Single at christmas

It hasn`t bothered me all year but the party season is upon us and my girl friends are shopping for outfits while I am covered in grease or listening to my collegues (who I think the world of) talk about the totty in the offices. The lady drivers here seem live happily with men that seem proud of their spouses occupation and thats great but tramping lost me my marriage and now I’m to be one of the lads for evermore. Sorry everyone I’m just feeling sorry for myself, its just that because I’m not throwing myself at everybody they think I’m either gay or out of bounds because I’m a driver. It would just be nice to dress up and go out and not be embarassed because everybody knows the horse rider or the driver, I am lucky that I am respected at work but just because I can change a fuse and read a map dosn’t mean that I can’t work a lipstick. :frowning: :frowning:
Lindsey. :frowning:

Hi Ladytrucker,sad post,I always believed Xmas to be a sad time of year coz my nan died,which upset me mum ect.This year however I was given the greatest prezzy ever,a gorgeous grandson,who is now 3 months old,speaks three languages and has a degree in nuclear physics(joking about the gorgeous).I hope to make this and his next and his next ect. the happiest possible.Kindest regards Jamie.
PS If your in the Banbury area over Xmas(M40-M1 link)pop in I will happilly supply the mince-pies and coffee(driving)the price will be expensive,at least thirty minutes worth of photos of afformentioned grandson.Have a great christmas,Jamie.

I know how you mean Ladytrucker. I just lost my job and my boyfriend in under 24 hours the other week. I’m devastated. It’s not easy for a woman on the road, especially tramping.
Back to agency work, but I know what you mean. All the men discuss “Totty” in our earshot, but none of them think to ask if you’re available. I just tend to disappear into a little shell, and get on with the job to take my mind off it all. After all, a truck doesn’t walk out on you without warning.

Allison - ex-tramper

Not really in the same league but this year will be the first that we won’t have all our immediate nuclear family together over Christmas. My son is 21 and this year he will be spending his holiday with his female penfriends family…in the US of A, though I expect a phone call will be made ( from this end if not that end).

As a father I’m glad that he has the spirit of adventure, and the get up and go, to do these things but am also reminded that my wife and I will soon be spending more and more time with our own company.

This year will be hard on my 13 year old daughter as one of her best friends, also 13, died this year so I will be giving her a bit more time than past years. Of course this may well change when any grandchildren arrive.

How about we all share a toast, silent if need be, for those of our colleagues on their own when we sit down to have our dinners with our own families, however extended they may be?

There will always be some of us on here if anyone feels a bit down :slight_smile:

Well I can’t see this year being any different to others anyway :slight_smile:

cheers
STEVE.

:smiley: How about a dating forum■■? Just a thought, well Ill throw in my pennys woth on this topic. Last year Iwas in the Royal Victoria Hospital spinal unit suffering from a fractured spine. It was very lonely, and i began questioning my partners loyalties to me because she wanted to go out and party, and i was stuck in a side ward on my own. I got very bitter towards her over the festive period which I now feel ashamed and rather embarrased about. It wasnt just Xmas for me, but for her , her family , her friends and the rest of the world in fact so this year im making the most, We are expecting our first child, Im going back on the road full time very soon and the wedding plans are well under way so anyone feeling lonely, there is always light at the end of the tunnel(or road).

festive regards

kev!

Well, girls, dont think your alone, coz theres lenty of people out there, that will be alone this xmas. I, being one of them. Okay, so we have got family around us, but its not like having some one to hold and say merry xmas to, then just cuddle and hug…
:blush:
sigh… as Mudd said…“It’ll be lonely this xmas… with out you to hold…”

well, keep ya chins up girls, and all those guys out ther too. Next year is a whole new year :confused: , and to tell you the truth??, it cant be any worse than this year… believe me…

im on my own as well this year, Last year I was with my g/f but this year she is away to Portsmouth to spend christmas with her family. :frowning: I could have went as well but decided not to as I would like to spend the time with my own family who hardly see me when im working. I will look forward to Jan 3rd when she comes back home. Ive made sure ive got the day off for her going away and coming back as I dont like the idea of me driving on the same motorway as her :wink:

and to top it off Im working on the 24th on a Citylink service to Inverness. I usualy spend the night there but this time Im coming straight back down after having my rest and something to eat, Only problem is my Depot wont be open when I get back home so will need to find somewhere to park a coach close to home, My Driveway is not big enough for it!

anyway, Home you guys/girls enjoy your xmas,

(p.s please excuse me if I missed the total point of this thread by about 20 miles, Im a little tired :slight_smile:)

:slight_smile: I can’t thank you all enough for your kindness when I’m thinking realistically I think of our fellow drivers that are imprisoned abroad, I think of the families of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman having to listen to the terrible details of the trial, and I think of the condolence book :cry: :cry: and I am embarassed at my self indulgance :blush: . Allikat I am really sorry to hear about your troubles I am trying to think of a way to thank you for your solidarity and give you hope but your situation is so familiar to me that when I think back all I can remember is emptyness and devestation, then anger then you notice the support from the friends around you and you pull through if you want to e-mail me, please let me know it would be great to chat and thank you for helping me to put things into perspective. LOL :laughing: :laughing:
Jamie361
I’m running north at the moment but when I’m down your way I would love a coffee and mince pie’s. I was overwhelmed at your reply thank you so much, please give my love to your family, they are very lucky people :stuck_out_tongue:
And to you all, when you come home to an empty flat after spending 12 hours alone in a truck wrestling with bad weather, serious congestion and managers :open_mouth: what you need is a can of beer and Trucknet uk thank you all for your kindness and companionship and if anyone is alone over christmas, I’ll meet you in the chat room. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :smiley:

I can remember a lot of very lonely Christmas’s in the past, having beans on toast for diner

I have been one my own for 11yrs now only the kids for company now that they are 16 (well 12 dec) and 14, only have my family with the exception of one (John Vasey) was hoping he could be here but the French say diffrent

So I know what you mean

Call any time for coffee the kettle works, if you get that far north Gateshead or Birtly truck stop no problem

There are times when you are in a relationship that you could wish to be alone at Christmas , i have known the feeling of the beans on toast and i have also been in relationship , This Christmas there are 2 people more important than any thoughts i have for myself and they are my children.

God bless anyone who whether alone or not may you just rejoice in happiness and celibtate the birth of Jesus Christ.

Edited by TruckNet UK… not the time or place for such sentiments

yep i know what you mean lady trucker can get to this time of year espcially as all my mates are spoken for im left on mi own :frowning: :unamused: as for the dating serivce hows anyone gona meat up if there down the road :wink: