Not the news I wanted

As one or two of you may remember when I posted about getting stuck in the mud, about 5 or 6 weeks ago, on the same day my dad was rushed into hospital. Well after plenty of poking and prodding and tests, the worst has been confirmed today. Its kidney cancer. Am absolutely devastated about it has is my mum.

He will be going into hospital in the next week or so to have his left kidney removed. Im really worried that he wont survive the surgery, as he is 69 and 20 stone. Until I get home tomorrow I cant read any of the literature that he has been given to explain the procedures.

Its a real blow and at the moment I dont think I have taken it all in, will probably hit me when I see him tomorrow.

Hope it goes ok for him

i’ve got my fingers crossed for him

Its a fight & I hope he wins .Best of luck.

I have my fingers crosssed
all the best for your dad.

I hope your dad comes through ok bugcos.

I’m so sorry to hear this mate, my thoughts are with you. There are a lot of people aound at the moment, sadly who fully understand what you and your family are going through.

best wishes to both you and your Dad, Bugcos

Best wishes mate, i hope yr dad is comfortable.

Best wishes for your dad mate am keeping my fingers crossed for him

Absolutely echo all what has been said.

Give your old fellow my regards,and hope everything goes well.

Ken.

good luck with bugcos. as this this thread is a week old any news yet.

Well should have been going in to have kidney removed on Sun 20.4.08, but this got cancelled, so is now scheduled to go in on 5th May, hopefully, he is in very good spirits tho as ever!

just come across this got to keep strong and fight it

regards jon

Quick update. He got called in to hospital yesterday, to have the surgery this morning. Saw him last night and was in really high spirits, and wasnt scared of the surgery.

Anyway just left him tonight, and hes in brilliantly high spirits, the old bugger! Am completely over the moon as this was my biggest concern, him surviving the surgery. So he is now one kidney lighter and hopefully cancer free. Am convinced he is gonna make it now, so its good news at the minute :smiley:

well done buggy im glad your dad is on the mend. :wink: :wink: :wink:

That’s great news Bug, Hope he gets well very soon!

Great news mate, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :smiley:

fANTASTIC; all the best to all and
a speedy recovery ,

Good news here to a speedy recovery