest though that this entirely plastic and artificial flim flam man with no political office, married to his school teacher who first bedded him at age 17, and connected to Big Money with it’s globalist agenda - might well find that HE is the only person SHE can beat!

The media and establishment are about to pay a heavy price for believing in their own lies, when it comes to portraying Le Pen as “Hard” Right and “Extermist” politician all the time.
The more you listen to her, the more you realize that she’s actually a traditionalist, going for home-grown French values, and wants to push back the tide of globalism first and foremost. The issues of Immigration are secondary, as they actually are in this country regarding Brexit.

I didn’t vote Brexit for Immigration reasons at all - to me, it’s all about the Money. Immigration plays a part in the Money issue of course - but here we stand like France being told what to do by our irremovable powers that dictate to us that we must wear all the downsides of Globalization with chin up.

Le Pen winning though is one thing. It fits the pattern that she can pull off the “third” upset following Brexit and Trump. What we must hope does NOT happen though - is the result is another Brexit at 52/48 or Trump with a non-win in the popular vote…

Of course, from the UK’s point of view - A Le Pen win will significantly accelerate the process of Brexit. I suspect that the EU will crumble away from US rather than us even have to leave it even!

If Macron wins, then France will then be used by the EU to “punish Britain” with, and the case for the Remoaners would have just gained a significant ally. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Don’t want that! :imp:

Bluey Circles:
would love to see Marine take it but don’t think she will - still think it will be much closer than the 60:40 the polls are showing. I think Marcon will take it 55:45

The best I am hoping for realistically, is a Le Pen win 60/40. Less than that is too weak, and will be resisted. I don’t think there are enough sensible people in France to make it higher than that though.
Interestingly, the population in France have it the other way around from Us. Their snowflakes are the older generation in the West. Among young people, high youth unemployment has rallied the younger folk to her cause.

…Not that the mainstream media portray the student population as being any different to the idiots rioting in America though…

I’m not sure if Macron’s better mastery of English will help him. I dunno if Blair’s mastery of French once helped him come to that. I’m hoping it wont, and will at least be cancelled out by his creepy teacher’s pet fetish thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Juddian:
LePen sadly doesn’t stand a chance, despite apparently giving up leadership of the FN and standing herself now as an indy (if what i read tonight is true)

:open_mouth:

Let’s get this right Farage suddenly walks away from UKIP and goes quiet effectively saying its job is finished and advising his vote to vote for May.Trump too seems to have gone strangely quiet and shows no sign of doing what he said he would do before he was elected.In fact the exact opposite in the case of Syria at least.Then Le Pen suddenly walks away from the FN ?. :confused: All seems too much of a coincidence.As the Queen said as a warning to Burrell dark forces at work ?. :bulb:

While as I’ve said the supposed combined vote count for Fillon and Menchelon and the turnout figures look too good to be true ( for Macron ) to me.With it obviously looking better to put any dodgy vote count there with them in the first round then transfer it to Macron in the secondaries.Than just give it all to Macron to start with.

While if Le Pen has really walked away from the FN that’s it game over for any organised Nationalist movement in France anyway. :frowning:

Le Pen. :grimacing:

Google this. google.co.uk/amp/s/sovereig … urope/amp/

Would really love to see Marine Lepen as president to turn France around and rid the country of the scum lurking in the shadows…

AndrewG:
Would really love to see Marine Lepen as president to turn France around and rid the country of the scum lurking in the shadows…

Same here and I live in Oz !

Meanwhile, The Labour party machine pulls out all the stops on the campaign trail…

Corbyn Up Yours.jpg

They’ve clearly got a big hill to climb. :laughing:

Winseer:
Meanwhile, The Labour party machine pulls out all the stops on the campaign trail…

They’ve clearly got a big hill to climb. :laughing:

Realistically the future of the two respective countries depends on how much of the Fillon and Menchelon vote goes to the FN and not Macron and whether there’s a hidden FN vote waiting for the secondaries in the turnout in the case of France and the Labour vote to UKIP not the LibDems or Cons here.I’d suggest that’s a tall order higher than Everest in both cases. :frowning: With the outcome probably being a walk over for Macron and very likely yet another LibCon coalition here,if not a Conservative minority government.Bearing in mind the Cons are probably going to get massacred in London and much of the South East at least by the remain vote.In which the first act will be a U turn on ( at least hard ) Brexit in which we just swap EU for EEA,if not ditch the idea totally,just as May intended from the start.