Thanks Doc, you just saved me £500!

well folks, am I glad i never wasted my money on any of this DCPC rubbish. Huh, not for me spending days bored stiff in some classroom while some clown tries to teach me to ■■■■ eggs, I’m outta there!
Had a nice conversation with my doctor on friday, I have stomach cancer that is advanced and spreading to other organs and is beyond cure, and he estimated i have between 6 and 12 months left. I take great delight in thumbing my nose at the JAUPT, VOSA, EU commissioners etc, you don’t catch me!
Seriously folks, it came as a bit of a shock. I knew I had stomach cancer, but they thought it might be operable, however it has started to spread, got an agressive course of chemo coming up to give me as long as possible, and i intend to enjoy the rest of my life. No wailing and moaning for me, so I will be ceasing my driving career very soon, will be too busy enjoying myself!
I will continue to write my stories on my blog, hope you will read and enjoy them. and i intend to complete my book about growing up in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s in my own humourous style, which will be serialised on my blog
Just a few words of advice, those of you that smoke, STOP IT, those that eat junk food, STOP IT, it really isn’t worth it when you have to tell your children that you will be leaving them soon.
I don’t need sympathy, but if anyone has a ticket at Old Trafford going spare… :wink:

Jeez… Sorry to hear that. So, what’s on your “bucket list” of things to do while you still can?

Roymondo:
Jeez… Sorry to hear that. So, what’s on your “bucket list” of things to do while you still can?

Japanese twins, the big breasted blonde from the local tesco express, ex wifes younger sister, daughters best mate (steady on, shes in her 30’s!)!
Visit Friends in Russia, Switzerland and Belgium first, while i can still travel, then I’ve never been to the very north of scotland, would like to see the northern lights one more time, as many trips to Old Trafford as I can afford or scrounge, finish off the book i started 2 years ago and many other small things that pop into my mind, like visiting Duxford, and watching the last vulcan perform. Small things, but no good planning anything i can’t afford or won’t have the chance to do.

Bloody Hell Jon, that one came out of the blue. I have enjoyed your blog and our debates on the professional chat line for a while.

That is one hell of a medical, go on and spend the kids inheritance, no sympathy, just quiet thoughts for now :frowning:

Wheel Nut:
Bloody Hell Jon, that one came out of the blue. I have enjoyed your blog and our debates on the professional chat line for a while.

That is one hell of a medical, go on and spend the kids inheritance, no sympathy, just quiet thoughts for now :frowning:

watch me wind those buggers up now! :smiley:

Well you don’t want sympathy, but I like your attitude so have a blast

deleted.

Already planned what i want on my headstone
“I knew i shouldn’t have eaten at THAT Burger van!”
music at my funeral is a toss up between Convoy, convoy UK or Driving a truck with my high heels on, but if anyone has any better suggestions for either the music, or the ingraving, feel free to post! :laughing:
Don’t want to offend anyone, just my way of coping with things is to make light of the situation, as they say, laughter is the best medicine!

Enjoy what time you have left. All the best.
Ade.

truckerjon:
music at my funeral is a toss up between Convoy, convoy UK or Driving a truck with my high heels on, but if anyone has any better suggestions for either the music, or the ingraving, feel free to post! :laughing:
Don’t want to offend anyone, just my way of coping with things is to make light of the situation, as they say, laughter is the best medicine!

My kids are going to have "Sleep when Im dead " Bon Jovi & "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead " played at mine

Go enjoy as much as you can while you can oh & never lose that sense of humour

truckerjon:

Roger Miller - King of the Road

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Paint your Wagon

Tombstone Jon.JPG

Eulogy

Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what’s to be,
A resting place along the road,
To sweet eternity

We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all were meant to learn some things,
But never mean to stay…

Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey’s quicker,
For some the journey’s slow.

And when the journey finally ends,
We’ll make a great step forward,
And find an everlasting peace,
As our special reward.

Sorry to hear that one of my best mates also a driver has exactly the same age 47 hope you do as much as possible in the time you have.

kr79:
Sorry to hear that one of my best mates also a driver has exactly the same age 47 hope you do as much as possible in the time you have.

Sorry for your friend kr79

truckerjon:

hey ring of fire always gets everyone laughing but convoy going in is a good one !!
after all they will all be following you rubber duck!!!

legin66:

truckerjon:

hey ring of fire always gets everyone laughing but convoy going in is a good one !!
after all they will all be following you rubber duck!!!

The Jam going underground is a classic.

or “Feeling hot hot hot” if it’s a cremation.

Yep! Im still here, been hit for 6 by a liver problem and a virus, but slowly getting a bit stronger, keep the faith guys

Hope your keeping well truckerjon.

truckerjon:

i rather fancy the theme from top gear as i go through the curtain…this could be the start of a interesting thread

Smoke gets in your eyes? :open_mouth:
Road to hell? :smiling_imp:

truckerjon:

Brilliant - I think I’ve eaten at that van too :open_mouth: :laughing:

Sorry to hear that crappy news mate, sounds like you’ve got the right idea - get out there and enjoy the time left :grimacing: