Calling all brexiteers please sign this if you aint already

Carryfast:

Rjan:
Oh Carryfast, you’ve truly gone beyond caricature! The “Saxon” model was one of constant external conquest due to abject weakness. You want to turn the economic clock back a thousand years, and turn the basic patterns of people’s lives upside down. You’re in Khmer Rouge territory.

No the Saxon model was what gave us England and our language and our English flag and the basis of of our society which the Franco Norman conquest didn’t entirely manage to destroy.

What a load of codswallop. We didn’t even have a flag in the Saxon period as far as I’m aware (certainly not today’s flag), and I suppose you’d even have complained about the Saxon monarch imposing on the independent English shires. Old English itself derives from the continent, the same other place as Norman French.

Which leaves the question do you also view the SNP as allied with my views ?.If so how can that be possible when they share your views on EU membership and foreign European rule.

The SNP is an ideological hotch-potch. I share a lot of their current views, except those relating to independence - and thankfully the Scots are of a similar opinion. Jesus, without the SNP we’d be without some of the most vigorous left-leaning MPs at Westminster! I’d probably have voted SNP myself in 2015 if they’d have fielded candidates down here! :laughing: