Are my eyes really that bad

had to do a load of drops round leicester so called in , grabed a philips street atlas of leicestershire and rutland of the shelf, went back to cab to check where i needed to be ,but couldnt make out any of the names of the streets.
does any one else struggle reading these ,or is it just me :confused: :confused:

:open_mouth: Specsavers are still doing 2 for 1 I hear … :sunglasses:

You might get a shock when your medical is due. I did and have 101 on my licence now. Its a real pain on a motorbike

Malc…we all think our eyes are better than they are …just before my medical a few weeks ago i went to the doctors.and he asked me to read the chart…well ni couldnt read below the third line…so he told me he didnt want to take my money…and to go and see an optician and come back…very good of him i thought…so i made the appointment…had my eyes tested…and waited for my new glasses…what i never realised is …i already had long distance glasses…but for some reason i too to the doctors my reading glasses…no wonder i couldnt see…so it goes to prove that in old age …its not only your eyes that suffer…but the brain as well…
Anyway…the optician told me that he knows that particular doctors surgery, and said that the eyesight test is completely unnacceptable…1.because its not illuminated 2. its too far away 3. the seat is not adjustable, and so a patient is not in line with the chart…So my eyes are now better than they were, with my new glasses,including sun glasses with prescription lenses. I sent off my medical papers to DVLA…they wrote back 2 weeks later saying I had to tell them in writing, that i will always wear my glasses when driving, which i did, but i have no intention of doing so because my eyes are perfect…except when reading a newspaper…i can read perfectly any number plate, or road sign… so just take it easy out there…

Wheel Nut:
You might get a shock when your medical is due. I did and have 101 on my licence now. Its a real pain on a motorbike

I was annoyed when I got my C+D provisional added because they 101’d all the other categories. I need glasses to meet the standards for vocational use, but not A+B. Finally got it straightened out so my licence only shows 101 on C+D.

Agreed it’s a pain on a motorcycle. I did have a BMW System 3 lid for some years!

pardon my ignorance but what is a “101” on your license

Who said that? Where’s me cane?? :laughing: :laughing:

dogface:

it means that you must wear specs or lenses when driving anything or you can be fined for not having a brief.

On the back of a licence it will say the codes you have got.

Wheel Nut:
it means that you must wear specs or lenses when driving anything or you can be fined for not having a brief.

Not quite. Anything to which the restriction code is next to.

It’s odd because I don’t have a 101 next to my C1E, but I do have on all other vocational categories.:confused: My A,B,BE and fklnp don’t have 101.

As you can see, the DVLA struggle to get it right and consistent, but the bottom effort was better than their 2nd try. The first try had 101 across all categories…

The 115 I have on the back means they can knock on my door and say “We’ve come for your liver, sir!” :laughing:

More on driving licence information codes can be found HERE

macplaxton:

Wheel Nut:

Not quite. Anything to which the restriction code is next to.

It’s odd because I don’t have a 101 next to my C1E, but I do have on all other vocational categories.:confused: My A,B,BE and fklnp don’t have 101.

The 115 I have on the back means they can knock on my door and say “We’ve come for your liver, sir!” :laughing:

More on driving licence information codes can be found HERE

:blush: Where on the licence (plastic/photo type) are these codes ?

dambuster:
:oops: Where on the licence (plastic/photo type) are these codes ?

Box number 12. which also runs underneath. See photo on edit.

SORRY I GOT MIXED UP WITH WHEELNUT. 101 is not for hire or reward. 01 is eyesight correction :blush:

Wheel Nut:

dogface:

Isn’t it not for hire and reward? :wink:

Wheel Nut:

101 is “not for hire or reward” :confused: :confused: :confused:

it’s 01 for eyesight correction :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ah, I often wondered about those :blush:

So I can drive a 44t artic, but not a 7.5t with trailer weighing more tha zzzzzzzzzzzzzz - sorry, I nodded off for a minute then.

And I can drive a double deck coach (plus trailer) full of holidaymaker passengers from Calias to the Spanish Costas, but I can’t drive a minibus of 14 if they’re payi zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - oops, sorry, I did it again.

:unamused:

Seriously though - I hope one supercedes the other :open_mouth:

ok, must reply faster :wink:

was just scanning my DL

just noticed I have 01 codes for C, CE, D1 but not D

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:confused: :confused:

Denis F:

was just scanning my DL

Bus drivers are blind, aren’t they?? :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

allikat:

Denis F:

was just scanning my DL

Bus drivers are blind, aren’t they?? :smiling_imp: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

nice new Sig - well done :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:unamused: DVLA need to sort their computer system out so that all licences get sorted on a common anniversary date ie: Your Birthday :unamused:

:imp: Just recently got back my Driving licence after 45 yr medical but it will need to go back in 3yrs time for a new photo ( every 10 yrs-no cost) then 1 yr later my Driver Card goes back for renewal, then 2 yrs later licence goes back again 50 yr medical and so on and on…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:bulb: Why dont they just do a licence / picture / driver card renewal every 5 yrs at the medical point :question: ■■■■ site easier if you ask me :unamused: In fact why not just put it all on 1 card ( well soon all probably have a Driver CPC card aswell - that will give me 5 to find space in my wallet for then, as we all have a site access cards and a Fleetboard/Telematics card aswell )zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :question:

Easiest way to find out how bad your eyes are is to pop into the Local Pound Shop and try the ÂŁ1.00 Glasses they sell.

I thought my eyes were spot on but found myself straining to read small print, I invested in a pair of ÂŁ1 specs and hey presto and small print is easily read :wink: