Is it a Good or Bad Surprise

last week our son came in and had a chat with his mum, he broke the news to her that we are going to be grandarents… :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Excellent news you think? well, not really, me and the wife are 35 & 36, our son is 15 and so is his girlfriend.
:cry: :cry:

were not too sure if its a good thing or not but the wife is waming to the idea. what i mean by warming to the idea is that the argos catalogue is well thumbed arond the baby section. :angry: :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning: :laughing:

Well look on the bright side.

You are all young enough to have the stamina to keep up with a little one.
It gets harder as you get older.
The kids are quicker and you are slower.
Just enjoy… and spoil it rotten!

congrats to you and your’s mate :open_mouth:

am only 35
:confused:

mind you ma oldest is 10 and still think’s girl’s are horrible :laughing:

enjoy him or her and look on the bright side when the baby start’s screaming you can pass him/her back and go to the pub
:wink:

Firstly congrats on the grandchild to be, … whatever the situation a grand child will bring joy to your lives with the bonus that when they get a bit too much you can hand them back :laughing:

The only thing that is in my view slightly sad is that your son and girlfriend have just missed out on having a few years enjoying life without any real responsibilty. to do the daft stupid and wild things that young adults can. Those years I believe are the greatest learning experience for any person.

Personally I dragged those years out as long as possible and didnt really settle down until my early 40’s, but in those years I have been to places, made mistakes and experienced things that have enriched my life and broadened my horizons so much, It is a shame in my view that these two young people are going to miss those life experiences

Congrats to all :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Probably not the way you would have planned things but hey, it makes life interesting :wink:
So, you will be a Grandad at 53… oops sorry :blush: got numbers the wrong way - 35 just think, if this carries on you could be a great great grandad at 65 … I’m going for a very long walk now…

SERIOUSLY - hope all goes well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My friend had her first aged 16
and then was a Grandma at 32 and a great grandma at 48 and now is expecting to be a great great grandma soon.
Everyone seemed to manage OK although I do agree with Rikki on the missed youth thing.
But as they say - you dont miss what you never had… or so they would have us believe.

Ahh now I see.
I think CONGRATULATIONS are in order I agree with Rikki and a grandchild is a grandchild whenever they come. I agree with a lot in the previous posts but the sense of shock must be overwhelming. Good Luck to all involved and I’m sure that the little one will bring a lot of joy and some quick maturing for the parents. :wink: I’m 35 and I have a 16 year old son, I was a little older than your son when I had my first but not by that much and I wouldn’t change a thing. :smiley:

Congratulations to your whole family :smiley:

Should I also add congratulations to Argos ?, sounds like their profits may be about to rise :smiley:

thanks for all the congrats.

the only thing that i was slightly angry about is that he had his whole life in front of him and, as so many people have rightly pointed out, he is going to miss out on this now, until he is at least 30. at least he will have to grow up now and stop hanging round the co-op with his nike cap on, the stupid chav!

i dont think he is the type to turn his back on her but he doesnt seem to be getting involved as much as he would like. his girlfriend went to the doctors the other day and he was meant to be going with her, but he phoned her when he came home from school and she said she was already there with her mum, i know she needs her mum at this time but he wasnt very happy about it.

plus if were going to be helping them out by buying stuff he needs to start washing my car a hell of a lot more!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dont the police get involved when she goes to the doctors?