Joyriders, no insurance and ruined lives?

last december i had the misfortune to have my first ever serious accident. AND NOT IN A TRUCK!!! after finally getting my car on the road and paid for on a friday, a joyous young git side rammed me at over 50mph on the following tuesday. no license no insurance and no bloody sense. the upshot over all this is after recent check up they have taken my heavy licenses off me, and my 7.5 and even my motor cycle, however gracefully leaving the car entitlement intact? any sense in it? not allowed to drive anything over car size? ok, i sort of understand but why is it ok to drive a vehicle capable of 150 mph and not something restricted to 55mph? any ideas. p.s. the motor insurance bureau are sorting it out.

sorry to hear this mate, lifes a ■■■■■ at times
i think the logic behind it is the amount of carnage that can be caused by a lorry compared to a car.
why have they removed the entitlement off your license?

I’m assuming that the police have said that the uninsured driver is at fault.
So why is your licence now restricted :question:
Was it due to a medical following on from this incident where they found something that had not been previously diagnosed :question:

PS - I’m glad you are OK

recent check up revealed nerve tissue loss in left shoulder and upper arm. muscle tone is starting to fade and unfortunately on a recent drive to devon from the midlands i realised why the restrictions. my left hand was ‘buzzing’ with pins and needles and the upper arm was very sore and the shoulder stiff. shame there are no magic cures for it but it has left me quite miserable and at times pretty disillusioned with life? :angry:

blueisland:
recent check up revealed nerve tissue loss in left shoulder and upper arm. muscle tone is starting to fade and unfortunately on a recent drive to devon from the midlands i realised why the restrictions. my left hand was ‘buzzing’ with pins and needles and the upper arm was very sore and the shoulder stiff. shame there are no magic cures for it but it has left me quite miserable and at times pretty disillusioned with life? :angry:

Was this damage as a result of the crash :question:

yep. all due to the crash. last year pretty dismal. no rugby all season and was hopefully making it my last but not this way. daughter had problems traveling in cars after, grandson just wanted to play bumper cars. ‘again grandad?’

just to add. inurance cover included legal add on. best thing ever did. within 24 hours recieved countless calls and had solicitor organising case to put forward to mib and the help from my insurers was absolutely first class, and i don’t sell insurance!!!

:frowning: Sorry to hear about your troubles. :frowning:
Have you been off work since the crash? Are you managing ok?
I hope you get it sorted soon. :frowning:

its folk like that wee git that wants me to have a gun,
you will know if i get hit by one, ill be ont he 6 oclock news lol.

why cant the police make examples of lil {zb} like him when they do that yet when a driver has a trucker has an infringment they jump on you like a ton of bricks.

they should be made to explain their actions to the traffic commisioner then be sent down for 5 years minimum, 10 years if they cause an accident.

the young lad who hit us got out of the car and asked if he could use my mobile! unfortunately the answer he got made him run off!!lol. when the bill got to him his reason for leaving the scene was that he thought i was going to kill him! well, he wasn’t far wrong.what made it really difficult was that i was only 200 metres from home and i knew the lad and where he lived. are these people total cabbages? the out come for him was a slapped wrist really, he recieved a driving ban of 12 months ( stupid!!! he hasnt got a licence anyway) a fine of a couple hundred quid and 6months community service…probably at some form of motor project! real punishment! enough to prevent the ■■■■ offending again. not.

blueisland:
the young lad who hit us got out of the car and asked if he could use my mobile! unfortunately the answer he got made him run off!!lol. when the bill got to him his reason for leaving the scene was that he thought i was going to kill him! well, he wasn’t far wrong.what made it really difficult was that i was only 200 metres from home and i knew the lad and where he lived. are these people total cabbages? the out come for him was a slapped wrist really, he recieved a driving ban of 12 months ( stupid!!! he hasnt got a licence anyway) a fine of a couple hundred quid and 6months community service…probably at some form of motor project! real punishment! enough to prevent the ■■■■ offending again. not.

typical of the british justice system

the victim usually gets more of a punishment.

The way it all works is not for the victim. the criminal becomes the victim because of the pressures that society puts on them. that is the answer i have been given when asking why punishments seem so lax for most crime. can u think of anything so utter crap.