Age differences

ok, lets get it in the open. my partner is a LOT younger and contiues to let me know that age is only a number! she tells me that i shouldn’t worry what people say or think and that is only jealousy!!! who for? any tips on how to stay younger for longer. any tips on how to have a successful relationship with someone who is the same age as your eldest child■■? life is never easier but sometimes the curve ball it throws is bloody good.

there’s 12 years between my girlfriend and myself.
if it feels good for you stuff what anyone else thinks.
its your life, live it.

my philosophy on life is

we don’t stop playing because we get old
we get old because we stop playing

you are as young or as old as you feel. if you and your girl are happy then stuff everyone else. WTF has it got to do with them?

enjoy life together. you don’t get a second chance, it is no dress rehearsal

My other half is 23 years older than me and oddly in July we had been together for 23 years. I met him when I was 21 and he was 44 in 1985.

There’s been the usual ups and downs, but age hasn’t been the issue. You either get on with someone long term or you don’t. We have broadly similar opinions on politics religion and the world and we have joint interests that we pursue together, but we both have friends and interests that we pursue independent of eah other. That’s the nearest I can get to a recipe for success.

Good luck

14 years gap here. I can only agree with what’s already been said. Sod 'em. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eleven years between me and Mrs. Iggy.

It’s never been an issue.

Im 8 years older than my mrs, and we have been togehter nearly 24 years, so it dont make a difference.

7 years between me and mrs p - never been an issue :wink:

You`re only as old as the woman you feel :laughing:

Im 40 if theres any 18-22 year olds out there who want to prove it works let me know :wink:.

We will see what happens after the first night :wink:;).

Hubby is ten years younger than me but we never think about it.
Its how you feel inside that counts.

yep sod em , My wife is 9 years younger and we have been married
now 28years , with ups and downs, but that is what life is about.

brit pete:
yep sod em , My wife is 9 years younger and we have been married
now 28years , with ups and downs, but that is what life is about.

Hi, Wife’s point of view here!
I’m 17 yrs younger than my hubby, we have been together 3 yrs and we’ve been through marriages before each with a partner of our own age which didn’t work out!

We met through a mutual friend and just clicked, yes my hubby does have issues with the age thing, but me, I never think about it. (he’s 49 and I’m 32)
I think personally it’s all about who you are and not how old you are!!
If you gel then you gel.
Age is just a number and should not be a problem in any relationship!!

I’ve heard all the ‘ oh, isn’t he a bit old for you?’ crap and to be perfectly honest as we women mature a bit quicker than you men, to me we are on the same level.

We share the same views in life, the same interest’s and have similar needs and wants.
We do get on better than most couples that are closer in age!!
As for anyone who is in the same boat with doubts, remember this!!

‘ YOU ARE ONLY AS OLD AS THE WOMAN YOU ARE FEELING’

As long as you are happy who gives a toss!!

Be happy and keep the love flowing!!

When I was a teenager I lusted after older women, Billie Whitelaw, Mai Zetterling etc. although 40 seemed to be my ideal :unamused: but, as my wife points out, I had to wait till I was 40 myself before I got round to actually bedding one - her. That was when we eloped to Italy in an F89. :laughing:
Now I’m 65, and 90 year olds don’t quite seem to hold the same attraction somehow. Mind you I still find the over 40s the most attractive. Good job I didn’t take the plunge in 1960 though. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
I think that in the later years age can be an issue. Our 80 year old friend is intensely jealous because he thinks his 65 year old wife has a ‘thing’ for me. :open_mouth: There is nothing in it but it does make things a little uncomfortable knowing what he thinks. :cry: