Carpal Tunnel

Anyone had the op?.

Im going in on friday whats to be expected?.

Im having BOTH hands done !!!.

jammymutt:
Anyone had the op?.

Im going in on friday whats to be expected?.

Hi jammymutt, I’ve had a similar op HERE
The fact sheet they gave me for mine (cubital tunnel release) had the same info for carpal tunnel, so I’m thinking the two ops are fairly similar.

jammymutt:
Im having BOTH hands done !!!.

At the same time?
I needed both elbows fettling, but they wouldn’t do them both at the same time, cos I live alone.
In my case they said I had to wait a minimum of 3 months beween the ops, but in the end it was a year for various other reasons.

My neighbour has had the carpal tunnel op, and he told me that his post-op recovery was quite quick.
I hope this helps and please get well soon. :smiley:

Yes Dave they asked if my faqmily would be able to help at home and told me to have both done as 4-6 weeks off is better than double that time by having them done at seperate times.

To be honest I am absolutely ■■■■■■■■ myself I just hope I dont cause the misses is going to have to clean it up if I do.

jammymutt:
Yes Dave they asked if my faqmily would be able to help at home and told me to have both done as 4-6 weeks off is better than double that time by having them done at seperate times.

To be honest I am absolutely [zb] myself I just hope I dont cause the misses is going to have to clean it up if I do.

Hi jammymutt, take it easy mate, there’s nothing to worry about- honestly. :wink:

Read my diary link above to see the funny side. :laughing:

:arrow_right: :bulb: TIP: You’ll be just fine if you’re careful to follow the instructions and advice they’ll give you. :wink:

Jammymutt I had both hands done at the same time a few years back. Local anathestic, no probs at all, they even let me watch. Two surgeons at the same time one learning, the side he did came out best. Was back at home in about three hours.

Knight how did you get on with toilet etc picking things up , how long did it take you to recover enough to get on with daily things an how long before you were fully fit??.

I was told I can watch too but I am very squeamish with stuff like that.

Was your Endosopic?I have a feeling mine might be.

Dead easy.

Theres afew things I cant do but its not as painful as I thought should be back at work in 2 weeks even though i get full sick pay the boredom has settled in already and il be tearing outwhat hairs left by the end of thefirst week watching daytime tv !!!.

jammymutt:
Dead easy.

Hi jammymutt, there ya go, I told you there wasn’t anything to worry about. :grimacing:

You’ll be all fixed up in no time. :smiley:

just dont read any dirty magazines :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This Carpal Tunnel, Do they take DKV?

I went back on Monday to have m dressings changed I was supposed to get this done at home by a friend or relative but we could NOT get the plasersto stick to my hands.

I walked up to reception and said

" I had an operation here on Friday for Carpal tunnel on both hands".

She then types some thing on her computer and asks my name, which I duly spell for her.

Then she says?

" Have you been here before"

IS IT ME?.

This is what they done to me its not as bad as I thoguht it would be you just need to remember not to try and do all the things you could do like stretch OUCH!!! and reach for things.

Typing is ok though :wink:

@ Wheenut ,no they only take red cross,

and Jammymutt, wish you a speedy recovery

jammymutt:

That looks like it’s healing nicely jammymutt. :smiley:

jammymutt:
Typing is ok though :wink:

Yes, but typing might be the reason you got the carpal tunnel problem in the first place. :wink:

Take it easy eh?? :smiley:

SSSSHHHHH

Apparently its common with people who play a lot of computer games so I have no idea why I got it…:wink:

carpal tunnel■■? is that anywhere near barry island? :question: :question: :question: :question: :exclamation: [/img]

The stitches came out today I have to say that if anyhone is going to have this operation it is fairly easy to have done, I would offer one tip though if like me you have hands like leather use some moisturiser weeks before the op to soften your hands and they will heal quicker.

Thanks to all who gave me info on it.