Digi tachometer

Hello all
Been driving 28 years near about had the first digi tachometer for years that was ok
But now got a 63 plate merc with a different tachometer keep getting infringements for manual entries for end of last shift.also at the start of me shift put card in do manual entries for end of last shift but it has me down as 3.30hrs or so driving from the shift previous.
Hope that makes sense any help where I might some info

Cheers jeff

Hello you lot
Thanks for all the helpfull replies sorted now all it was i was using bed for daily weekly rest instead of the ? mark symbly thanks anyway

Ifonlyyouknew:
Hello you lot
Thanks for all the helpfull replies sorted now all it was i was using bed for daily weekly rest instead of the ? mark symbly thanks anyway

Sorry you never got any replies to your question, it is unusual :frowning:

Anyway I’m sorry to say that using the bed symbol for rest is not your problem, you should be using the bed symbol for daily and weekly rest periods, the ? is for time that cannot be accounted for.

The likelihood is that you’re inadvertently putting other work instead of rest for the daily/weekly rest periods, using the bed symbol definitely will not result in driving time being carried over to the next shift.

What tachograph are you using Siemens or Stoneridge ?

Siemens

Here’s a video on manual entries in the latest Siemens digital tachographs.

Siemens manual entries

Tachograph

It was originally posted in a read only forum I pm’d the OP ( not read the pm I sent him) and Mod Dave who eventually picked up his pm and moved it to this part of the forum for answers…

nick2008:
Tachograph

It was originally posted in a read only forum I pm’d the OP ( not read the pm I sent him) and Mod Dave who eventually picked up his pm and moved it to this part of the forum for answers…

That explains why the thread was missed then, the OP was lucky you saw it and got it moved :slight_smile:

Hello taco graph

I work nites usually take me card out 0401 to finish 0415.
Start 1900 put me card in
It says 0401 on top line
1900 on bottom line

I change mode to X scroll along date is ok weekdays. Change time from 1900 to 0415
Press ok.

on bottom line change mode to bed dates ok clock says 1900 press ok again ok and wait 15 mins

That should be rite I hope.

Cheers

That seems about right, when recording the rest period the top line will show the date and 04:15, the bottom line will show the bed symbol then the date and the times as 19:00.
Once you’ve recorded the rest period from 04:15 to 19:00 you press OK then press OK again to accept the manual entry, then put in the begin country and press OK.

I’m not sure what you mean by “wait 15 minutes”, if that’s time you’re allowing for vehicle checks you’ll need to check that the mode is on other work, then you’re done and hopefully no more infringements :wink:

You change the times so the whole process should look something like this:

Insert card
Entry Addition? … Yes
OK
M … 23.03.15 … 04:01
bed … 23.03.15 … 19:00
Change the bottom line so it looks like this ↓

M … 23.03.15 … 04:01
X …23.03.15 …04:15
OK
M … 23.03.15 … 04:15
Bed … 23.03.15 … 19:00
OK
Confirm Entry … Yes
OK
Begin country :UK
OK

The part in blue is the important part that should be checked closely
Needless to say you’ll need to change the dates after a weekly rest period.

Now if you’re waiting 15 minutes or whatever to do vehicle checks check that the mode is on other work.

Yes
The 15 mins for vehicle checks then aim good to go.
Me card only gets downloaded once a mounth so I’ll have to wait and hope it’s ok.
Thanks anyway.