Car transporter job

are recruiting for a Car Transporter with a HGV Class 1 licence for our client in ******

This work will require regular nights out - 4 nights a week for the most suitable car transporter. The candidate must have a C+E / Class 1 licence and a in date CPC card.

The job will consist of driving a multi-deck 11 car transporter. Experience in a similar car transporter role is required for this position.

The salary for this car transporter C+E position is £10/hr for PAYE drivers

Doesn’t pay like it used to!

Mate went for an interview for one. He ■■■■■■ up but week layer offered the job. He refused it because the wage had no delivery bonus on it for 6 month’s so he would have been a set rate and I got the impression they changes drivers every 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

£10 an hour for an 11 plus :unamused: , that’s why its advertised and will continue to be advertised.

Juddian:
£10 an hour for an 11 plus :unamused: , that’s why its advertised and will continue to be advertised.

Ye Gods! I can recall some of the Abbey Hill hooligans doing in excess of £60k back in the late 80’s. Has it really come to this?

the maoster:

Juddian:

Ye Gods! I can recall some of the Abbey Hill hooligans doing in excess of £60k back in the late 80’s. Has it really come to this?

I can recall some of them doing in excess of 80, mph that is :open_mouth: back in the late 80’s, and getting seriously bloody nicked too en masse, being on nights at the time on another firm where speeds might have been ‘interesting’ did give is cause to worry for while :blush:

No it hasn’t come to this at all, there’s a serious shortage of transporter drivers and it’s going to escalate in short order cos most of 'em (and us) is getting on a bit, and any worth their salt wouldn’t dream of working for that pay, they might find a newby who’ll just use them to train up and then bugger off for better things once skilled up.

There is a place near me regularly advertising for 7 car on 30-32k a year. Puts that into perspective

You only have to note the sheer number of different operators in the game now to know it’s bolloxed.

Guy who trained me up for class 1 uses to do it until Stobarts took contract and paid £10ph for it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk