Reacher hooks

Hi Guys

We purchased a couple of reacher hooks for lifting the straps over the top of the load and generally helping with reaching the straps without having to climb onto the truck body.

Although they do the job, they are quite expensive and “delicate” given the working environment - currently held together with jubilee clips. But they have proved their value. So …

I was in Sports direct recently and while the memsahib was engrossed in her favourite pastime, I was intrigued by the hooks they use to get t’shirts etc from the high rails !

One piece, no extending bits and plastic locks to break, all steel - simple hook on the end - perfect and judging by the construction far more robust and way cheaper !

Does anyone know where these can be purchased ■■?

I have looked but cannot find them - I’m sure one of you knows where there are shelves full of these awaiting pickup !

Thanks guys

Decca

Boathook ? or get a length of 10mm round bar and bend a hook and handle ( one at each end )

painter and decorators roller pole,extendable. then bung a bent nail in instead of the roller…

Necessity is the mother of all invention :slight_smile:

Extendable decorators pole as above, fit cheap square Ali shelf bracket from b&q to top - this slides nicely into the back end of a TV aerial, so you can watch telly when you park up :slight_smile:

Drain rods the plastic type use the squiddly end to hook the strap,then unscrew and stow away. :wink: :slight_smile:

I have been pulling flats delivering pallets stacked 18 high. I have bought a heavy duty decorators pole for £15.00 from the local DIY shop (the one with two letters and lots of orange). I fixed a small shelf bracket to the end with cable ties and it works a treat. Ideal for centering the straps on the pallets or hooking off a short throw.

a small drone. does the job plus a bit of fun at the same time. Perfect.

dhgate.com/

If I remember correctly, you can buy them in special shops for cleaning companies or garbage collectors. Alternatively, you can buy these from time to time in certain discount stores.