BREXIT.

I’m sure this topic has been covered already, but there’s many a thousand of topics to sift through on here so thought I’d start anew and get fresh opinions and thoughts.

Is brexit going to end up being good for lorry drivers?

Anyone want to see changes to driving time and working time■■? perhaps 56hrs max every week, instead of 56 then 34hrs in line with the 90hrs max in any consecutive 2 week period.

CPC, totally scrap■■? or completely revise■■? (as many can agree on its current form it’s boll**ks) so that the training is more engaging, more relevant for UK use, something more concrete to say you have understood the material, a certificate perhaps to say you’ve successfully completed your training and are up to date instead of checking online to make sure they’ve uploaded your hours.

Calais is getting more and more dangerous, it’s a nightmare… should drivers be allowed to carry tazers, issued by their company that regually do euro runs, drivers to be taught how to use them (included in cpc) as a last resort if they feel their life was in danger?

Minimum wage for drivers should be £10ph, ABSOLUTE BARE MINIMUM, what on earth are firms playing at having class 1 drivers earn as much if not a wee less than some cabbage on the production line or stacking shelves,
7.50ph in my area, that’s disgraceful.

There’s many more points to add that get on people’s goat to which our government in theory will now have the power to revise, I’m sure they are aware the industry are fu**ing drivers up the arse dry and RHA are ready to go to them with some demands or else.

What do you lot think, how you feel about brexit, what do you want to see changed in the industry, am I just chatting boll**ks■■?

Been well covered, repeatedly. And again. Search Brexit, and make sure you`ve a pack of sarnies and a flask of strong hot coffee before embarking. . .

Franglais:
Been well covered, repeatedly. And again. Search Brexit, and make sure you`ve a pack of sarnies and a flask of strong hot coffee before embarking. . .

You know what, I didn’t know you could do that, I only use trucknet on me phone and also new to it so, completely missed that search bar somehow, just got some bacon on the go, kettle on the boil, thanks

Pickles93:

Franglais:

You know what, I didn’t know you could do that, I only use trucknet on me phone and also new to it so, completely missed that search bar somehow, just got some bacon on the go, kettle on the boil, thanks

Well if you’re new and haven’t heard of Carryfast, you soon will! :open_mouth:

Noning in your post has the least chance of happening. Dealing with the legal niceties and the trade and free movement will take 4/5 years at least. What possible reason would the government have for changing the rules for driver’s hours?

Evil8Beezle:

Pickles93:

Franglais:

Well if you’re new haven’t heard of Carryfast, you soon will! :open_mouth:

I considered suggesting he searched for “carryfast” s posts, but I dont think anyone will produce a coffee pot with sufficient capacity for that. By the way I think that the BREXIT threads are the only ones that dont go off topic?? After all all other threads end up there, and BREXIT affects most everything anyway?

Franglais:

Evil8Beezle:

Pickles93:

Franglais:

Well if you’re new haven’t heard of Carryfast, you soon will! :open_mouth:

I considered suggesting he searched for “carryfast” s posts, but I dont think anyone will produce a coffee pot with sufficient capacity for that. By the way I think that the BREXIT threads are the only ones that dont go off topic?? After all all other threads end up there, and BREXIT affects most everything anyway?

So errrr, whats the deal with carryfast?

Pickles93:

A well known and prolific poster, of strong opinions, and well. . . a character. Marmite flavour? Love/Hate, but cannot be ignored. Does that do justice?

Pickles93:

You’ll soon see! :grimacing:

viewtopic.php?t=138520&p=2177122

Franglais:

Pickles93:

A well known and prolific poster, of strong opinions, and well. . . a character. Marmite flavour? Love/Hate, but cannot be ignored. Does that do justice?

Oh ok I gotcha, well, I shan’t go looking for him, let him find me, see what happens lol

Evil8Beezle:

Pickles93:

You’ll soon see! :grimacing:

viewtopic.php?t=138520&p=2177122

I’m getting yoda vibes “you will be” hahahahaha

If Carryfast was to write a book, he’d consider War and Peace as a short story! :wink:

Yet another case for new users to be on pre mod to start with :unamused:

Evil8Beezle:
If Carryfast was to write a book, he’d consider War and Peace as a short story! :wink:

Checked him out, thanks for heads up. rolls eyes

Pickles93:
a certificate perhaps to say you’ve successfully completed your training and are up to date instead of checking online to make sure they’ve uploaded your hours.

Silly little point, but you must receive a certificate after completing a 7hr DCPC course, it’s part of the training provider’s approval.

khdgsa:

Pickles93:
a certificate perhaps to say you’ve successfully completed your training and are up to date instead of checking online to make sure they’ve uploaded your hours.

Silly little point, but you must receive a certificate after completing a 7hr DCPC course, it’s part of the training provider’s approval.

Some training providers obv not as approved as they say they are then if that’s the case

Always ask for one - it’s your proof you’ve done it.
It should have the date, title of the course, the course and centre approval numbers, the amount of time completed, and be signed by the instructor/centre manager.

Pickles93:
Calais is getting more and more dangerous, it’s a nightmare… should drivers be allowed to carry tazers, issued by their company that regually do euro runs, drivers to be taught how to use them (included in cpc) as a last resort if they feel their life was in danger?

After watching Quentin Tarantino movies I tend to have a robust attitude to clandestines. But in reality what would happen? Permits would have to be valid in all countries where tasers were carried and used : so a driver would need permits/licences for every country he/she went to. Can you use a taser against a dozen clandestines? Zap one, and make the 11 stick wielding others more angry? If someone has a medical condition and suffers permanent harm, do you wanna go to court, and pay them compensation? There is a problem, but I don`t reckon tasers are any answer.

The only thing that will change is we will have to start making our own lorries again but nobody knows where the plans are for our old wagons, when they find them they will start getting ready to leave while a couple of drivers off this forum will be going round training drivers how to change gear and sleep on a board across the seats.

mac12:
The only thing that will change is we will have to start making our own lorries again but nobody knows where the plans are for our old wagons, when they find them they will start getting ready to leave while a couple of drivers off this forum will be going round training drivers how to change gear and sleep on a board across the seats.

Yeah right on what planet are you living on