BossHogg's Great North Run 2016

Hi all, I have lost a substantial amount of weight. To give me the incentive to continue losing weight and get fit, I have entered the Great North Run 2016.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_North_Run

I am a volunteer for the British Red Cross Society and have been for over 20 years, so to that end, I am raising money for the sterling work that the society does in this country. I have created a just giving page to enable funds to be raised. I am hoping to raise over £1000, so please dig deep.

Follow the link and that will take you to my donation page. Thanks for reading.

justgiving.com/ScouseTom

Another 7 miles done today, legs feel like lead weights. I’ve been told it will get easier! :open_mouth: donation total currently standing at £220. :smiley:

My entry has been confirmed, time for some serious training. :wink:

Tom, sorry I can’t spare the cash at the moment. Having done New York a few years ago, “Good luck”

That’s no problem, thanks for your well wishes. :wink:

Good luck mate.

Thanks mate. :wink:

Done and Good Luck

Thanks for your donation, greatly appreciated. :wink:

You can now donate by text to my JustGiving page, to donate £5 just text: BRCS67 £5 to 70070

Done in memory of your colleague.
Good luck with the run.

Ahh, that’s brilliant! thank you very much for your donation. :wink:

Thanks for your donation Trev, greatly appreciated. :wink:

I think it’s a great idea - next time each of us has a driver medical and the doc asks any of us if we get plenty of exercise, we can say yeah we run X miles a day, albeit we’ve outsourced the actual getting off the chair bit to BossHogg! :wink:

Good luck with the GNR and hope you make it to the target soon.

Cheers Trev, I now have a new self appointed fundraising manager, an ex military staff clerk who has swapped her allegiance to me now that the RNLI run is over. Her brother is one of the Daves that was participating. She’s a barking mad Scouser like me, but she’s got a heart of gold. :wink:

Thanks for your donation Albion, greatly appreciated. :wink:

You’re welcome, I couldn’t do it. Mebbe walk it, if there was a pub at the halfway point :wink:

There’s refreshment points every mile, but it’s only bottled water I’m afraid! :laughing: I’m looking forward to the massage at the end as it’s one of the perks for all the Red Cross runners. :wink:

Only five weeks from today for the race - bricking it now! :smiley:

Good luck.