as I have never had to do anything like
this before. I know to talk to a funeral
parlour to sort things out but anything
else I would just be guessing and I want
it doing properly.

Thanks.

Hopefully this link will be of some help to you m8

Hi convoy,
IMHO, the best thing you could do is to go to a funeral director and discuss your needs with them.
They’re very experienced at dealing with all the issues that you must be wondering about.
IMHO, the funeral director will take a lot of the strain for you and will provide you with a lot of helpful advice and explain your choices.
When I had to arrange my Dad’s funeral, I remember thinking what a weight had been removed from my mind, once I’d got the funeral directors involved.
I hope this helps.

just go to your local funeral director, tell them roughly what you want and how much you can pay and once agreed on a plan they do it all.
i dont know what your financial situation is like, but if cash is in short supply and you’ve got a relative on the social, get the relative to do it and get assistance of the DHSS.
it cost me £1300 to bury my mate when he died last april, and that was without cars, we took him on a lorry to the crematorium

Just echo what has been said before, it cost us 2000 last year to bury dad, that included the grave plot and 2 cars, also a trip for a post mortem.

The one we dealt with was very accomodating, and easy to get on with.

depends who it’s for :exclamation: :exclamation:

after a very bad heart attack I took a funeral Bond out with the Coop in 1997 cost £1127 but it’s what I want

afterwards I arranged my own Wake saying that I had worked for it, I had paid for it so I’m going to enjoy it

but in my own time in the summer twas a BBQ

I don’t remember much of it but the story is I had a bit to much (chicken :question: ) and when it was all over coming back into the house tripped over the back step slid headlong across the kitchen floor jammed my fingers under the fridge which had to be lifted to extract my hand and it was next morning before I found a very bruised hand with a couple of broken fingers

Thanks for the reply’s and information.
The link was also good thanks tachograph

A good funeral director will take all the worry out of everything that has to happen, before and on the day. Dont worry, it will all come together for you and the family and you will get through it all. My thoughts are with you all at this sad time.
Danneke