shower or bath

like most trampers I try and get a shower every day if possible,sometimes if not its out with the bowl and a strip wash and wet wipes as required each day.
But when I get home at the weekend I like nothing better than a long soak in a hot bath, to me its more relaxing and soaks away the aches and pains of the week than having a shower,
if its been a really hard week I sometimes take a trip down to my local sauna and sweat the week away, just wondering how you guys and girls try to unwind after a long week on the road :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

A shower freshens you up a bit but it doesn’t get you clean, you can have a shower on a Friday afternoon and then a bath when you get home and the bath water will still be filthy, it’s a bit like soaking the dishes :wink:

bath everytime

bigbeefy:
bath everytime

Stuff that, I’m on a water meter :smiley:

Shower - I don’t want to soak in my own filth :wink:

Harry Monk:
A shower freshens you up a bit but it doesn’t get you clean, you can have a shower on a Friday afternoon and then a bath when you get home and the bath water will still be filthy…

It sounds to me like you require some lessons on how to wash yourself. Showers are far more hygienic than stewing in your own filth. :wink:

As my dear wife pointed out to me when we first met… Baths clean you but you are then sitting in your own filth, so a shower is needed after the bath to wash the crap off :exclamation:
Thinking about it I realised how right she was … she always is right … she told me that :wink:

You’d have to be a bit of a minger for the bath water to absorb enough smeg that it would leave dirt on you when you get out.

I havent got a bath at home , only a shower…stopped at a premier lodge in Manchester last week for a few days , checked in , went to room and it was shower only…straight back to reception…upgraded to familly room at no extra cost…10 mins later soaking in a lovely hot steaming bath…pure bliss.

Pat Hasler:
As my dear wife pointed out to me when we first met… Baths clean you but you are then sitting in your own filth, so a shower is needed after the bath to wash the crap off :exclamation:
Thinking about it I realised how right she was … she always is right … she told me that :wink:

thanx for posting my Thoughts.
You could also do a bit Baking Soda ins Bath water.Kills from Fungus to Bakeries nearly everything on the Skin,and souks Azid out of body too

Saunas are great for getting properly clean, any grease or dirt that you’ve got in your pores comes out without having to scrub your skin off. Also loosens up dead skin so if you have a good scrub when you get out you’ll go as soft as a baby’s arse. :smiley: