Brexit again

hkloss1:
…and meanwhile , when Britain leaves the EU, it plans to become a champion of free trade ( that’s less rights and protection for blue collar workers for you and me), a tax heaven on EU’s doorstep (lower corporate and business taxes, which means much, much less money for social things such as NHS, and others, more money left in rich people’s pockets),
we get these news:

BMW weighs moving production of new electric Mini away from the UK

telegraph.co.uk/business/201 … i-away-uk/

so after NIssan got bribed to stay , most likely with that £350 millions pounds earmarked for NHS, you know the money which was advertised on Brexit bus, that was going to be available, which unfortunately was denied by Nigel Farage himself, unfortunately after the vote was casted.

Then last week we had Peugeot, considering which plants to close … do you really think the French or Germans would close their own plants and lay their own workers off, just to save Ellesmere and Luton plants, when this country wants to quit the EU?,don’t think so

Uber is a good example of what rights workers lose under any “Free Trade” agreement. A lot of people voted FOR Brexit because the downsides of that “Free Trade” are already here of course.
A cab driver doesn’t need to even know his way about any more, let alone speak English properly. This is thanks to the Technology of things like Satnavs and GoogleTranslate.
SInce it’s illegal to use a hand-held device whilst driving, it’s obviously escaped people’s minds that the standards of driving on our roads today - has been going downhill for some time.

Someone needs to tot-up the statistics of things like the following:-

Cyclists killed 1997-present by collisions with other traffic
Driving Licences issued to people without a single GCSE to their name.
Vehicles purchased within the UK by people without a valid UK licence
Speeding in built-up areas as opposed to “out of town”.
Mickey Mouse MOTs issued to immigrant’s vehicles who otherwise would not have a hope of getting their old banger through the emissions tests alone.
Made-up jobs put there only for the benefit of qualifying for Working Tax Credits
The number of UK females “taken off the market” by male immigrants compared to the tiny number of UK working class males taken off the market by eligible immigrant females…

We don’t stand to lose much more in the form of “Worker’s rights” than we’ve already lost to date - subtly, and by the back door. Creeping Encroachment.

What’s the worst that can happen once Brexit is done and dusted once and for all?

• Less foreign truckers working on our roads for less than minimum wage
  • Less foreign private car drivers running vehicles on our roads with dubious tax, MOT, and Service histories.
  • Less downward pressure on local wages
  • Less rights for the workshy using the excuse “I can’t possibly come off benefits, because the immigrants have taken all the local jobs”.
  • Less rights for sick pay for taking the ■■■■ - aka “throwing sickies when the cup final is on”.

Doya know what? - I can live with ALL of those “lesses” above. :arrow_right:

The £350m per week figure is the END figure when the money to Brussels in it’s entirety - ceases. It’s the Gordium Knot of our modern Era - and needs a solution similar to the original Godium Knot too, I reckon.
Nissan Deal: A lot of companies already over here - would stay IF their worker’s rights were guaranteed. It’s an easy think to promise “not to boot out an immigrant currently holding down a good job in the UK”. Doesn’t make for good electioneering though. Have faith in your government - even if you didn’t vote for it - for now at least. If we’re to “give Theresa May enough rope to hang herself”, then you start by getting some rope NOT “looking for Theresa May in the Street”.

Big Business Startup Overheads:

It’s now never been so difficult to start up a small firm. Business rates are going through the roof, and the governments past and present seem to have slipped that panacea of taxation through the net, namely “taxing something already 100% yours”. We need to overhaul the Freehold rules in this country to bring them into line with America rather than EU I suggest.
In America you can do what you like with your land that is “outside of the public domain”. In this country you have to ask permission to build on land well within itself and 100% owned by you already. Something doesn’t add up here, and needs to fast! :bulb: