Autonomy on breafast TV

robroy:

Dr Damon:

Juddian:
Well you would get the concept UKTramp, you are after all a man who prefers working with us plebs…er exactly for what reason…is it so you can dazzle us with your achievements, impress us with your qualifications, or baffle us as to why you’re ■■■■■■■ about knocking up £30k a year on haulage ■■■■■■■■ when you could be ■■■■■■■ £250k a year by running your own consultancies and employing your own mechanics fixing the stuff your are apparently expert in.

More’s the point, why am i being drawn yet again into another bloody thread about some pie in the sky ■■■■■■■■ that isn’t going to happen for bloody years anyway and that, halleluja, almost no one here except for the one person here of several nom de plumes actually gives two [zb] about.

Oh dear Juddian has he done better than you? Remember you drove a car transporter. Now that is such a complicated job that not many can do. (or so you kept telling us) Time and time again.

:open_mouth: Think you’ve just lost a bit more sympathy there DrD.
Given that this is a forum for truckers, why come on here trivialising a driver’s profession ffs?
Ok driving a truck aint rocket science, and yeh maybe a lot of us could have done better in life, but to put a man down for doing a job in a lesser category of status and kudos than whatever line you are in, aint an attractive aspect of someone’s character mate. :bulb:

Not jumping in here just to stick up for Juddian btw, as I’m absolutely sure he is well capable of doing that himself.
I just don’t like those who look down their snouts at others. :bulb:

Listen I certainly do not come on here for sympathy but when I post anything about autonomous vehicles (which will and does include trucks) and I do drive trucks remember I get…read above…from Julian. Now that is what he believes and that is his perogitive but saying it is some pie in the sky ■■■■■■■■ that is not going to happen is complete and utter nonsense.

I am not trying to trivialise any lorry driver because that is basically my job and has been for many years and I never ever have looked down my nose at anyone.Probably exactly the opposite most of the time especially with some of the people I work with now.