Ouch!!

Was coming down the steps from the office today and when i got to the bottom of the step a pain shot up my left leg to me calf muscle, it was bloody painful like someone had shoved a red hot poker up me leg.
Now i find it hard to walk on and me right side of me calf muscle is killing me and me ankle as swollen up.

Just wondered if anyone as had this happened to them and what it could be,may have to go to a&e tommorow if its still this bad.

Could have just trapped a nerve, or torn a ligament.

Hmm, sounds familiar.

I did that, stepped off a kerb, quite normally and two days later a visit to A&E showed three broken bones in my lower leg.

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Kate:
Hmm, sounds familiar.

I did that, stepped off a kerb, quite normally and two days later a visit to A&E showed three broken bones in my lower leg.

Always thought women weren’t different! :wink:
Last I knew there were only two bones in the lower leg, tibia and fibula :slight_smile:

penfold:

Last I knew there were only two bones in the lower leg, tibia and fibula :slight_smile:

Nope - there’s the bit of fibula above the break, the bit below … :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, smartalecs.

Shall I rephrase that, just for the pedants amongst you.

3 breaks in the bones of my lower leg.

Happy now?

the tarsus are the cluster of bones in the foot between the tibia and fibula and the metatarsus. The bones of the tarsus do not belong to individual toes, whereas those of the metatarsus do. The joint between the tibia and fibula and the tarsus is called the ankle[edit] In humans
The seven tarsal bones are:

the talus bone (articulates with leg bones)
the calcaneus bone (heel)
the three cuneiform bones
the cuboid bone
the navicular bone
Femur upper extremity head (fovea) · neck · greater trochanter (trochanteric fossa) · lesser trochanter · intertrochanteric line · intertrochanteric crest
body linea aspera · gluteal tuberosity/third trochanter · pectineal line
lower extremity adductor tubercle · epicondyles (lateral, medial) · condyles (lateral, medial) · patellar surface · intercondylar fossa

Tibia upper extremity intercondylar eminence (posterior intercondylar area, anterior intercondylar area, lateral intercondylar tubercle, medial intercondylar tubercle) · condyles (lateral, medial)
body tuberosity · soleal line
lower extremity medial malleolus · fibular notch

Fibula head · body · lateral malleolus
Tarsus calcaneus (sustentaculum tali, trochlear process) · talus (body, neck, head) · navicular · cuboid · cuneiform (medial, intermediate, lateral)
Metatarsus 1st metatarsal · 2nd · 3rd · 4th · 5th
Other patella · phalanges of the foot :smiley: where was the break

ooh look google works :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind all that get yourself off to the doctor :wink:

Has the whole ankle swollen or is it more like the tendon at the back of the heel?
Either way you need to get it seen to, let us know how you get on. :wink:

brit_mark:
it was bloody painful like someone had shoved a red hot poker up me leg.

Sounds exactly like the feeling I had a few years ago when I ruptured my bicep so it is possible you have done the same to one of the leg muscles. In my case I no longer have a bicep in my left arm, well actually it is still there it is just useless as it is only attached at the top end and does nothing any more

Coffeeholic:
Sounds exactly like the feeling I had a few years ago when I ruptured my bicep so it is possible you have done the same to one of the leg muscles. In my case I no longer have a bicep in my left arm, well actually it is still there it is just useless as it is only attached at the top end and does nothing any more

That was my thoughts Neil. :frowning: