My luverly luverly bruvver...

Can’t drive fer toffee…

Had the occaision to go out with my big brother in his car yesterday. A two hour drive over roads that I’m very familiar with.

Well, jeezuz H christ! What a hypocritical, tailgating, wrong lane in every situation, excessive speeding, Satnav in middle of windscreen, leave it in 4th when I’ve got 6 gears fer twenty miles, throw yer passengers around and sharp braking driver he is.

Do other members suffer in silence or do you say something and end up with the inevitable family fall out?

he used to duff me up when we was kids reckon i could put him over now

Why did you not just tell him instead of coming on here to tell us.

My other half is the exact same i dread my 25 mile lift home after 4 days away, but i just keep my mouth shut as "there is nothing wrong with her driving!!!). 00

A… because it’s really not that important.

B… I’m curious as to what others would do.

C… I very rarely drive with him anywhere.

D… the post is aimed slightly tongue in cheek for amusement purposes.

yourhavingalarf:
A… because it’s really not that important.

B… I’m curious as to what others would do.

C… I very rarely drive with him anywhere.

D… the post is aimed slightly tongue in cheek for amusement purposes.

Bully’s is best for this kind of thing mate

My brother claims that he is the best driver in our family because he has never had an accident. I’m certain thats because he never goes fast enough! Telling him provokes good natured arugument. He doesn’t seem to understand that I have more accidents than him because I do more miles in a week than he does in a year.

My mother is a bloody nightmare behind the wheel. Wrong lane, wrong gear, no indication etc. Telling her would be like streaking in the houses of parliament. The results would be funny, but legally complicated.

My sister isn’t too bad, but she uses all 200bhp all the time. She used to race F3 so would be proud of my analysis.

My dad was a rally co-driver, but is the best driver I know. He knows too, I’ve told him.

My abiding memories of my grans driving is the same wall three times in one month! Good laughs had on a regular basis though.

Next time tell him only to have six pints of beer instead of the eight .
That way, there is less chance of ending up in a field running over sheep or cows minding their own business chewing the cud.
My brother used to do 360 degree handbrake turns at two am , coming out the night club , I said why attract attention from the Old Bill by doing that .Idiot .

I find it difficult to be a passenger ,I like to be the one In control .

I would of kicked him out the car and tea bag him like my big brother used to do to me when we were kids !
I’d take him now as he’s a lazy fat ■■■■

My daughter isn’t too bad except for tending to follow too close to the one in front.
A year or two ago she accused me of being dangerous, so signed up for the IAM and passed the advanced test.
My wife was OK but last year decided she didn’t enjoy battling the chaos on our local roads, didn’t have the confidence anymore so gave up and sold her car.

Scariest driver I rode with was a German lad working with me in the 1960s, we went over Holme Moss to Glossop, in his left hand drive motor he was overtaking on blind bends, sheer luck nothing came the other way.

My 18 yr old daughter drives too fast and we’ve all warned her but unfortunately she is a very confident driver indeed but I almost wish she’d get a speeding ticket it might make her realise she needs to slow it down because she ain’t listening to her parents .

bald bloke:
My 18 yr old daughter drives too fast and we’ve all warned her but unfortunately she is a very confident driver indeed but I almost wish she’d get a speeding ticket it might make her realise she needs to slow it down because she ain’t listening to her parents .

might be a better option to send her on an advanced driving course ?

Lloydie:

bald bloke:

Trouble is she might get even more cocky and confident.

My Uncle Jim was one of the worst drivers I’ve ever shared a car with but he was the only one in our family who passed his test first time! :smiley:

That’s why if I’m not driving, I don’t get in!
I was not meant to be a passenger.

Colin_scottish:
Why did you not just tell him instead of coming on here to tell us.

Maybe he thought it might give other members a laugh,just a guess.

bald bloke:

Lloydie:

bald bloke:

Trouble is she might get even more cocky and confident.

but it’ll make her a better driver then she has a real reason to be cocky and not just being a teenager !

Is this post just meant to be critical of your brother’s driving??

Reason I ask is because every time that I’m a passenger in a car I’m constantly monitoring their driving and watching their blindspots and checking mirrors &etc!! One of my brother’s is a very good car driver and also rides a bike. But he’s no trucker.

However, due to an injury last summer, I couldn’t drive for about 7 weeks and had to rely on my wife driving everywhere. Now, this might suit some, but for me, the only time my wife is a good driver is when I’ve had a skinful.

Anyway, this one Saturday just after my injury, she had to drive my Mondeo, which has forward and rear parking sensors and is so easy to park up. She normally drives a fiesta witch might I add, has parking sensors.

Now, this one day she couldn’t park my car for toffee! I mean… It’s so easy she made a pig’s ear of it!! So we’re stood in the middle of the road and I’m trying my best to back her in to a spot, she does no more than gets out, and locks the car, calls me a [zb] and walks off throwing me the keys!!

So, how does your missus compare ?

Just a bit of fun, in case the politically correct lot are reading.

Is it me!!!

Butcher:
Is this post just meant to be critical of your brother’s driving??

Reason I ask is because every time that I’m a passenger in a car I’m constantly monitoring their driving and watching their blindspots and checking mirrors &etc!! One of my brother’s is a very good car driver and also rides a bike. But he’s no trucker.

However, due to an injury last summer, I couldn’t drive for about 7 weeks and had to rely on my wife driving everywhere. Now, this might suit some, but for me, the only time my wife is a good driver is when I’ve had a skinful.

Anyway, this one Saturday just after my injury, she had to drive my Mondeo, which has forward and rear parking sensors and is so easy to park up. She normally drives a fiesta witch might I add, has parking sensors.

Now, this one day she couldn’t park my car for toffee! I mean… It’s so easy she made a pig’s ear of it!! So we’re stood in the middle of the road and I’m trying my best to back her in to a spot, she does no more than gets out, and locks the car, calls me a [zb] and walks off throwing me the keys!!

So, how does your missus compare ?

Just a bit of fun, in case the politically correct lot are reading.

Is it me!!!

Spelling error which.

My wife is the only person in who’s car I could fall asleep in while she is driving. With everyone else, I’m checking morrors and blindspots and cant relax.

I always tell people if they are good or bad. Iv noticed people change there driving habits after iv told them to slow down or I’ll punch you in the throat. Better to harm his feeling than harm yourself as you hit a tree. Just my opinion but I just hate people who think they are driving God’s!