Lgv revoked failed what next?

Hi feeling devastated just had my lgv revoked 25yrs on the road gone in the swipe of a pen. My cardiologist recommended I keep my licence as my condition controlled angina had not changed since 2008 when originally diagnosed. He says i can appeal but is relucant to carry out stent surgery just to get back an lgv licence. This is my livelihood and I feel the DVLA are not jsutified. What do I do next? What about appeal to mags court, what is the procedure and is it expensiv?. Am trying to get other work but there is not a lot out there I am 57yrs old. Any help appreciated
Thanks

As far as I know the DVLA medical section are a law unto themselves !!

Supplying evidence from experts to the DVLA is the only way to reverse a decision I think

Has the DVLA sent you to one of their approved medical places to accertain exactly what your condition is ?

Have been on the treadmill test arranged by the DVLA last year the consultant I saw also did an angiogram and recommended I keep my licence as my condition had not changed since original diagnosis in 2008. I did fail the treadmill according to the DVLA dispitr my consultants report. This has been going on since July 2012 and i have been driving on a temporary cover note from the DVLA until they finally gave me their decision in that time I could have been dangerous on the road according to their revoking my licence, doesnt make sense. Should I appeal to magistrates court?
Ta

hello ma friend i to have angina i passed treadmill after having 2 stents fitted also having a heart attack on the table during the procedure .i am 51 years old this happened 2 years ago i hope i can hold on to my hgv but its always a worry every examination or review could be your last .can you not take the treadmill test again that and a letter from your consultant should suffice it did with me .i wish you luck and good health which is the most important thing.your experience will always be good for you no matter which job you have be positive dont give up ok

I’ve just had my HGV licence revoked because of the pain medication I was prescribed for a back problem. I’m off the meds now and if I give a clean blood sample in 90 days I get it back. Don’t give up :slight_smile:

I had my heart attack 16 years ago had stents fitted 8 years ago I’m 65 and don’t want to finish work yet ( don’t want to sit and watch Jeremy Kyle) mine runs out in November so I will need to undergo the treadmill again what makes me laugh is that it is the same test for me at 65 as it is for someone who is 35 I just hope my legs can do it I spoke to DVLA about this and they said there is another test should I not be able to do the treadmill .They inject a dye into your veins to check for narrowing of the arteries on a TV screen. I spoke to my boss about the likelihood of me losing my entitlement to drive hgv he said don’t worry about it we can put you into a 7.5 so you can carry on if you wish. A little bit of something is better than the whole of nothing. :wink:

kenmark:
Hi feeling devastated just had my lgv revoked 25yrs on the road gone in the swipe of a pen. My cardiologist recommended I keep my licence as my condition controlled angina had not changed since 2008 when originally diagnosed. He says i can appeal but is relucant to carry out stent surgery just to get back an lgv licence. This is my livelihood and I feel the DVLA are not jsutified. What do I do next? What about appeal to mags court, what is the procedure and is it expensiv?. Am trying to get other work but there is not a lot out there I am 57yrs old. Any help appreciated
Thanks

Big Joe has posted on here of his battles with DVLA over similar issues, maybe pm him.

kenmark:
Have been on the treadmill test arranged by the DVLA last year the consultant I saw also did an angiogram and recommended I keep my licence as my condition had not changed since original diagnosis in 2008. I did fail the treadmill according to the DVLA dispitr my consultants report. This has been going on since July 2012 and i have been driving on a temporary cover note from the DVLA until they finally gave me their decision in that time I could have been dangerous on the road according to their revoking my licence, doesnt make sense. Should I appeal to magistrates court?
Ta

Go see your GP, and get referred to another Consultant if the one you are seeing is not helping…my licence was removed for life for Lgv, but car unaffected ?
The treadmill test is crap…i have a good consultant , get the angiogram done with the dye and your GP/ consultant can help, its not nice but the results may be more usefull than the treadmill, and stents are an easy fix if narrowing arteries are the problem…unfortunately my problems are far worse!
Keep fighting , get your GP on your side, most are helpful !
I am sat at home bored stiff at 50 !..i am lucky my missus is a doctor and helps with Allsorts of info and access to better consultants . Shame I am knackered .

And the idiots at Dvla medical can even stop you driving a7.5 tonner as well !!!

Brian J:
I spoke to my boss about the likelihood of me losing my entitlement to drive hgv he said don’t worry about it we can put you into a 7.5 so you can carry on if you wish. A little bit of something is better than the whole of nothing. :wink:

don’t bank on it, as they’ll have that aswell! since the licences changed and the C1 is classed as a vocational it will be removed along with your C and C+E… also if you have a D, D+E or D1, they’ll go too! even the not for hire or reward D1 will be removed!

im not wanting to be a mongerer of doom, but ive seen it happen!

Cheers

B…

Bungle666:

Brian J:
I spoke to my boss about the likelihood of me losing my entitlement to drive hgv he said don’t worry about it we can put you into a 7.5 so you can carry on if you wish. A little bit of something is better than the whole of nothing. :wink:

don’t bank on it, as they’ll have that aswell! since the licences changed and the C1 is classed as a vocational it will be removed along with your C and C+E… also if you have a D, D+E or D1, they’ll go too! even the not for hire or reward D1 will be removed!

Correct,
Yep, got my letter today. C1 , C1+ e …both gone along with C , C+ E. its true !

No point tarting up the old girl now as I wont be able to drive her to any shows.
Aint life a [ zb] sometimes !
No point in arguing it either, My friend the consultant says I stand no chance and in reality I know he is rght I cannot climb a flight of stairs now without having to sit down.

Keep well lads and healthy because having the rug pulled from under you like this wrecks you whole life and makes you realise just how fragile we really are.

3 wheeler:

Bungle666:

Brian J:

Correct,
Yep, got my letter today. C1 , C1+ e …both gone along with C , C+ E. its true !

No point tarting up the old girl now as I wont be able to drive her to any shows.
Aint life a [ zb] sometimes !
No point in arguing it either, My friend the consultant says I stand no chance and in reality I know he is rght I cannot climb a flight of stairs now without having to sit down.

Keep well lads and healthy because having the rug pulled from under you like this wrecks you whole life and makes you realise just how fragile we really are.

ahhh that ■■■■■ mate :frowning: sorry to hear that :frowning:

all the best fella :slight_smile:

B…