Cellulitis

Anyone on here suffers or has suffered from this?

Any advice on what meds or ointment to take to relieve the pain and discomfort would be greatly received…

Thanks in advance…

Thetaff2:

Any advice on what meds or ointment to take to relieve the pain and discomfort would be greatly received…

Thanks in advance…

Rob K and myself have had a huge thread for a couple of years. Mine flared up again in 2012 and it was bloody awful over Christmas, luckilly I seem to have it under control again, but it took daily bandaging and iodine swabs to stop the bleeding. I was threatened with having a leg off and have since lost 3 stone and kept both legs. It isnt just a fat mans disease but it doesnt help.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=71952&hilit=cellulitis

Thanks for that.

go to hospital as it can easly kill you, i had it a couple off years ago and again as said i nearly lost my leg and my LIFE on xmas day 2011.

get it looked at the hospital and they will give enough tablet to last a lifetime.

Hi Thetaff2, you need to get yourself down to the hospital asap. Cellulitis is very serious and can be life threatening if not treated early enough :exclamation:
I had it in my right leg in the late 90’s and spent 10 days in hospital on IV anti-biotics, my wife, Michelle got it in her ankles at Xmas 2011 but was scared of hospital so she went and got some anti-biotics from the Dr’s and did this a couple of times until the infection had spread throughout her body by then it was too late and 4 days after dragging her to the hospital she was dead :open_mouth: :cry:

(quote) Haven’t been on here or t’internet in general since Xmas/New Year time as my wife became unwell with Cellulitus and a bleeding ulcer and was admitted to hospital 3 weeks ago. You always think people go into hospital to recover and get well but things haven’t worked out like that and Michelle passed away at 0412 on Friday 3rd Feb; She was only 33, My head is completely in bits. (quote)

Regards
Dave Penn;

As everyone else has said, Get to your doctor or a hospital!

I spent 48 hours in hospital with this a few years ago, IV antibiotics are needed followed by a couple of weeks on oral antibiotics !

Thetaff2:

Thanks in advance…

See your doc asap or if it’s already very painful, shiny skin, red/purple tinge then get an emergency appointment and tell them you think it’s cellulitis. I’m the sort of person that doesn’t like to make a fuss when it comes to ailments so brushed it off as just being an insect bite that had flared up and a bottle of tabs from the doc would soon have it sorted. What actually happened was the doc had a very concerned look on his face and called an ambulance for me to get me in Jimmy’s asap :open_mouth: . 2 hours later I was laid up in a hospital bed on an IV drip :open_mouth: where I remained for the next fortnight :open_mouth: If it’s already got a good hold then your doc won’t have any meds strong enough to kill it as it’s like the SAS of the lurgy world, you’ll need to go to hospital and get hooked up with an IV drip. Don’t ignore it thinking it will go away on its own because it won’t. :open_mouth:

Just been to the docs with mine, she is ever so pleased although she has given me more Fucibet and I have about 3 litres of Hibiscrub which doctors normally use to scrub up with. I bathe my legs in that and then use Diprobase as a barrier against germs.

I have spent the last 6 months in elastic bandages, not stockings.

The last crusty scab fell off on Friday and left my skin like a baby’s bum :smiley:

I spent a week in Ashford hospital with cellulitis in my leg. They drew a line around the red rash which was spreading up my leg from my foot. I was put on a drip with antibiotics and put in quarantine in a room on my own 220 miles from home. :frowning:
I think they were worried about septicaemia taking hold and finishing me off!
It came back a year later but I managed to stay out of hospital that time.
Its really not to be messed with or taken lightly.
Get it sorted

Hi mine came back again Friday knocked me for 6 this time sleeping all the time, during fri night got bad pain in left ankle skin tight and hot knew then what it was, straight to out of hour’s doc’s got flucloxacillin 500mg hope these work leg not good but better than some cheer’s bob

blackbox:
Hi mine came back again Friday knocked me for 6 this time sleeping all the time, during fri night got bad pain in left ankle skin tight and hot knew then what it was, straight to out of hour’s doc’s got flucloxacillin 500mg hope these work leg not good but better than some cheer’s bob

I have also had a recurrence but this time we didn’t bandage them up, just used stronger antibiotics and a wash solution. The skin is so badly damaged it never recovers sufficiently and new skin cannot grow in its place. I now take a daily water tablet to keep it under control but if I knock my leg or the dog jumps up it bursts open again. My friends dad died at Christmas through this thing even though they had removed both legs to stop it.

The hospital suspect it was Staph which triggered it