Bunged up ear

One ear 100% and the other muffled, after a cold. Any suggestions for declogging please? Have tried olive oil, and nutmeg oil. Also have tried holding my nose and mouth closed and blowing. Arggghhhh !! Pardon?

Sounds like an ear infection mate I usually leave them and if you end up sleeping too much and in pain then get yourself off to the quacks because the only thing that will shift it is antibiotics. Be careful what you are doing because it can knock your balance out. Oh and no flying it can burst your eardrum with the pressure.

Sounds to me as though you have an Inner Ear infection(Otitis Media).
Olive oil, nutmeg oil or even engine oil will not help, you NEED to see your Doctor PDQ to get antibiotics.
This is the only way you will get your ears better.
Let it go too long, and the infection will get worse, you could end up with complications.
One good side, you won’t be able to hear your other half nagging you, or the RDC staff giving you their lame excuses.

Crumbs ladytrucker and Dratsabasti… I’d better not go delivering any Cadbury’s Milk Tray this week then had I?
<<<< crosses off ‘to do’ list (1) scaling mountains (2) diving from high altitudes (3) parachute jumping.
Seriously 'though, thank you both for replying. I don’t think it’s reached an infection stage yet. It’s more likely to be as a result of a virul infection after afore mentioned cough and cold, mostly because my balance is fine (as I type this, I have four seals and a bunch of bananas balanced on a broom handle on the end of my nose while I look upawards to paint the ceiling) and it is not painful.

I’ll give it a few more days to see if it clears, and then I’ll go and see my G.P. if it doesn’t.

Thank you both once again (seriously)

I just wish you would change the title, I cannot help reading it as Bunged up Rear :blush:

Its my age

runaroundtel:
I don’t think it’s reached an infection stage yet. It’s more likely to be as a result of a virul infection after afore mentioned cough and cold, (seriously)

If it is, as you think, the result of a viral infection, then it is an infection, go and see your doctor, NOW

runaroundtel:
Crumbs ladytrucker and Dratsabasti… I’d better not go delivering any Cadbury’s Milk Tray this week then had I?
<<<< crosses off ‘to do’ list (1) scaling mountains (2) diving from high altitudes (3) parachute jumping.
Seriously 'though, thank you both for replying. I don’t think it’s reached an infection stage yet. It’s more likely to be as a result of a virul infection after afore mentioned cough and cold, mostly because my balance is fine (as I type this, I have four seals and a bunch of bananas balanced on a broom handle on the end of my nose while I look upawards to paint the ceiling) and it is not painful.

I’ll give it a few more days to see if it clears, and then I’ll go and see my G.P. if it doesn’t.

Thank you both once again (seriously)

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nature took its course… without antibiotics. I don’t want to take any more of these things without very good cause. I persisted with a simple ear wax removing oil, followed the instructions, and with patience, my ear is fine.
However, I now have one ear that looks perfectly ok, and the other is pointed…
lol… Nah.
Thanks all for replying.