New Top Gear

Christ…it’s getting worse :frowning:

The presenters are dire

Even without Evans?

Thanks for the warning to NOT watch it!

I sort of enjoyed it!

Wouldn’t know myself, as i ain’t watched it since Clarkson was sacked, but typical of the bullshiete brainwashing corporation ,that isn’t worth 10% of the licence fee

tango boy:
I sort of enjoyed it!

Said a tipper driver… :unamused:
:wink:

tango boy:
I sort of enjoyed it!

So did I, so that makes two tipper drivers! :wink: Athough wether it will be regular viewing in the Windrush household remains to be seen! :confused:

Pete.

never seen it or have wanted to after seeing a pic of the 3 presenters.completely and unrealisticly pc as expected…uk top gear…2 non pinks and a yank.itl be wheelchair access cars next with some wifey with a speech impediment showing that bit…byebye top gear,dead and buried. :unamused:

It was pretty dire. They spent so much time fannying around not in the cars! Still, I’ll probably watch the next one anyway.

Thought it was alright tbh. Not a must watch programme but if im chilling watching TV I would probably watch it again next week. My brother was chuffed that he guessed the Merc and the Volvo before they were brought out of the containers.

It was ok, probably about the same as the many clone copies of the original that are shown round the World very little content really for an hour long program.

However I’d really lost interest in Top Gear many years ago and long before Clarkson and Co’s departure, they’d really done it and just followed the same format each week, and that all the new show is doing without the same chemistry as before.

I think as it was Clarkson’s and Co’s show and format the BBC should find somebody to take a gamble and revamp it and then be brave enough to give it time to build an audience, in it’s present format it will always be compared to Clarkson’s version.

muckles:
It was ok, probably about the same as the many clone copies of the original that are shown round the World very little content really for an hour long program.

However I’d really lost interest in Top Gear many years ago and long before Clarkson and Co’s departure, they’d really done it and just followed the same format each week, and that all the new show is doing without the same chemistry as before.

I think as it was Clarkson’s and Co’s show and format the BBC should find somebody to take a gamble and revamp it and then be brave enough to give it time to build an audience, in it’s present format it will always be compared to Clarkson’s version.

I so agree! It had got tired long before the 3 stooges left, it’s time for fresh meat and a fresh format, the Amazon grand tour, is basically the same ■■■■■ the 3 stooges have been doing for years, nothing fresh, n there are only so many times that ■■■■■■ innuendoes are funny, once you have grown up!

ExMilkTank:

muckles:

I so agree! It had got tired long before the 3 stooges left, it’s time for fresh meat and a fresh format, the Amazon grand tour, is basically the same [zb] the 3 stooges have been doing for years, nothing fresh, n there are only so many times that ■■■■■■ innuendoes are funny, once you have grown up!

Yep, exceeded it’s shelf life. Time to move on…
Pointless trying to reinvent something after it’s time and originality…

But at the same time, if I was Clarkson or the other 2 idiots, I’d be milking it dry! :grimacing:
Hypocrite? :open_mouth: No, not me… :blush:

ExMilkTank:

muckles:

I so agree! It had got tired long before the 3 stooges left, it’s time for fresh meat and a fresh format, the Amazon grand tour, is basically the same [zb] the 3 stooges have been doing for years, nothing fresh, n there are only so many times that ■■■■■■ innuendoes are funny, once you have grown up!

Working in Motorsport and for companies that are also involved in cutting edge vehicle development or classic car restoration, I see a hell of a lot about what goes on and how popular it is among the general public or at least loads of petrol heads.

Firstly there is more to motor racing than F1, wouldn’t believe so if you looked at the BBC content though.
Every Year 10’s of thousands Brits head to Le Mans for the 24 hour race, I think the event is attended by over 1/4 million people, plus a global audience following it on telly and internet, Endurance racing seems to be gaining popularity as does World Rally Cross.
In 2014 I was part of one of the most Successful British race teams at Le Mans for many years, winning our class and coming 5th overall. not even a mention on the Top Gear or the BBC.
Then there is Goodwood Festival of Speed, done a few of those events over the years, it’s absolutely rammed and seems to get bigger each year, loads of interest with the general public, the same with Silverstone Classic, an event with almost every form of classic cars from Multi-million pound one off racers to affordable 80’s rep mobiles. Plus many other events around the country from car shows to racing, even Truckfest, none of this gets covered, but it does attract an folling and as long as it’s not done to death would keep the attention of those with less interest in it, and nothing wrong with thrashing around in the latest supercars and maybe try and find different feature pieces instead of 3 blokes mess about with some cars in another country and crash a lot.

ExMilkTank:

muckles:

I was at the studio for the last time it was presented by Jeremy Clarkson, not that anybody knew it at the time, didn’t bother going in to watch it being filmed though, although that was partly because I was told if I did I’d have to stay for the day. Did make full use of the catering facilities though. :laughing:

Couldn’t believe Rory Reid’s suggestion in this week’s episode that the Mk1 Golf GTI
was a supposed game changer over the Dolomite Sprint in the 1970’s. :open_mouth: The fact is it was rightly considered as a girl’s shopping car compared to that let alone the 3.0 litre Capri among others.Hopefully next time he’ll check out the facts in the form of period performance figures and forget the biased propaganda.

I watched it and thought it wasn’t too bad, it’s just that Mat le Blanc…can’t stand the guy.

The best I can say for it was that it was very boring, and I lost interest after 20 minutes, like it or not Jeremy Clarkson and Hammond and May WERE Top Gear, the PC trio presenting it now are dire.

Blunder Man:
The best I can say for it was that it was very boring, and I lost interest after 20 minutes, like it or not Jeremy Clarkson and Hammond and May WERE Top Gear, the PC trio presenting it now are dire.

In all fairness though, I bet Clarkson and co weren’t much different when they started, took a while for their characters to develop and become accepted. If they can do it then surely others can if they’ve got the right chemistry.

GORDON 50:

Blunder Man:

In all fairness though, I bet Clarkson and co weren’t much different when they started, took a while for their characters to develop and become accepted. If they can do it then surely others can if they’ve got the right chemistry.

That’s all well and good, BUT…

They took a program and completely revamped it into something unrecognisable from the original show. Also the original wasn’t anywhere near as popular as the Clarkson’s incarnation.

This “new” show is trading on the name of a show that wa shugely popular, with the same studio, the same track, pretty much the same content, with one glaring omission…CHARISMA.

I gave Evans attempt about 2 shows before I gave up on it, this one I shan’t be watching again. Matthew White isn’t actually that bad in truth, best of a bad bunch anyway, except that it’s SO obvious that he’s reading off an auto cue :grimacing:

Where they go at the other 2 goons from I’ve no idea…RIP Top Gear.

Time to completely reincarnate it into a new show, with a new name, new studio, new ideas, which in all honest will probably still be crap, but at least it won’t be a poor mans attempt at milking the cash cow that is the Top Gear brand.