Dental Implants

Anybody had any done?

where?

How much?

Happy?

mods: if this must be moved to Bully’s i understand.

Never had them, i still have my own teeth, but the back ones are in a right state, cracked and stuff, i’m going to loose them at some point.

Think for a whole set your talking about £10K, maybe more or less depending on the state of your gums.

That was awhile ago i looked some prices maybe gone down a bit since they are becoming a lot more popular, a few places were offering interest free credit on them.

Need to be a non-smoker though other wise waste of time, since will get problems with infections and healing.

If you head eastbound on the m56. Theres a company advertising in a field. Dental implants £600 ish.
probably per tooth. :laughing:
My dentist told me he would do it for about £2000 when he does his course.

limeyphil:
If you head eastbound on the m56. Theres a company advertising in a field. Dental implants £600 ish.
probably per tooth. :laughing:
My dentist told me he would do it for about £2000 when he does his course.

Blimey :exclamation: thats costly :open_mouth: - how much are a full set of dentures :question: :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

It is easier and cheaper to get dentures, you can get them repaired at the local nail bar :smiley:

I was quoted 17 grand for implants :open_mouth:

I was quoted £3,000 for one implant!
When you are thinking about buying dentures,don’t go to the dentist,go direct to the dental lab.You’ll get better service and a much better price.

Go to Poland they run dental trips from most uk airports !!! google dental implants in poland

:laughing: Less pain getting false ones. Few good sets available below…pretty reasonable cost too :exclamation:

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Dentures aren’t a consideration.

I need 3 implants but in reality will probably be 2 implants carrying a bridge of 3 crowns.

£2k a piece is about the going rate for uk is seems.

However, own dentist in Leyland has quoted £4500 - 5000. for 3

Manchester University dental hospital (where they’re practising!!!) £6k+ :unamused:

Another dentist about £3,300 for 2 + 3

Would seem can be done in Hungary for about 1/2 that, but requires 2 or 3 trips to Budapest.

There was an item on Radio 4 a couple of years ago. It certainly concerned a patient going to Eastern Europe. Lithuania, IIRC.

The person had definately done their homework because on a week’s holiday they had literally everything done. The Dentist in question, worked on his teeth, daily, in the mornings, and then lectured to students in the afternoon. The patient even became an ‘item’ of interest for the students as to how bad Dentistry in the U.K. had become.

And the cost. The figure of £200 comes to mind. Certainly less than £500.

so has anyone went abroad or a dentist on here? you hear horror stories i just wondered what it is actually like?

I just wondered if we could help you out, there are a few of us on here who are handy with the spanners :stuck_out_tongue:

Although If you wanted a really professional job you could ask Happy Keith who no doubt will have the requisite amount of PTFE tape. :wink:

Seriously, Orys might be able to point you in the right direction for dental implants in Poland