Ant Middleton/ Mutiny

Anybody else been watching Mutiny on Ch4 ?
Best thing on tv at the moment imo.

It retraces the journey of Capt Bligh when the mutineers on HMS Bounty set Bligh and a few of his men off on a sailboat.
If you get a chance watch it on Catch up tv.

This Ant Middleton guy is ex SBS Royal Marines.
He was also on a programme putting civilians on SAS selection training.

Credit where it is due, this guy is a legend, and illustrates why the UK have the finest armed forces in the world.

Ok, then just me. :neutral_face:

Just watched the last two episodes, they had all suffered on the boat from the craps for 3 days, funniest part was they had set a course for an island called…wait for it.

.Turtle’s Head. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I watched the first two episodes but got fed up with the usual reality tv crap.

knight2:

Ok, right then :neutral_face:

But to be fair what did you expect, being that it’s a ‘‘reality tv show’’ :open_mouth:
I mean, ■■■■ TOWIE and Big brother are also reality shows, but even you must admit this was a bit different.

robroy:

knight2:

Ok, right then :neutral_face:

But to be fair what did you expect, being that it’s a ‘‘reality tv show’’ :open_mouth:
I mean, [zb] TOWIE and Big brother are also reality shows, but even you must admit this was a bit different.

Fair comment, but I was hoping it was going to be a bit more technical, ie more about navigation, more about the sailing, more about the boat, could have watched a whole programme about that and more historical stuff. Should have read the write up properly, never mind. :unamused: :unamused: :smiley:

I watched this Robroy and thought it was a decent programme.

I agree with you,Ant Middleton is a legend.

Another good box set on channel 4 is called “Walking the Nile” another ex soldier taking 9 months to walk the entire length of the river although he has to go off track in certain places.
These blokes have got stamina

gazzah:
I watched this Robroy and thought it was a decent programme.

I agree with you,Ant Middleton is a legend.

Another good box set on channel 4 is called “Walking the Nile” another ex soldier taking 9 months to walk the entire length of the river although he has to go off track in certain places.
These blokes have got stamina

Did you see that series about the guy who’s Dad served with the Chindits in Burma in ww2. He re.traced his Dad’s unit’s path through Burma with the help of a guide who was also ex Special forces I think.
His (late) Dad never talked to this guy about his war exploits and this guy got a shock when he learned what his Dad had gone through.
Wish I could recall the name of the programme.

Was it this programme

Was it called Burmas secret jungle war with Joe Simpson

If it is, I haven’t seen it before but I will take a look at it if I can find it somewhere.
Is it any good

gazzah:
Was it this programme

Was it called Burmas secret jungle war with Joe Simpson

If it is, I haven’t seen it before but I will take a look at it if I can find it somewhere.
Is it any good

Yeh that was it.
Is it any good? Well I thought it was, but I am a fan of that sort of programme, and in military modern history in general.