Help for my disabled cousin

i didnt know where to put this so i have put it in the PDF, but if a mod wants to move it then feel free

this is a short news clipping about my cousin Daniel
Danny’s Story

I am after some help finding a Funfair Roundabout for my cousin. As you will see from the link above Daniel didn’t have the best start in life and my aunty and uncle have tried to do everything they can to make his life more fun.

To cut the story short they had difficulties during the home birth and had been fighting the case against the NHS for about 12 years and as you can see finally won in December 2006 and were awarded £4.75Million. They bought a bungalow in 2007 to make it easier to get about and so Danny’s full time carer can live with them and give my aunty and uncle a break. During 2007, just before they were due to move in the bungalow got flooded and they had to stay at their old house which luckily had failed to sell. While the refurbishment was going on the original contractors got wind of the settlement and (from what I can make out) basically ripped them off (I can’t go into too much detail as it is going through the courts) so they finally got it sorted and got themselves an honest contractor to refurbish the house and finally moved in about 3 months ago. Now that they have the flood defences sorted for the bungalow my uncle is doing a lot to help Daniel have a good life and he wants to get hold of a small funfair roundabout as Daniel will never get to go on one like the other kids so he wants to buy one and adapt it so he can wheel Daniel on it in his chair and strap him down and off he goes round and round and enjoy himself.

Does anyone know where they might be able to get one? He has already seen one in West Lothian on eBay (Ebay Roundabout) but if you see any on your travels or know where he might get one can you please note the phone number/location and let me know.

many thanks in advance folks

There’s loads of places that hire those things out (Google comes up with at least 20 or so in England) , I’d suggest giving them a call and asking if they know any for sale.

One of them is bound to know of one in a barn or something somewhere.

Best of luck in your search mate.

Alex

a quick question alex… what did you put in google?

i had a look and couldnt find any, im obviously putting the wrong words in!

“mini funfair roundabout”

It comes up with a good few hits for hire companies at least.
Alex

This should probably be in the health and family forum,

But i will leave it in here for a couple days as you will probably get more views in here, then move it, hopefully someone will be able to help

Thanks Rikki :wink: :wink:

I might be able to point you in the right direction but these rides come in all shapes and sizes and it’s not just a case of buying one and putting it up and away you go,
Is it only going to be used for Danny if there are likely to be other children on it you will then need public liability insurance
Are you thinking of a hand turned one or electric if electric you will need a 110v power supply as this is what the majority of these rides use
Another thing you will need if other children are going on it is a saftey test these come in three parts electrical if needed NDT which is a wear and tear test on all the metal parts and a general saftey test which is the overall ride these test’s can only be carried out by an ADIPS tester
these rides can only be operated by someone over the age of 18
The ride will also have to be suitable for him to be supported in also there is the size a small type roundabout would probably not be suitable as some only take children up to a certain size .
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Juvinile-Octopus-Fairground-Ride
this is the only one one I can find at the mo which I don’t think would be suitable as there is not much support
I do have other sources of info on where to get rides ect so if I can be anymore help let me know

another thing some are trailer mounted and you cannot tow these with just a normal car they are too heavy some are build up from scratch so will need a lorry or large trailer to collect or store in

A Little known weekly (or Monthly) Newspaper is available from WH Smiths called “Worlds Fair” or something very similar to that.

It’s a newspaper aimed at the Showmen who travel around the UK and if I think rightly is out on a saturday, it also includes a good classified section where showmen sell their machines etc.

Before you get too excited Lol, I must admit is is over 6 years ago since I bought a copy but it does list suppliers of everything from Toy prizes up to the big wheel etc. It used to be called Worlds Fair and Market Trader but I know the Market Trader became a publication of its own on a monthly basis some 6 years ago.

Doh !!! Just done a google and hey guess what worldsfair.co.uk/

If he cant get a decent one from there he best give up :wink:

Giblsa,

I just called a fair ground owner for you who buys old gensets from us, he will have a look out for you , but recommended that you talk to the guy’s below. They have access to loads of rides and he says they will do you a cracking deal if you explain what its for.

ridetraders.com/

Good Luck!!

This is why , we have the best site.
A person puts up a question, and within
a short time tips, information, etc comes
pouring in, Rikki you, and all those who
helped start this forum, and that goes
also for all the members ,
A BIG WELL DONE, long may it continue
@gisba best of luck with your search
for the roud-about for your cousin.

im iin the funfair trade
try putting a message on fun-fairs.co.uk/forum/

i do know of a little roundabout for sale not sure how much he wants for it as last time i spoke to the fella he wanted a grand which included rent for 28 weeks at a boot sale

is there not any carnies near you ? as they would have contacts.