Looking after Kids

Hi Kierran.

Your post is quite old now, but I’m still interested to hear how things are going now.

Our daughter Katie was born nearly 4 years ago with a tumour on her neck. My wife Donna was also hit by a major case of Post Natal Depression which left me looking after the both of them.

I wasn’t driving at the time, but had to give up the job I had to look after the both of them as I couldn’t cope with everything. This got us in to huge debt, but was unavoidable.

Katie finally had the majority of the tumour removed and is just left with scarring now, which can hopefully be sorted out when she’s a bit older and stronger. Donna has finally come out of her depression (mostly) so I’ve been able to go back to working full time.

These things are horrible mate, especially when it involves children. All you can do is your absolute best to get through it and come out of the other end, keeping your family number 1 above all else. Sometimes it meens not seeing them much when money is a priority, and when you do see them and you are knackered, just try your best to make that time special.

Your son looks great by the say.
Paul.