New Top Gear

Conan the Librarian:
That’s all well and good, BUT…

They took a program and completely revamped it into something unrecognisable from the original show. Also the original wasn’t anywhere near as popular as the Clarkson’s incarnation.

This “new” show is trading on the name of a show that wa shugely popular, with the same studio, the same track, pretty much the same content, with one glaring omission…CHARISMA.

I gave Evans attempt about 2 shows before I gave up on it, this one I shan’t be watching again. Matthew White isn’t actually that bad in truth, best of a bad bunch anyway, except that it’s SO obvious that he’s reading off an auto cue :grimacing:

Where they go at the other 2 goons from I’ve no idea…RIP Top Gear.

Time to completely reincarnate it into a new show, with a new name, new studio, new ideas, which in all honest will probably still be crap, but at least it won’t be a poor mans attempt at milking the cash cow that is the Top Gear brand.

If it was all about the presenters then plenty of the old Top Gear audience would have been happy to pay for the GT episodes on Amazon.Which I for one wouldn’t.

While Top Gear has the potential to be better on the basis that it’s a car show that should be all about the cars not the presenters’ personalities and silly irrelevant stunts.In which case Matt Le Blanc and Rory Reid seem out of their depth while Chris Harris is ok but just needs some more help in the form of people like Harry Metcalfe or Alain de Cadenet or Tiff Needell for example or maybe Nick Mason might be a good option too.