Type 1 Diabetes

Does anyone on here have Type 1 Diabetes and still hold/use a current HGV License, or am i right in thinking that Type 1 is an instant loss of License??

If you do have Type 1, can it be treated without injection of insulin, or is that the only way to treat it??

Cheers for any help??

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, its just something thta came up in a conversation earlier that i need to clarify.

RECENT DISCUSSION ON THE SUBJECT

ROG:
RECENT DISCUSSION ON THE SUBJECT

The information that ROG has linked you to is type 2 diabetes which won’t be much help to you I’m afraid and as far as I am aware type 1 diabetes is a case of your licence being pulled in all but the most exeptional circumstances. Lucy will know more when she gets back this weekend, I will make sure this thread comes to her attention. :wink:

Yep, I’m afraid at the moment Type 1 Diabetes is a licence loser. :cry:

It has been the subject of a great deal of campaigning for many years, and has just been reviewed once again, but the current law stands.

I believe some countries on the Continent allow you to keep a full LGV licence, however…(Although you would have to check).

Sorry I can’t be more positive. :cry:

Lucy:
Yep, I’m afraid at the moment Type 1 Diabetes is a licence loser. :cry:

It has been the subject of a great deal of campaigning for many years, and has just been reviewed once again, but the current law stands.

I believe some countries on the Continent allow you to keep a full LGV licence, however…(Although you would have to check).

Sorry I can’t be more positive. :cry:

Thanks a lot Lucy, that clarifies the situation for me…